PDA

View Full Version : Ljubicic out of the top 10

rrhstennis
06-02-2007, 06:42 PM
I hadn't heard anybody mention it but if I did my calculations correctly it looks like Lube is out of the top 10 in the rankings... he had the semifinal at the FO to defend and lost in the R32.

I'm not really surprised because I don't think his game suits clay much at all and I was very surprised he made it to the SF last year.

What I was thinking about was the fact that he was a 'late bloomer' as he said anyway. He's getting older... Anybody think he'll be back or was this his 15 minutes of fame and now he'll slowly sink over a long period as a dangerous floater with a big serve?

dubsplayer
06-02-2007, 06:42 PM
About time.

tennishead93
06-02-2007, 06:54 PM
no offense, egghead is an annoying loser

rrhstennis
06-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Hey none taken lol :)

I thought it was interesting he made it to #3 anyway... almost an Andy Roddick type feeling. (Big serve, not too special elsewhere.)

I really think that even if he never comes back to the top he's going to be a guy people don't want to meet on when he's on for a couple more years.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
06-03-2007, 12:32 AM
egghead? lol

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
06-03-2007, 12:34 AM
what about moya? hes doing better than last eyar in pair,s and what about blake, didnt he have r64 points to defend? and murray?

Morrissey
06-03-2007, 01:24 AM
no offense, egghead is an annoying loser

I bet everyone in the locker room is happy about that. Inside joke.

icazares
06-03-2007, 02:18 AM
Don't like his game... Liked his character a lot, one of the most educated and integral players in the tour.

War, Safin!
06-03-2007, 04:50 AM
The guy is a scrub.

federerfanatic
06-03-2007, 05:07 AM
I am glad he is out of the top 10. I want to see the top 10 after Fed and Nadal be made up of either talented up and comers-Gasquet, Berdych, Baghdatis, Djokovic, Murray; or middle aged players with unfulfilled potential-Haas, Youzhny, Gonzalez; or resurgent past great players-Roddick, Hewitt, Safin, Nalbandian. I am sick of seeing so many Davydenko, Robredo, Ljubicic, Blake types in the top 10 over the last year. 1 or 2 is ok but that many is too much. Ljubicic getting as high as #3 is a joke, and gives people reason to mock the current mens field. Hopefully it never happens again, and hopefully he never even returns to the top 10.

J-man
06-03-2007, 06:35 AM
Oh well there is always the summer hardcourts and the Indoor season.

Baghdatis72
06-03-2007, 06:39 AM
Ljubicic is 28 years old now and it seems that he won't be getting any better after this age and with all the talents starting to shine he'll be staying in the 10-15 ranking for a long time before withering.

War, Safin!
06-03-2007, 07:21 AM
I am glad he is out of the top 10. I want to see the top 10 after Fed and Nadal be made up of either talented up and comers-Gasquet, Berdych, Baghdatis, Djokovic, Murray; or middle aged players with unfulfilled potential-Haas, Youzhny, Gonzalez; or resurgent past great players-Roddick, Hewitt, Safin, Nalbandian. I am sick of seeing so many Davydenko, Robredo, Ljubicic, Blake types in the top 10 over the last year. 1 or 2 is ok but that many is too much. Ljubicic getting as high as #3 is a joke, and gives people reason to mock the current mens field. Hopefully it never happens again, and hopefully he never even returns to the top 10.
100% correct.

tangerine
06-03-2007, 03:24 PM
About time.
LOL.

Now if we could just get Davydenko out of there then top ten will actually look like a real top ten again. ;)

Andres
06-03-2007, 03:39 PM
He can gain some points at the USO, and the indoor MS.
I want him back to the TOP10! He deserves his spot there.

ACE of Hearts
06-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Canas will soon break the top 10 and people will want him tested 24/7,LMAO

Baghdatis72
06-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Canas will soon break the top 10 and people will want him tested 24/7,LMAO

That's about to happen very soon and he'll be negative of course :lol:

FedererUberAlles
06-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Why so much Ljubicic hate? Probably one of the smartest players on the tour. He's pretty damned good too, he's just not very flashy.

J-man
06-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Well you answered your own question. Not only that but Ivan says overly stupid thngs in press conferences about opponents. But I don't hate him. But I find him very boring to watch.

Moose Malloy
06-03-2007, 07:43 PM
I am sick of seeing so many Davydenko, Robredo, Ljubicic, Blake types in the top 10 over the last year.

Now if we could just get Davydenko out of there then top ten will actually look like a real top ten again.

I think Davydenko is much better than those other guys, he is always in the mix at the majors, while the others seem to lose 1st or 2nd round at every other major.

Davydenko has reached at least the QF at 5 of the last 6 majors, that's pretty impressive consistency(& I don't think its very common. Not sure outside of Federer if anyone's done that over the last 3-5 years, maybe Hewitt or Roddick?)

I know Davydenko plays a boring game & isn't exactly photogenic or Mr Personality, but I think he gets far too much criticism here, he is a legit top 10/5 guy, I expect him to make the masters cup for the 3rd straight year.

Phil
06-03-2007, 07:59 PM
He can gain some points at the USO, and the indoor MS.
I want him back to the TOP10! He deserves his spot there.

In any other era, this guy would be lucky to be in the Top 20. Sure he deserves Top 10 NOW relative to the other fairly average players outside of the top 2...But, probably the worst #3 player I can remember seeing. What the heck has he WON? Is his middle name "Choke-evic"?

Morrissey
06-03-2007, 09:58 PM
In any other era, this guy would be lucky to be in the Top 20. Sure he deserves Top 10 NOW relative to the other fairly average players outside of the top 2...But, probably the worst #3 player I can remember seeing. What the heck has he WON? Is his middle name "Choke-evic"?

I would have to say yes to most of that but that backhand and serve would be enough to get in the lower part of the top 10 even 10 years ago. Perhaps somewhere around 9 or 8 tops. But I laughed at someone´s statement calling Egghead tennís´s answer to Ambien.