PDA

View Full Version : Gasquet's form

ulysses75
06-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Gausguet swing form is a little not-smooth?

Gasquet is certainly a top-level player who has great groudies (especially on backhand side), decent net sense, and good serving (not as good as others)
I always 'WoW' when I see his incredible backhand angle shot. I like him and his game.

But, on my eyes, his swing seems a little straight, kind of not smooth.
I mean, his serve, groundies are not in as beautiful shape as someone's
like Federer's, Haas's, Blake's (I mention only one-handed-back handers' for comparison)

I know that he swings with kinetic chain on so high level which I cannot imagine. But, from the view point of art, he is not in my 'wanna-resemble' list.

It is different from Nadal who frequently use vertial swing (reverse forhand).
It's like he has his own style shot.
But, when it comes about Gasguet, the style seems standard but a little wierd.

Do you guys have some comments on that?

Vlad
06-03-2007, 12:34 AM
his forehand does look weird.. partly because of racquet takeback which is different from other players and second that doesn't really step into the court when he hits his fh. He kinda falls back often and hits it in the air. Looks not right.. His backhand form is close to perfect with tremendous racquet head acceleration. His serve motion is compact and I believe was at least partly re-modeled in 2004 from Roddick motion, except that he is not as tall and his arm isn't as live as Roddick, so it is slower in terms of pace.