PDA

View Full Version : doubles

herosol
06-02-2007, 10:06 AM
does TTC or ESPN or NBC play any doubles matches?

i really want to see some nice doubles matches since the split-second volleys are always so exciting XD

alwaysatnet
06-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Doubles are the Rodney Dangerfield of tennis broadcasting: they don't get no respect. The Tennis Channel showed about thirty or forty seconds of the Bryant Brothers, from bygone years. Talk about throwing a bone to the viewers!
Instead of the freak show put on by Marion Bartoli or watching Serena Williams pummeling some 95 lbs. bug faced Venezuelan five or six times per day, you would think they could shoehorn in some doubles somewhere,somehow.
But I guess that's too much to expect.

Cruzer
06-02-2007, 11:12 AM
If you have the TTC Mix feature where you can select from one of up to six matches there was a mens doubles and womens doubles match today. I suspect that there will be more doubles shown on TTC since the doubles are still in the early rounds.

Tennis_Nickmo
06-02-2007, 11:14 AM
I agree, mens doubles is much more exciting than any form of womens tennis, yet seems to receive no attention. I'd much rather watch the Bryans play Murray/Butorac, or some other combo, than watch S Williams and V Williams scream their way to victory.

dubsplayer
06-02-2007, 11:30 AM
I watched dubs on TTC's online stream yesterday.

Topaz
06-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Well, Murray and Butorac lost in the first round...so we won't be seeing them. :(