PDA

View Full Version : Stringing by the Season

Marc C.
09-27-2004, 03:36 AM
All summer, I played just about every day and used a hybrid of gosen polyon and live wire in the crosses. This was a great combination and would break right before the polyon would go "dead". Now, I am playing about 1-2 days per week and I am really noticing how badly this hybrid plays after being played with once or twice and then sitting for 5 days. I don't enjoy restringing (especially polyester) each week. I was looking at prince problend and ashaway crossfire as a possibility this winter. My question is: do kevlar hybrids go "dead" in the way that polyester does so I could let the frame sit for a week and not worry about how it will play? Also, any other recommendations? Thanks.

Jerry Seinfeld
09-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Kevlar starts out dead so it can't die like the polys. I suspect you use a hybrid for durability reasons...correct? If so you might try a 15L string to see how it works. Have also been reading feedback on the Ashway Monogut. Perhaps it may have more longevity than the Polyon.

Marc C.
09-27-2004, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I use the hybrid for durability, but I wouldn't want to use a 15g because I am so used to playing with 17g and up.

Steve Huff
09-27-2004, 02:18 PM
Jerry, you took the words right out of my mouth. Kevlar is already dead.

christo
09-28-2004, 10:40 AM
Could be a change in temp/ humidity. Try a different tension.

Loud
09-28-2004, 09:06 PM
But over time, kevlar may hurt the joints a little more.