PDA

View Full Version : A glimpse into Rafa's lifestyle

sureshs
06-01-2007, 01:23 PM
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/06/01/sports/EU-SPT-TEN-French-Open-Notebook.php

HABIT FORMING: Rafael Nadal is following a strict routine in his bid for a third straight French Open title.

A light breakfast, the same dinner, and a fiercely competitive game on the computer before going to bed.

The second-seeded Spaniard begins each day by eating "bread with chocolate" and drinking "a few juices."

For dinner, he heads to the Champs-Elysees for his favorite meal, joined by his uncle Toni Nadal and Albert Costa the 2002 French Open champion.

Nadal likes to eat "my typical gambas (prawns), which I love; olives, which I also like a lot, and a plate of pasta," Nadal said on his daily blog on the ATP's Web site.

After topping off his Thursday-night meal with ice cream, Nadal rushed back to the hotel for an eagerly anticipated match on Playstation.

"We ate pretty fast and went back quickly at 11 p.m. because we had another meeting," Nadal said. "You'll already know what I'm talking about ... A Playstation match. The legendary Ferru (David Ferrer) and myself against our tough opponents Moyini (Carlos Moya) and David Nalbandian."

@wright
06-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Fat Dave likes to play video games...No big surprise there. I'm sure they had to stop and get some Doritos and Slim Jims for Dave though.

forzainter
06-01-2007, 02:08 PM
i wonder what game they're playing

forzainter
06-01-2007, 02:22 PM
i just read it all on the atp site, he plays fifa it seems, him and ferrer vs nalbandian and moya.

nikdom
06-01-2007, 02:27 PM
I wish I could eat bread and chocolate and ice-cream so I can be as toned as him :D

Richie Rich
06-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Fat Dave likes to play video games...No big surprise there. I'm sure they had to stop and get some Doritos and Slim Jims for Dave though.

bet he only has 2 racquets when he travels - the rest of the space in his bag is for what you mention above

mJeez4293
06-01-2007, 06:24 PM
i woulda thought nadal and moya vs

ShooterMcMarco
06-01-2007, 06:50 PM
I wish I could eat bread and chocolate and ice-cream so I can be as toned as him :D

That dude can eat anything and it will go straight to his left bicep.

Nadal_Freak
06-01-2007, 09:39 PM
And I thought Nadal was a healthy eater. I guess you can have low body fat despite your eating habits.

lawrence
06-02-2007, 03:14 AM
depends on metabolism
i find it pretty funny they play fifa together. wouldve been funnier if they were playing virtua tennis 3 against eachother, using eachothers characters haha

35ft6
06-02-2007, 03:33 AM
And I thought Nadal was a healthy eater. I guess you can have low body fat despite your eating habits. If he's exercising that much, has that much muscle mass, and only eats two meals, no matter how rich, it's not that surprising he's still ripped to shreds.

A.Davidson
06-02-2007, 03:40 AM
What!? No Madden!? I guess the Americans can't really influence Rafa enough to get him to play, since everybody decided winning is dumb.

forzainter
06-02-2007, 05:05 AM
What!? No Madden!? I guess the Americans can't really influence Rafa enough to get him to play, since everybody decided winning is dumb.

you cant be suprised, football is the biggest sport in the world and especially in argentina and spain

herosol
06-02-2007, 10:39 AM
depends on metabolism
i find it pretty funny they play fifa together. wouldve been funnier if they were playing virtua tennis 3 against eachother, using eachothers characters haha

thatd be hilarious.

nadal: "LOL nalbandian you suckkkkkk" *misses a groundstroke*
nalbandian: :[

dude. they dont sleep very early? wth?
and i wouldnt be so surprised at how ritualistic he is.
i mean the guy has to drink his water in some way
if i remember correctly

sits
puts towel on his lap
drinks plastic bottled water
drinks glass bottled water

wtf?

tintin
06-03-2007, 05:43 AM

Madden!:shock:
you have got to be kidding,right:roll:
american"football" doesn't come close to the real football in terms of popularity in the rest of the world,Tennis comes in second;Rugby and bball are all huge after football and tennis.I bet Nadal doesn't know wtf Madden is and doesn't give a rat's arse either:lol: :lol:

callitout
06-03-2007, 05:49 AM
And I thought Nadal was a healthy eater. I guess you can have low body fat despite your eating habits.

Pasta with shrimp and olives for dinner; so what if he puts Nutella on toast at breakfast. Im not sure a high fiber breakfast is essential for a 20 year old who burns tons of cals/day.

Forehand Forever
06-03-2007, 06:00 AM
I wonder if after Nadal scores in whatever he's playing, if he gets up and pumps his fist and yells "VAMMOOOOOS"

herosol
06-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I wonder if after Nadal scores in whatever he's playing, if he gets up and pumps his fist and yells "VAMMOOOOOS"

knowing him. yea.

topangasun
06-03-2007, 12:48 PM
more importantly, why is he not playing pro evo (or winning eleven as some of you may call it)?! it's much better than fifa