PDA

View Full Version : Samsh Court 2 is now the best tennis game out there

splink779
09-26-2004, 03:02 PM
I just got the game, and in comparison to Topspin, TMS, and Virtua Tennis, it is the best. Some people say that it is a slow game, it isnt. It is real time speed. The AI is pretty decent and the pro selection, though slim, is still the best out there. It relies on shot timing instead of moving into the ball path and holding down the shoot button. Best tennis game so far.

Tennis Guy
09-27-2004, 03:17 PM
I agree. Creating a player is very detailed too.

PusherMan
09-28-2004, 01:41 AM
I've come to the conclusion that those who diss Topspin as 'unrealistic' simply aren't very good at the game or have some beef with the X-box in general. Neither Topspin or Smash Court are touted as tennis 'simulators'. They are video games. Nothing more.

Secondly, it's not fair to judge Topspin based on it's single player game. This game shines against other humans. If you don't have X-box live, then I agree 100% that Topspin is only a mediocre game at best.

jediknightdan
09-28-2004, 07:05 AM
now is it

jediknightdan
09-28-2004, 07:05 AM
??

bismark
09-28-2004, 10:27 AM
You spelled '??' correctly. Bravo.

tennisboy87
09-28-2004, 02:37 PM
I too like Smash Court better than Topspin, but they're both great games. I hope Topspin 2 is even better, whenever it comes out.

splink779
09-28-2004, 03:37 PM
I've come to the conclusion that those who diss Topspin as 'unrealistic' simply aren't very good at the game or have some beef with the X-box in general. Neither Topspin or Smash Court are touted as tennis 'simulators'. They are video games. Nothing more.

Secondly, it's not fair to judge Topspin based on it's single player game. This game shines against other humans. If you don't have X-box live, then I agree 100% that Topspin is only a mediocre game at best.

No one was dissing Topspin here. I just said Smashcourt was better. And for multiplayer I think Smashcourt is better.