PDA

View Full Version : Dear Rafa:

Sean Dugan
06-02-2007, 11:12 AM
First off, love your game, your attitude, your work ethic and your graciousness. Your parents raised you the right way and you are making the absolute most of your God-given talent. For someone under 21 years of age, you display remarkable maturity. And barring injury, you may well become the GOAT on red clay.

However, the capri pants have got to go. You just look plain silly wearing those. Maybe Nike is paying you a huge premium to wear them but even so, it just isn't worth it. Ten years from now, you'll be looking at the photos from your RG championships and you're going to say to yourself, "What the hell was I thinking?" The capri pants remind me of the David Allan Greer/Damon Wayans flamer skits on In Living Color. A little too greek if you catch my drift.

Also, you might want to lose the butt crack picking before every point. Not sure of the cause of that habit and really don't want to know but we'd all appreciate it if you could refrain from further crack adjustments whilst on worldwide television. Even worse than Agassi's frequent on court snot rockets. And that is saying something. Tennis is suppose to be a gentleman's game after all. Enough said.

Again, love your game and good luck at RG. I always root for you unless you're playing Federer.

Best,
Sean

Morrissey
06-02-2007, 11:48 AM
First off, love your game, your attitude, your work ethic and your graciousness. Your parents raised you the right way and you are making the absolute most of your God-given talent. For someone under 21 years of age, you display remarkable maturity. And barring injury, you may well become the GOAT on red clay.

However, the capri pants have got to go. You just look plain silly wearing those. Maybe Nike is paying you a huge premium to wear them but even so, it just isn't worth it. Ten years from now, you'll be looking at the photos from your RG championships and you're going to say to yourself, "What the hell was I thinking?" The capri pants remind me of the David Allan Greer/Damon Wayans flamer skits on In Living Color. A little too greek if you catch my drift.

Also, you might want to lose the butt crack picking before every point. Not sure of the cause of that habit and really don't want to know but we'd all appreciate it if you could refrain from further crack adjustments whilst on worldwide television. Even worse than Agassi's frequent on court snot rockets. And that is saying something. Tennis is suppose to be a gentleman's game after all. Enough said.

Again, love your game and good luck at RG. I always root for you unless you're playing Federer.

Best,
Sean

I think they're fine. But that's only MY opinion.

kingdaddy41788
06-02-2007, 11:53 AM
the pants or the @$$-picking?

Tu Madre
06-02-2007, 11:54 AM
I love the pants; they're sexy. ;)

kingdaddy41788
06-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Is it sexy when he pulls them out of his crack after every point?

Morrissey
06-02-2007, 11:56 AM
BTW, this thread should be moved to "Shoes & Apparel" section.

Morrissey
06-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Is it sexy when he pulls them out of his crack after every point?

I dunno, did people ever complain about Agassi's snot rocket everytime he walked back to the baseline?

kingdaddy41788
06-02-2007, 11:58 AM
BTW, this thread should be moved to "Shoes & Apparel" section.

Last time I checked, Rafa wasn't a pair of shoes or a shirt...

I dunno, did people ever complain about Agassi's snot rocket everytime he walked back to the baseline?

I'm betting nobody thought it was sexy... And it also stopped at some point.

Morrissey
06-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Last time I checked, Rafa wasn't a pair of shoes or a shirt...

I'm betting nobody thought it was sexy... And it also stopped at some point.

We're talking about clothes so it would be in the apparel section smart ***.

kingdaddy41788
06-02-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm pretty sure we're talking about Rafa, not clothes. His pants were mentioned, but so were his habits. But nice try.

Morrissey
06-02-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm pretty sure we're talking about Rafa, not clothes. His pants were mentioned, but so were his habits. But nice try.

It's not a nice try it's what it is. A rant about clothing. And those should go to the shoes and apparel section. Duh.

kingdaddy41788
06-02-2007, 12:06 PM
It's not a nice try it's what it is. A rant about clothing. And those should go to the shoes and apparel section. Duh.

It's more about Rafa's game (1 paragraph) and his @ss-picking (1 paragraph) than it is about his silly pants (1 paragraph). Oops, it does fit under the General Pro Player Discussion section. How embarrassing for you...

Morrissey
06-02-2007, 12:08 PM
It's more about Rafa's game (1 paragraph) and his @ss-picking (1 paragraph) than it is about his silly pants (1 paragraph). Oops, it does fit under the General Pro Player Discussion section. How embarrassing for you...

Uh, ok? The post is about his pants dude. Lay off the ether.

kingdaddy41788
06-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Uh, ok? The post is about his pants dude. Lay off the ether.

There's a section about his pants. But that's not the entire post. If anyone is delusional about the content of the post, it's you.

Morrissey
06-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Why the hell are you in here anyway? You don't even like Nadal. Worry about your guy.

power_play21
06-02-2007, 12:11 PM

kingdaddy is right. its a letter to nadal, not his clothes lol.

kingdaddy41788
06-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Why the hell are you in here anyway? You don't even like Nadal. Worry about your guy.

I don't like his @$$-picking or his pants, but I like his heart and his work ethic. But he's still clearly #2 to Federer.

Haha OWNED.

Morrissey
06-02-2007, 12:12 PM
There's a section about his pants. But that's not the entire post. If anyone is delusional about the content of the post, it's you.

He mentioned that he liked his game and complimented him before the rant about his pants. You should take your anal retentiveness somewhere else. They have a forum just for that alone. ;-)

Peter H.Gilmore
06-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Jeez, I can't believe people are bickering here about this. Just to point it out, the gist of the post is about his pants and habits. So you could put in the other area like Morrissey said but it's marginally enough to keep it here. It good either way. I say both Kingdaddy and Morrissey are right. So guys keep your ego's in check.

Morrissey
06-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Jeez, I can't believe people are bickering here about this. Just to point it out, the gist of the post is about his pants and habits. So you could put in the other area like Morrissey said but it's marginally enough to keep it here. It good either way. I say both Kingdaddy and Morrissey are right. So guys keep your ego's in check.

Hmm, ok. I would have liked it better if you just kept his name out of the post.

kingdaddy41788
06-02-2007, 12:19 PM
He mentioned that he liked his game and complimented him before the rant about his pants. You should take your anal retentiveness somewhere else. They have a forum just for that alone. ;-)

If one of us is being anal retentive, it's you for saying the thread should be moved, no?

Hmm, ok. I would have liked it better if you just kept his name out of the post.

Whose name?

Morrissey
06-02-2007, 12:21 PM
You could be anal retentive for saying that it's not. OK, I'm just messing with you. hehe.

kingdaddy41788
06-02-2007, 12:22 PM
haha go check that rafa's green shirt thread...

Noveson
06-02-2007, 12:23 PM

That is a lame reply if I have ever heard one.

Maybe Nadal actually likes his pants? Maybe it isn't just Nike forcing him, ever thought of that?

Morrissey
06-02-2007, 12:25 PM
That is a lame reply if I have ever heard one.

Maybe Nadal actually likes his pants? Maybe it isn't just Nike forcing him, ever thought of that?

I like his pants too. I even have a pair. Everyone has their own thing, It's better than wearing those ball hugger shorts that Courier wore for the better part of his career. Today shorts are getting baggier and longer, look at the basketball shorts, they are only a couple of inches above Nadal's pants. And some of the guys pull the shorts down further in which you see the stinking underwear brand they wear. Ugh.

drakulie
06-02-2007, 12:33 PM

Hahaha. One of the TWSF crew to the rescue!

David L
06-02-2007, 12:35 PM

Best,
SeanOk, this was funny.

Yeah, many regret how they looked in their youth. I think for Nadal and Serena, the cringe factor will probably be more than usual when they look back after their careers. Having said this, Agassi's past rock and roll look still looks pretty cool, but I'm not sure posterity will be so kind to the other two. Nadal's pirate outfit looks properly daffy. Serena might get away with it because everyone knows she's into fashion and likes to wear crazy outfits, but Nadal I don't know.

Sean Dugan
06-02-2007, 01:05 PM
I saw a rebroadcast of the RG final 1991 recently...Courier v Agassi. AA was wearing fuscia colored compression shorts beneath his faded denim cutoffs. I think he was wearing a matching fuscia colored bandana, too. Pretty spiffy. ;o)

Long baggy shorts, Si. Capri pants, Nyet. Probably very popular on Key West though. ;o) The super tight short shorts of the 70's and 80's look very dorky now. People only wore them because they didn't have a choice.

Payne Stewart could pull off the silly plaid knickers thing because it was all done kind of tongue in cheek.....but capri pants on a guy is a bit much, IMHO. Very Bird Cage. ;o)

OMG! Dave mentioned Serena.....someone should stop her before she designs another outfit. Remember those zip off warm up boots. She looked like she should have been working the corner outside the Stadium. Very Lady Marmalade. ;o) Remember the damn beads? Remember the lets caused by falling beads.

And unfortunately, the AA snot rockets never ended.....until his retirement. Somehow I think he probably still does blows a few rockets outside by the pool when Steffi isn't looking. ;o) He also has that weird pulling up the back of his shirt thing before he returned serve. Although I noticed he wasn't doing that in 1991. Probably was too distracted by his fuscia compression shorts and making sure his hair weave was in place. ;o)

Fed doesn't seem to have any strange idiosyncracies. Occasionally he might swear in German if he is playing badly but even that is rare.

Anywho, I hope Rafa loses the pre-point butt adjustment and the capri pants before too long. Seems like a really great kid.

I'd like to see Bud Palmer ask Nadal after he wins RG...."Say Rafa, Can you tell our viewers why you adjust your butt crack before each point?" Now that would be funny! ;o)