PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

monkeyisland90
06-01-2007, 10:53 AM
I just got an injury just above the wrist area (or on the wrist).. on pinkie side i think it's the pisiform... but got it after doing the hammer position in the serve..

My question is.. what are main causes of injury in tennis if you had to list it from 1 to XX 1 being the most frequent

poor technique
no warmup.stretches
environment (like a bananna on the floor... which is rare, but slippery surface..etc)
Not conditioning the proper body parts (ex rotator cuffs doing strenth training) etc..

Injuries suck so much because im in seattle and the weather is getting nice and usually is raining and i'm sidelined.. so i'm trying to be cautious now on the court and aware of doing anything that warns me my body will not accept it..

zapvor
06-01-2007, 11:23 PM
um...i would say lack of strecthing and bad technique ranks high. at least for me.

El Diablo
06-02-2007, 09:41 AM
The leading cause of injuries in tennis is...tennis. Bear in mind that pros are in great shape, have great technique, do stretching, and all the rest, yet most of them have had disabling injuries at times in their careers, which most amateurs who play the game have not -- despite lousy technique, wretched physical condition and inadequate stretching. It's a game of quick stops, starts and turns, rapid jerky motions, and physical trauma.