PDA

View Full Version : Nalbandian is the fattest professional of all time?

The Gorilla
06-01-2007, 10:11 AM
he hit one forehand winner, and they showed a slo-mo replay of him hitting it, and his shirt rose up as he hit the shot and his belly was just huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's unbelievable, he's far more overweight than serena.

idj49
06-01-2007, 10:13 AM
He's a man so it's ok.

SuperPhong
06-01-2007, 10:14 AM
I think Taylor Dent was or is pretty overweight too

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-01-2007, 10:15 AM
He's a man so it's ok.

:confused: :confused:

idj49
06-01-2007, 10:19 AM
:confused: :confused:

What are you confused about? Serena is villified on here at least once a week about her appearance. Meanwhile Nalbandian has been going on court with what amounts to a beer gut for at least a year and no one says anything about it.

diegaa
06-01-2007, 10:20 AM
He sure has a big belly.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-01-2007, 10:26 AM
idj49

I knew exactly what u meant, but I didn't know ur thoughts on him being overweight.

With that being said I remember there were a thread talking about Federer and him being over weight which was just sad nit picking.

But watching Nalbandian play, he is CLEARLY fat and not winning anything by the way.

Serena I guess gets criticized for her weight because that’s the only thing to pick on.

Andres
06-01-2007, 10:26 AM
What are you confused about? Serena is villified on here at least once a week about her appearance. Meanwhile Nalbandian has been going on court with what amounts to a beer gut for at least a year and no one says anything about it.
No one? there are several threads about it.

SEVERAL!

And thousands of posts ;)

randomname
06-01-2007, 10:32 AM
serena wouldnt get criticized as much if she didnt wear such hideous clothing, what do you expect when your that big and walk out on court in a skin tight jumper. plus its alot harder to tell with nalbandian, its not like he wears tube tops when he plays

idj49
06-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Should we count how many Nalbandian fat posts there are vs. Serena is fat ones? ;) You and I both know which one will win. Even when Serena is as fit as she can be she still gets called fat. She is constantly criticized on how big her legs, butt, breasts are all of which are genetically predisposed to be larger. Nalbandian has a huge stomach that can be helped and there is hardly a mention of it.

diegaa
06-01-2007, 10:36 AM
No one? there are several threads about it.

SEVERAL!

And thousands of posts ;)

trillions of useless posts about it.

mJeez4293
06-01-2007, 10:37 AM
nalbandian is good so it doesnt matter if hes fat

Kobble
06-01-2007, 10:37 AM
That fat guy can do back flips.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-01-2007, 10:38 AM
serena wouldnt get criticized as much if she didnt wear such hideous clothing, what do you expect when your that big and walk out on court in a skin tight jumper. plus its alot harder to tell with nalbandian, its not like he wears tube tops when he plays

Now its her clothing????..lol

Ronaldo
06-01-2007, 11:08 AM
he hit one forehand winner, and they showed a slo-mo replay of him hitting it, and his shirt rose up as he hit the shot and his belly was just huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nalby in training, eh? http://philip.greenspun.com/images/20050813-newport-jazz-festival/fat-shirtless-guy-eating-cheeseburger-2.4.jpg

Warriorroger
06-01-2007, 11:11 AM

I am glad he is, to me he is an inspiration, you can play good tennis and you can have a belly. Good for him. Better to have a belly like his, than to be so small minded.

dubsplayer
06-01-2007, 11:13 AM
There have been a ton of Fat Dave threads on this board and every other tennis board, not to mention that every time he plays the comms go on and on about his weight and how he like to get into the donuts. As someone who' has seen him in person a ton of times, I'll admit he has a tummy, but he is far from fat.

Fedace
06-01-2007, 11:17 AM

He enjoys the good life much like most south americans do. I don't blame him, he has the money, women, fame, what else can you ask for?? Perhaps a better term for him would be, the Fastest Athlete with the most body fat, maybe he can make it into Ripley's believe it or not ?;)

javier sergio
06-01-2007, 11:20 AM
idj49

I knew exactly what u meant, but I didn't know ur thoughts on him being overweight.

With that being said I remember there were a thread talking about Federer and him being over weight which was just sad nit picking.

But watching Nalbandian play, he is CLEARLY fat and not winning anything by the way.

Serena I guess gets criticized for her weight because thatís the only thing to pick on.

Are you seriuos saying "he is not winning anythig" ? get informed buddy !!!

Jonnyf
06-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Eh ever heard of Labadze.! search getty images for 'im.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Are you seriuos saying "he is not winning anythig" ? get informed buddy !!!

Sorry my bad, a few matches yes but what after that???

5 Career titles?

MikeZee
06-01-2007, 11:30 AM
I hate to add to this thread, but if you guys wanna talk about overweight tennis players how about Marion Bartoli... now there's a chunky lady! And unlike with Serena, you simply cannot argue that this girl's extra weight is muscle and not fat.

javier sergio
06-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Davydenko about Naldandian;

The more match play Nalbandian gets, the more dangerous he is, says Davydenko.

"He plays better and better; it's tougher to stop him every round, because he's feeling more confident," the Russian stated. "It's different for me to play against Monfils or Nalbandian; against Nalbandian I have a little more pressure."

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Davydenko about Naldandian;

The more match play Nalbandian gets, the more dangerous he is, says Davydenko.

"He plays better and better; it's tougher to stop him every round, because he's feeling more confident," the Russian stated. "It's different for me to play against Monfils or Nalbandian; against Nalbandian I have a little more pressure."

Okay point proven, not trying to argue.

serve/and/volley
06-01-2007, 11:35 AM
If you think Nalbandian is fat, check out the women players on the college teams. These are some hard-hitting heifers! Anyone willing to post a pic?

dubsplayer
06-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Eh ever heard of Labadze.! search getty images for 'im.

He makes Fat Dave look svelt. And I think it had to be John Barrett who said Labadze had "child bearing hips".

Jonnyf
06-01-2007, 11:57 AM
He makes Fat Dave look svelt. And I think it had to be John Barrett who said Labadze had "child bearing hips".

HAHAHAH.! quality

Chadwixx
06-01-2007, 11:58 AM
idj49

Serena I guess gets criticized for her weight because thatís the only thing to pick on.

No serena gets picked on because she acts like she isnt fat and wears revealing clothes. When nalbandian shows up in a speedo we will let him know he is too big for that, much like we do serena.

ATXtennisaddict
06-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Well, he played one of the leanest and most athletic today.

Shaolin
06-01-2007, 12:02 PM
http://www.sme.sk/cdata/1893134/Irakli-Labadze.jpg

This is Labadze. He's actually a very talented and powerful lefty player, but his work ethic makes Safin look like Hewitt. If he trained really hard he could be top 20 easy.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-01-2007, 12:03 PM
No serena gets picked on because she acts like she isnt fat and wears revealing clothes. When nalbandian shows up in a speedo we will let him know he is too big for that, much like we do serena.

Case and Point...lol

ktownva
06-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Nalbandian and Kuznetsova should hook up and have a baby. It would be the new generation of tennis/sumo athlete.

J-man
06-01-2007, 12:14 PM
http://www.sme.sk/cdata/1893134/Irakli-Labadze.jpg

This is Labadze. He's actually a very talented and powerful lefty player, but his work ethic makes Safin look like Hewitt. If he trained really hard he could be top 20 easy.:lol: That's good picture of him.

Roforot
06-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Also would add, that Serena could, if she had been healthy and treated tennis as a serious career, been the greatest women's player. I don't care about how she looks; but I do not doubt the impact her weight had as she missed several parts of the year w/ knee and joint injuries. It almost seems like she's wasted the opportunity.

With Nalbandian, I think he's peaked and I don't see him doing much better 10lbs lighter nor do I see him losing 5 setters b/c he's cramped or not able to compete.

dubsplayer
06-01-2007, 12:19 PM

LOL! And as much as I love Fat Dave even I don't want to see him in a speedo.

ktownva
06-01-2007, 12:28 PM
LOL! And as much as I love Fat Dave even I don't want to see him in a speedo.

No one would be able to see the speedo, it would be lost somewhere in his gut and butt.

diegaa
06-01-2007, 12:53 PM
so, federer for the GOAT and Nalbo for the FOAT?

In D Zone
06-01-2007, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=MEAC_ALLAMERICAN;1484420]idj49

QUOTE]

DUDE!
Better read up to keep up with the current events before you say anything....

Here's one to get you started.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/bios/profile/ms/atpn301.html

kingdaddy41788
06-01-2007, 01:02 PM
You guys should be nicer to Nalbacon... er... I mean Nalbandian...

@wright
06-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Yep - Labadze is the guy who likes to smoke marijuana, and we all know what happens to people who smoke marijuana. 7/11, here I come! "heeeyyy, maaannnn, do you have any more of these little, twinkies, yeah that's it"

skip1969
06-01-2007, 01:56 PM
i'm sure nalby has no trouble scoring the beautiful babes, whatever we think of his 'look'.

i'll say this, americans have redefined "fat" . . . so it's best not to throw stones.

rommil
06-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Nalbandian and Kuznetsova should hook up and have a baby. It would be the new generation of tennis/sumo athlete.

That pregnancy will not involve sex with the two.

tnkGod4tns
06-01-2007, 02:16 PM
that belly is where he stores all his energy

Butters!
06-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Well whatever the size of that beer gut is he can play some good tennis. Now if he put himself through a strong training regimen and totally dedicate himself to the sport he could've won a slam by now and probably be a top 3 player. But I guess that won't happen.

shiva29
06-01-2007, 03:10 PM
ahahaha that's a good one !!

mileslong
06-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Serena I guess gets criticized for her weight because that’s the only thing to pick on.
no i usually pick on her personality..

Ronaldo
06-01-2007, 03:39 PM
I hate to add to this thread, but if you guys wanna talk about overweight tennis players how about Marion Bartoli... now there's a chunky lady! And unlike with Serena, you simply cannot argue that this girl's extra weight is muscle and not fat.

Tell that to Elena, eh? Overweight winna in da house!

ShcMad
06-01-2007, 05:29 PM
so, federer for the GOAT and Nalbo for the FOAT?

haha buena, diega

alwaysatnet
06-01-2007, 06:40 PM
idj49

Serena I guess gets criticized for her weight because that’s the only thing to pick on.A) Nalbandian has and is being taken down for having a gut. That's what this thread is for, for instance.
B) Serena Williams makes no effort to dress in a way that would minimize her girth. Indeed she seems to advertise it, judging by her outfits. And there are plenty of things to criticize Williams for besides her weight.
People gripe about her detractors but she also has a lot of people jumping in to defend her too. The knife cuts both ways.

mentalcase
06-01-2007, 09:02 PM
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/3116/fullj_getty-tennis-por-estoril-open_8_00_34_am.jpg

:-(

Slazenger
06-01-2007, 10:39 PM
He's a man so it's ok.

:p
best.post.ever!

callitout
06-02-2007, 04:56 AM
What shocks me with Nalbandian is that he consistently plays long grinding matches...and wins in part because he's the fitter player. No doubt he'd be even fitter if he were 15lbs less, but Monfils was the one who looked tired yesterday...Nalby's older, fatter, has been injured this year and Gael is the one who looked tired.

jmverdugo
06-02-2007, 05:11 AM
^^^ Yes, it is amazing, but if you look carefully he seems to be always in control of the point and he is not the one running from corner to corner, he manage the match that way, excellent anticipation and superb control of the point and he is not as slow as he seems to be, watch his feet.

Gugarocks
06-02-2007, 05:12 AM
Maybe he has a big belly, but his arms, his chest and legs are very muscular

Bjorn99
06-02-2007, 05:22 AM
I am starting to like Nalbandian. And in terms of fat, some people, just can't be thin, unless they don't eat. He is probably as fit or fitter than some guys who have NO fat. But, lets face it, he probably wishes he had a washboard.

Ronaldo
06-02-2007, 05:24 AM
^^^ Yes, it is amazing, but if you look carefully he seems to be always in control of the point and he is not the one running from corner to corner, he manage the match that way, excellent anticipation and superb control of the point and he is not as slow as he seems to be, watch his feet.

Davide the Punisher?

CanadianChic
06-02-2007, 05:25 AM
We can't even have a discussion of Nalby's weight without it mentioning Serena on...yeah...post 1!!!!! Why has no one mentioned Baggy yet? Hardly a slim guy that one. IMO.

Kobble
06-02-2007, 06:24 AM
Nalbandian is obviously fit to be able to do what he does. Gilbert said he saw him doing standing backflips on court. So, backflips, wins many five setters. That sounds like a fit guy to me.

As for Baggy, no joke, I saw a guy who looked just like him, and acted like him(kind of easy going with a good sense of humor). He also had one heck of a beautiful girlfriend. People who think it is about being a big name tennis star, I don't think so. People, including women, just like to be around that kind of personality.

Kobble
06-02-2007, 06:25 AM
Oh, and Labadze is the worst.