PDA

View Full Version : Fila Prossimo reviews

goober
06-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Anybody surprised by the very high ratings (actually I think tied for the highest overall rating) of the Prossimo on the TW review? Tennis magazine reviewed this shoe in their April edition and it rated the lowest of all 8 shoes they tested by a far margin.

Richie Rich
06-03-2007, 03:04 AM
only thing that raised my eyebrow was the comfort ratings. a show that low to the ground doesn't usually translate into having good cushioning.

Duzza
06-03-2007, 03:55 AM
I'd believe TW more than Tennis Magazine. Seriously, do they know anything about tennis? "Rating suggestions : 3.0-Pro" or something along those lines...

goober
06-03-2007, 08:19 AM
I'd believe TW more than Tennis Magazine. Seriously, do they know anything about tennis? "Rating suggestions : 3.0-Pro" or something along those lines...

Normally I would agree with you, but Tennis mag did something different this time. They had their own wear testers- Podiatrist and WTA shoe consultant who graded the shoes numerically on, stability, cushioning, arch support, ventilation, break in time and overall satisfaction. Then they averaged score that with a group of scores from a dozen club players which ranged from former touring pros to weekend hackers. This actually seems fairly reasonable method and something I had not seen them do before. The Prossimo had the lowest overall numerical score by a big margin. I guess I will just wait until there are more user reviews before deciding on this one :D

cello
07-16-2007, 07:26 AM
So has anyone tried these? My order should be coming in shortly.

cello
07-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Well, these shoes certainly don't seem very comfortable when you first put them on, however if you wear them for a bit, they feel fine. I wouldn't recommend them if you have narrow feet though.

cello
07-17-2007, 05:30 PM
I meant wide feet, but for some reason I can't edit my posts. :confused:

Michelangelo
07-20-2007, 07:04 AM
I meant wide feet, but for some reason I can't edit my posts. :confused:
You hafta use full-version reply (i.e., NOT the Quick Reply at the bottom of the page) in order to have edit feature available.