PDA

View Full Version : Is Nadal far better than Federer?

sureshs
06-02-2007, 12:12 PM
I have been watching both of them play at RG. I find nothing great about Federer's game other than his serve and his topspin forehand. His backhand is not attacking most of the time, and lands short. His movement is often late and he cannot get to a winner-type shot from his opponent. After couple of bad points, he relies on his serve for a quick point. He routinely makes mistakes in returning the serve.

On the other hand, Nadal plays each point well. He moves superbly, and can get to a ball which would have been a winner against anyone else. His inside out forehand is vicious, and his backhand crosscourt and passing shots are real weapons. His serve is also much improved. He simply does not make mistakes.

I am sorry to say, but if it is a case of "may the better man win", it really seems to be Nadal.

ACE of Hearts
06-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Oh plz.Fed has had more oppoturnities to break then Nadal, i believe.His movement is different then Nadal.Fed doesnt like to win 3 set matches in 2 hours and 30 minutes.

kingdaddy41788
06-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Well, Federer is still number one while Nadal remains at number two. It really doesn't matter who you think is better, because Fed still owns the rankings by couple thousand points. Stupid post? I think so.

Morrissey
06-02-2007, 12:40 PM
I have been watching both of them play at RG. I find nothing great about Federer's game other than his serve and his topspin forehand. His backhand is not attacking most of the time, and lands short. His movement is often late and he cannot get to a winner-type shot from his opponent. After couple of bad points, he relies on his serve for a quick point. He routinely makes mistakes in returning the serve.

On the other hand, Nadal plays each point well. He moves superbly, and can get to a ball which would have been a winner against anyone else. His inside out forehand is vicious, and his backhand crosscourt and passing shots are real weapons. His serve is also much improved. He simply does not make mistakes.

I am sorry to say, but if it is a case of "may the better man win", it really seems to be Nadal.

I don't know why you say this unless you like having 100 angry Fed fanboys rip you for that statement. Even though you have a point. :-) Just joking. ;-)

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
06-02-2007, 12:40 PM
hey morissey, PM me, i gotta ask u something buddy.

Kim
06-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Fed Is Lightyears Better Than Nadal You Abnormal Moronic Troll.

Morrissey
06-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Fed Is Lightyears Better Than Nadal You Abnormal Moronic Troll.

Talk about the Pot calling the kettle black. :roll:

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-02-2007, 12:48 PM
OH MY!!!

Apples and Oranges anyone??

Kim
06-02-2007, 12:48 PM
The topic is flamebait....Well I was baited because I hate trolls.

dubsplayer
06-02-2007, 12:49 PM
No. No.* No.* No.* No.*

*Because I can't post unless it's ten characters.

Fries-N-Gravy
what a stupid post. we get it. you hate federer. you don't think he deserves to be no1. for someone who can't move well, sucks at returning, and has no backhand, fed is doing quite well this week, and the past few years. its not like he's gotten to the final of RG before or anything.

both players are great to watch and likeable, its the immature fans of each side that are obnoxious and arrogant. i really hope fed beats nadal in the final just to see your reaction.

sureshs
Calendar-slam winner Don Budge said that a great player never misses a simple shot. Nadal is closer to that ideal.

Fries-N-Gravy
06-02-2007, 12:50 PM
and yet the error king, fed is the closest man to a calendar slam in a very long time.

safinlives
06-02-2007, 12:52 PM
wow this has NEVER been discussed before!! Stupid *** filler threads like this should just be filtered off the whole board....

Morrissey
06-02-2007, 12:54 PM
what a stupid post. we get it. you hate federer. you don't think he deserves to be no1. for someone who can't move well, sucks at returning, and has no backhand, fed is doing quite well this week, and the past few years. its not like he's gotten to the final of RG before or anything.

both players are great to watch and likeable, its the immature fans of each side that are obnoxious and arrogant. i really hope fed beats nadal in the final just to see your reaction.

But the reaction of the bad Fedfans will only anger you just as much. If you hate the reactions of bad fans then there's no satisfaction in seeing either of them win because the boards get outrageous afterwards. Or did you not see what happened after Hamburg on the boards?

ACE of Hearts
06-02-2007, 12:56 PM
You mentioned he relies on the serve, no ****.His serve has been good so far.When its on, he does well.When he places it well on the clay, he gets cheap points.

sureshs
06-02-2007, 01:02 PM
I think their head2head record clearly supports the notion that Rafa is much better than Roger.

BigServer1
06-02-2007, 01:02 PM
But the reaction of the bad Fedfans will only anger you just as much. If you hate the reactions of bad fans then there's no satisfaction in seeing either of them win because the boards get outrageous afterwards. Or did you not see what happened after Hamburg on the boards?

Give me a break, man. What happened after Hamburg was a result of the ***** talking that went on after Fed lost from IW-Rome. Every time Federer loses the hidden trolls come out of the woodwork and bash him to death. I hate all the trolls on both sides. It's stupid to put down a 21 year old kid with two majors, and it's equally as stupid to put down a guy with 10 majors. Rafa and Roger get along great, it shouldn't be too hard for the rest of us. I agree that after Hamburg it was bad, but guys like TS, Cowell, Rog is Boring, sureshs, Tennis and Music (i.e. the relentless Fed haters) deserved all they they got that day. Drop this poor pitiful me attitude and admit that both sides of fanatics are filled with loser trolls.

forzainter
06-02-2007, 01:03 PM
i dont understand this, federer and nadal get on fine with each other, and respect each other too, so why do the fans of them argue all the time? sorry, the post above was posted just seconds before mine

kingdaddy41788
06-02-2007, 01:03 PM
I think their head2head record clearly supports the notion that Rafa is much better than Roger.

I think you're an idiot. The ranking supports the notion that he isn't even close.

P.S. Rafa's the one still eating the bagel from their last match...

BigServer1
06-02-2007, 01:05 PM

I think their h2h record clearly shows that they have played more than 50% of their matches on clay, clearly showing the fact that Roger is #2 on clay, while Rafa is obviously not #2 on HC. I also think that 4-7 looks a lot better than 1-5, which was the h2h at this time last year. If you REALLY think that Nadal is a much better player on all surfaces, you are delusional.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-02-2007, 01:06 PM
This is not going to end....

Morrissey
06-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Give me a break, man. What happened after Hamburg was a result of the ***** talking that went on after Fed lost from IW-Rome. Every time Federer loses the hidden trolls come out of the woodwork and bash him to death. I hate all the trolls on both sides. It's stupid to put down a 21 year old kid with two majors, and it's equally as stupid to put down a guy with 10 majors. Rafa and Roger get along great, it shouldn't be too hard for the rest of us. I agree that after Hamburg it was bad, but guys like TS, Cowell, Rog is Boring, sureshs, Tennis and Music (i.e. the relentless Fed haters) deserved all they they got that day. Drop this poor pitiful me attitude and admit that both sides of fanatics are filled with loser trolls.

Both are filled, I always knew that. I even told Simon to shut his trap but that doesn't work. But if I had to count the trolls and haters from both sides I would say that Fed has more trolls and more Nadal haters. But whatever the numbers are for both sides two wrongs don't make a right. But what's so funny about peace, love and understanding? It's an unrealistic goal in here.

sureshs
06-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Some of you guys think that I am biased about this. I am just going by what I see at RG. I see Fed playing so-so and his opponents (insignificant ones so far) too nervous to come to the net. I see some of his shots - they are the same as shots which Nadal faced and hammered against his opponents. I picture Rafa getting that lame shot from Federer and think: there goes Fed's FO chances. I think Fed is getting away because of intimidation and because there is no one like Sampras who can come to the net and put pressure on his backhand. Nadal intimidates too, but he continues to play in a way that reinforces it. His shots have a brutal aspect to them which Fed's don't.

kingdaddy41788
06-02-2007, 01:16 PM
If that makes you feel better about Nadal's #2 ranking then good for you...

Chadwixx
06-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Starting to wonder if sureshs is the demograph nbc and espn are catering too :)

kingdaddy41788
06-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiice

Breakaz54z
06-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Starting to wonder if sureshs is the demograph nbc and espn are catering too :)

Yeah I finally started to understand what you guys mean by the crappy coverage on broadcast tv.. espn2 i still don't mind too much. Djoko's match should have been on and it wasn't! So I don't spoil.. it was well worth watching to say the least!

BigServer1
06-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Both are filled, I always knew that. I even told Simon to shut his trap but that doesn't work. But if I had to count the trolls and haters from both sides I would say that Fed has more trolls and more Nadal haters. But whatever the numbers are for both sides two wrongs don't make a right. But what's so funny about peace, love and understanding? It's an unrealistic goal in here.

I know that you have tried your best to silence some of the trolls on your end, Simon really put his foot in his mouth, and no surprise, he hasn't been around for a while. It's too bad that it's gotten to this point, because the intelligence level on the boards has gone way down lately. Here's hoping for a good RG final.

drakulie
06-02-2007, 01:28 PM
His backhand is not attacking most of the time, and lands short.

Well, in the Hamburg match his backhand was good enough to attack Nadal's forehand, and get short replies from rafa's forehand so he could then whip his own forehand down the line for clean winners.

He routinely makes mistakes in returning the serve.

Fed won 48% of first serve returns against Rafa. Nadal on the other hand won 23 % of first serve returns. Hmmmm. :roll:

He simply does not make mistakes.

Nadal had more unforced errors than Fed in their last meeting. Perhaps you mean he doesn't make a lot of mistakes when he gets bageled? It's hard to have unforced errors when you are watching winner after winner scream past you.

rwn
06-02-2007, 01:37 PM

I thought I had every troll covered on my ignore list. I apparently forgot you. That mistake is now corrected.

ZPTennis
06-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Just the other day my dad and I were discussing how deceptively fast Federer is on the court. And how he was getting to winner type shots and actually doing something with them which are the types of shots that I would not have a prayer of even getting my racquet on. Apparently, it really is deceiving to the common fan.

The few times i've been to the Erickson/Nasdaq, i couldn't believe how many idiotic comments I would here from the people around me in the stands who had no clue what they were talking about.

You really need to understand the game of tennis more before you think you can analyze a pro's game. Most of the tennis greats believe he is the greatest player of all time. But what do they know. I guess you must be right and they are all wrong. :rolleyes:

boojay
06-02-2007, 02:12 PM
I would like to make a contribution to this thread.

Do you guys also find the dry, broken, callused skin between your toes to be a problem when you move your feet underneath the covers at night? How do I fix this?

Polaris
06-02-2007, 02:19 PM

Sarcasm is good, but sometimes it gets you very close to troll territory, hitherto dominated by MasterTS, SoBad and Jim Willard. There is a possibility that:
(1) you are delusional about Federer and Nadal, or,
(2) you are looking to generate attention by posting something that you know to be patently ridiculous, or
(3) you understand very little about the game, in that 10 grand slams are hard to win, even if you consider this a clown era.

Option (2) is the kindest, and probably closest to the truth. But I no longer have the time or the inclination to argue against something so nonsensical. Thus, for my own peace of mind:

IgnoreList = [IgnoreList, sureshs];

Don't worry though. Plenty of posters will respond to you, try to argue rationally, or give you a taste of your own medicine. I can't be bothered.

sureshs
06-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Well, in the Hamburg match his backhand was good enough to attack Nadal's forehand, and get short replies from rafa's forehand so he could then whip his own forehand down the line for clean winners.

Fed won 48% of first serve returns against Rafa. Nadal on the other hand won 23 % of first serve returns. Hmmmm. :roll:

Nadal had more unforced errors than Fed in their last meeting. Perhaps you mean he doesn't make a lot of mistakes when he gets bageled? It's hard to have unforced errors when you are watching winner after winner scream past you.

Aren't you the same guy who abused Volkl on every possible thread and even had something abusive about it in your signature, and then was caught buying a Volkl which someone noticed in the references section?

Hamburg was a case of Rafa too tired from too many wins. Just heard Martina say the same thing on TTC today. She said he should have rested and never played Hamburg. Her assessment: Roger at his best is better than Rafa at his best on all surfaces, including clay, but Rafa finds it easier to reach his best on clay.

boojay
06-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Her assessment: Roger at his best is better than Rafa at his best on all surfaces, including clay, but Rafa finds it easier to reach his best on clay.

Actually, a pretty enlightening post. However, that doesn't solve my toe problem. Isn't that what this thread is about?