PDA

View Full Version : Mauresmo switched to Head

dmseon
05-31-2007, 08:23 AM
Watching Mauresmo playing her country woman Dechy at RG and noticed she is playing with Head now. How long since she switched from Dunlop? Anyone knows the reason why? I can't remember her playing with anything else but Dunlop.

bruinp
05-31-2007, 08:53 AM
She switched quite a while ago. I think it was somewhere around february.
Reasons? Money i guess. She is still playing the same frame she used when she was signed with Dunlop, but with a different paintjob

Swinging Simian
05-31-2007, 08:54 AM
nice paint job. anyone know what model racquet the paint job is based on?

Jonny S&V
05-31-2007, 08:59 AM
Head MicroGel Radical MP (99.9% sure).

a_6m
05-31-2007, 09:02 AM
Well the WTA websites says, that it is a Flexpoint Radical....but the paint job is not even close to it. However, the paint job looks like its inspired from Head Microgels bt the color is orangish...

I shuffled through heads, tw, and other websites to check if some new Microgel is launched... bt found nothing.

Jonny S&V
05-31-2007, 09:04 AM
Well the WTA websites says, that it is a Flexpoint Radical....but the paint job is not even close to it. However, the paint job looks like its inpired from Head Microgels bt the color is orangish...

I shuffled through heads, tw, and other websites to check if some new Microgel is launched... bt found nothing.

I am positive it is a Microgel Radical, but I don't know if they added a tour to the end of it or something along those lines.

Jonny S&V
05-31-2007, 09:04 AM
Sorry to double-post, but I meant Microgel Radical PJ, not the actual frame.

a_6m
05-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Yeah may b u r right....n Now we might see microgels in all other head models like Prestige instinct etc etc...

nickb
05-31-2007, 01:37 PM
Its her old dunlop painted to a microgel radical MP.

ballista
11-20-2007, 06:57 AM
I'm curious to know how a player continues to be issued with the old raquet - if she has used the custom Dunlop "tour mold" since the late 90s, wouldn't she need Dunlop to mint them for her? Does anyone inside tennis know how this is done without Head actually raiding a Dunlop factory?

jura
11-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Dunlop has no own factory. Head probably just went to the factory that produces Amelies rackets, bought 1000 frames and gave them to their own factory for the paint works.