PDA

View Full Version : Does sharapova have ANY likeability>

saqdeez
06-03-2007, 09:45 AM
She seems like a total bich. She pumps her fist when her opponent hits it into the net and always acts serious and ****ed off. get over yourself princess. Why dont you go out and buy a personality. Not even going to get into the obnoxious grunting.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Not that I am a fan on Sharapova but she isn't the only player male or female that does that. Its just that her matches are annoying to watch.

saqdeez
06-03-2007, 09:49 AM
She has the worst grunting of anyone. its not a grunt, it is an obnoxious scream.

As for pumping her first, she does it everytime her opponent hits an UNFORCED error. Most people do that if they won a tough point or hit a winner. She would pump her first at a double fault. Her daddy obviously let her boss him around all these years.

nautika721
06-03-2007, 09:52 AM
I usually find myself rooting against her (much like this FO crowd). I really wish shrieking/screaming/grunting, whatever, was prohibited and warnings could be issued. It's distracting enough to me as a viewer, and I couldn't imagine actually playing against someone that annoying.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-03-2007, 09:52 AM
She has the worst grunting of anyone. its not a grunt, it is an obnoxious scream.

As for pumping her first, she does it everytime her opponent hits an UNFORCED error. Most people do that if they won a tough point or hit a winner. She would pump her first at a double fault. Her daddy obviously let her boss him around all these years.

lol, who could blame him for letting her boss him around, she is clearly the golden goose. But I think some of that comes from him too, sometimes he seems really upbeat but looking at this match he is very calm for his standards.

Maybe because he knows she doesn't have much chance in the tournament if she even wins this match.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Wow!!

The crowd is giving it to her..lol but good win for her. Now its up to the next opponent.

Don't look now, Serena is next , another muted match.

Morrissey
06-03-2007, 09:54 AM

The scream is similar to that of the Williamses when points get close. The one thing that is likeable is her fighting ability, she digs down deep for some of those points. But her head has gotten really big since her first slam win. A perfect example of success getting to one's head. But hey, a rich, tall, skinny, blonde girl that even plays good tennis, what did you expect?

ACE of Hearts
06-03-2007, 09:56 AM
She should be banned!!!!I despise her game and her ridiculous shrieks!

rommil
06-03-2007, 09:57 AM
As much as I wanted Patty to win that match, Sharapova did very well to turn that match around. The crowd started booing her but she did well silencing them by playing better.

todd03blown
06-03-2007, 09:59 AM
wow you people are ridicoulous...that is her game SO GET OVER IT. I am not even a big fan of hers but she is a good tennis player so respect her for her game. Never seen so many whiney *** people before; jeeze. I am sure you all are perfect when you play tennis......................right.

mentalcase
06-03-2007, 10:00 AM
She is so classless and Patty is an idiot for not closing the match earlier.

J-man
She seems like a total bich. She pumps her fist when her opponent hits it into the net and always acts serious and ****ed off. get over yourself princess. Why dont you go out and buy a personality. Not even going to get into the obnoxious grunting.Once you get over her looks. She's kind of a b*tch

jmsx521
If she pumps her fist at the face of her opponent -- that's not good. But if she does it without looking at the opponent... then I don't see anything wrong with that. It's a strive to win... just like Seles was doing so.

MasturB
06-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Nadal does that all the time.

I've seen Nadal fistpump on unforced errors plenty of times with the "Vamos" added in it.

I also see Nadal fistpump when his opponents hit a double fault.

saqdeez
06-03-2007, 10:03 AM
wow you people are ridicoulous...that is her game SO GET OVER IT. I am not even a big fan of hers but she is a good tennis player so respect her for her game. Never seen so many whiney *** people before; jeeze. I am sure you all are perfect when you play tennis......................right.

Ill tell you what I win and lose with grace, congratulate my opponents for nice shots. I bet you are a total headcase on the court if you dont mind her antics.

Lsmkenpo
06-03-2007, 10:03 AM
She is really getting out of hand, wish another player would put her in her place when she pulls her crap. Her antics have no place in the game, if a male player pulled all the crap she pulled i have no doubt there would eventually be a fist fight on the court.
A little gamesmanship is ok, but enough is enough.

Rabbit
06-03-2007, 10:06 AM
I think Schyneder was a class act out there.

And the answer to the OP is a resounding NO, Sharapova and her runt of a father have no likeability whatsoever.

Kim
06-03-2007, 10:09 AM
What did she do?? I wasn't able to watch the match

Tennis_Maestro
06-03-2007, 10:11 AM
That ***** needs to learn, A) some manners B) how to carry herself on court and C) how the **** to win without faking an orgasim during rallies

Lsmkenpo
06-03-2007, 10:13 AM

I've seen Nadal fistpump on unforced errors plenty of times with the "Vamos" added in it.

Once or twice a match you might see Nadal do that, Sharapova does it nearly ever time, enough is enough

J-man
06-03-2007, 10:15 AM
I usually find myself rooting against her (much like this FO crowd). I really wish shrieking/screaming/grunting, whatever, was prohibited and warnings could be issued. It's distracting enough to me as a viewer, and I couldn't imagine actually playing against someone that annoying.Very true. I find myself rooting against her alot espcially in those tight matches.

mdjenders
06-03-2007, 10:20 AM
responding to the original question.... no

vicnan
06-03-2007, 10:22 AM
If Cheatapova is the future of women's tennis, I'd sooner stopping watching women's tennis. Shrieking is one thing. Cheating is yet another.

BluDiamond
06-03-2007, 10:23 AM
she's fit so who cares...but apparently she's a stuck up biatch in real life who is really arrogant...my friend's dad knows her dad cos he's a russian millionaire or something and he met her once and said she was really cocky.

Kim
06-03-2007, 10:24 AM
CHEATING?? What did she do???? Tell pls..

Lsmkenpo
06-03-2007, 10:29 AM
CHEATING?? What did she do???? Tell pls..

she was serving and someone yelled out during her toss, Schynder put here arm up ref didnt see it, she didnt try for a return, Sharapova got an ace, and acted like she didn't see her hand up.

War, Safin!
06-03-2007, 10:42 AM
You guys actually watch women's tennis as well?
http://www.fightbeat.com/forums/images/smilies/laugh2.gif http://www.fightbeat.com/forums/images/smilies/laugh2.gif

MJM2324
06-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Well, for the fist pumping, she is just trying to generate energy and support, since no one in the crowd is doing it for her. I think he always acting serious on the court is just how she psychs people out. Shows no emotion, doesn't let things get to her. As for the shrieking, I think Nadal and Serena are worse. Serena literally screams come on at your face. Outside of the court Sharapova has a lot of personality.

Oh, and as for the hand thing, he was saying that the shout shouldn't have affected her return, had sharapova missed the serve, I think they would have replayed the point. The shout came in the middle of her serve, so Maria wouldn't have been able to stop the point. So don't say she cheated.

mentalcase
06-03-2007, 10:51 AM
She lacks sportmanship and is a classless tool.

She is the same as the William sisters.

Morrissey
06-03-2007, 10:52 AM

I know you're a Nadal hater but he's not even as bad as you make it out to be. But if you wanna go there I've seen Fed yell out c'mon after an unforced error too.

Voltron
06-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Well, for the fist pumping, she is just trying to generate energy and support, since no one in the crowd is doing it for her. I think he always acting serious on the court is just how she psychs people out. Shows no emotion, doesn't let things get to her. As for the shrieking, I think Nadal and Serena are worse. Serena literally screams come on at your face. Outside of the court Sharapova has a lot of personality.

Oh, and as for the hand thing, he was saying that the shout shouldn't have affected her return, had sharapova missed the serve, I think they would have replayed the point. The shout came in the middle of her serve, so Maria wouldn't have been able to stop the point. So don't say she cheated.
Right, so you are a sharapova fan? If so, let's completely discount your opinion as wrong, if not, lets still completely discount your opinion. She IS mean, she DOESN'T have personality, I agree Serena and Rafa are bad, but so is Shriekpova.

Voltron
06-03-2007, 10:53 AM
I know you're a Nadal hater but he's not even as bad as you make it out to be. But if you wanna go there I've seen Fed yell out c'mon after an unforced error too.
I agree, Nadal isn't as bad in those areas, but he DOES PICK HIS *** on every point, personally, I was playing him, I would refuse to touch the balls.

MJM2324
06-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Right, so you are a sharapova fan? If so, let's completely discount your opinion as wrong, if not, lets still completely discount your opinion. She IS mean, she DOESN'T have personality, I agree Serena and Rafa are bad, but so is Shriekpova.

How is an opinion wrong? I am a fan of her, and sure to some the shrieking is annoying, but it doesn't make her a bad person. And how would you know all that if you have never met her?

MJM2324
06-03-2007, 10:56 AM
I agree, Nadal isn't as bad in those areas, but he DOES PICK HIS *** on every point, personally, I was playing him, I would refuse to touch the balls.

haha, and yes, the butt picking really isn't necessary..

War, Safin!
How is an opinion wrong? I am a fan of her, and sure to some the shrieking is annoying, but it doesn't make her a bad person. And how would you know all that if you have never met her?
Yep I've met her.
She CHEATS.

Fedace
she was serving and someone yelled out during her toss, Schynder put here arm up ref didnt see it, she didnt try for a return, Sharapova got an ace, and acted like she didn't see her hand up.

Are you kidding me ? with such a important match on the line, Maria never saw Patty's hands go up to begin with. and when Patty put her hand up, maria's racket was in mid swing and actually her racket was on its way up. there is no way maria could have seen that. plus the umpire even said patty called time too late.

MJM2324
06-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Yep I've met her.
She CHEATS.

sure thing buddy...

War, Safin!
06-03-2007, 11:04 AM
sure thing buddy...
Okay, I've not met her.
She doesn't actually cheat.....but she is using ultimate gamesmanship to compliment her obvious lack of talent and class.

MJM2324
06-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Okay, I've not met her.
She doesn't actually cheat.....but she is using ultimate gamesmanship to compliment her obvious lack of talent and class.

Sure, she, like Henin and Djokovic and all the current great players, use a little bit of trickery/disruption techniques, but you can't say she doesn't have talent. You're saying she didn't have talent winning that Wimbledon title? before she was (un)popular?

The Gorilla
06-03-2007, 11:09 AM
I thouhgt her changing her unbroken racquet on important points was disgraceful.

Voltron
06-03-2007, 11:14 AM
You are wrong, no one agrees with you.
I thouhgt her changing her unbroken racquet on important points was disgraceful.
See? Even The Gorilla is against you, now you know you're horrible. http://www.banglacommunity.com/images/satellite/smilies/devilgivefingers.gif

Virginia
06-17-2007, 10:30 PM
She's tall and strong and hits well at times, but she really is over rated and totally one dimensional.

I cannot for the life of me understand why the tennis authorities tolerate her screeching. It's important for a player to hear the ball struck and playing against her, that's just not possible.

Let's all email Wimbledon and ask (or demand) they put a ban on over the top grunts and screeches. Surely there are enough other top players around to make the event popular without having to pander to her every whim!

AlpineCadet
06-17-2007, 10:36 PM
She seems like a total bich. She pumps her fist when her opponent hits it into the net and always acts serious and ****ed off. get over yourself princess. Why dont you go out and buy a personality. Not even going to get into the obnoxious grunting.

I could imagine the same exact Sharapova getting NONE of this attention if she weren't ranked SO HIGH ABOVE THE REST. Would you guys still honestly talk about her if she were ranked 200+ and was practically behind the scenes? It's obvious that you guys are talking about ANOTHER issue here.

princess bossass
06-18-2007, 01:05 AM
You are wrong, no one agrees with you.

No, someone agrees--I agree. It's one thing to hate someone's game. To claim to know that a tennis player is a terrible person based on the limited views we have of her is silly. We don't know these people. We don't.

There are players I like and player I don't like. There are things I can't stand about certain players, but it rarely crosses to bridge from annoyance to rage. Sharpova haters take it all to a new level. It's silly. Just plain silly.

pound cat
06-18-2007, 03:07 AM
And to think that she was the darling of this messageboard a couple of years ago, and
I don't think she was any different then than she is now, ya know.

Dilettante
06-18-2007, 03:11 AM
Any likeability? Maybe not my favorite but I wouldn't kick her out of my bed.

baseliner87
06-18-2007, 03:15 AM
yeah i would give her a bang or two aswell

fednad
06-18-2007, 06:40 AM
Once you get over her looks. She's kind of a b*tch

I disagree .. She is not a kind of, she IS a bi%ch ! haha
I think she is a good template for, let's say, a blonde bit%ch.

kanjii
06-18-2007, 07:17 AM
She does great Canon commercials ;)

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
06-18-2007, 04:44 PM
I usually find myself rooting against her (much like this FO crowd). I really wish shrieking/screaming/grunting, whatever, was prohibited and warnings could be issued. It's distracting enough to me as a viewer, and I couldn't imagine actually playing against someone that annoying.

I think Sharapova fights hard, though she is not a favorite of mine and I avoid to watch her play. I thought the same thing watching her match against Patty at the French Open, often the shrieking was far enough after she'd hit the ball that it seemed to made it difficult for her opponent to time her shots, and especially difficult to know whether a linesperson had called a ball out or not. But to refer as to hating her, I don't know her personally, IMO no one who doesn't know her well should say such. One can dislike the shrieking, the fistpumps or whatever, but hating an individual based on that? Rather shaky.

pow
06-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Nope, she's stuck-up, selfish, unsportsmanlike, and just a total jackass in general.

Rodditha
06-19-2007, 02:18 PM
SHREKAPOVA IS A TOTAL B#TCH WHICH I CAN'T STAND;