PDA

View Full Version : A gag order should be in place!!!

ACE of Hearts
06-03-2007, 09:54 AM
I hate Sharapova!!:mad: Her shrieking has goned over the top.It gets louder with every point and its distracting in my mind to the other players.Not even Seles was louder then this ridiculous crap!!!!The WTA needs to shut her up!

saqdeez
06-03-2007, 10:04 AM
she needs to walk into oncoming traffic

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-03-2007, 10:06 AM

Thats a little harsh, she just need to tune it down a few decibels

Voltron
06-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Thats a little harsh, she just need to tune it down a few decibels
How about a good old fashion vocal chord scraping...;)

mdjenders
06-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Well getting hit by a bus would turn things down a few decibels. Nah, I would rather she just go up against Serena again and get her *** handed to her like at the aus. That was the tennis equivalent of getting hit by a bus.

J-man
06-03-2007, 10:14 AM
I hate Sharapova!!:mad: Her shrieking has goned over the top.It gets louder with every point and its distracting in my mind to the other players.Not even Seles was louder then this ridiculous crap!!!!The WTA needs to shut her up!I remeber reading some where that her shrieking (or grunting whatever you call it) was equal to a small airplane landing nearby. You know when you have a player who is like landing an airplane on every shot you need to shut her up!

saqdeez
06-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Well getting hit by a bus would turn things down a few decibels. Nah, I would rather she just go up against Serena again and get her *** handed to her like at the aus. That was the tennis equivalent of getting hit by a bus.

I will gladly take this alternative.

Ken B.
06-03-2007, 10:57 AM
There's such a difference between Sharapova and Serena's yelling and those of Safarova and Dementieva's grunts, that I can't believe the tour doesn't do something about it. It is getting to the point I won't watch Maria's or Serena's matches because it's just too absurd. And isn't that the big thing, the viewership?

Do something, WTA.

CanadianChic
06-03-2007, 10:59 AM
I remeber reading some where that her shrieking (or grunting whatever you call it) was equal to a small airplane landing nearby. You know when you have a player who is like landing an airplane on every shot you need to shut her up!

I read that as well - I have a fair amount of tolerance, but have to agree with you guys on this one - it is extreme to the point of discomfort. :-(

MJM2324
06-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Here's a solution for everyone who gets so friggin bothered by it:

Don't watch her matches. put the TV on mute, you do something about it other than *****ing about it online. It really doesn't bother me. No one's grunting bothers me. Look at Rafa, and Serena has gotten really bad lately, but the Seles grunt did really use to be annoying...

jumpalot
06-03-2007, 11:17 AM

that would be nice.

Voltron
06-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Here's a solution for everyone who gets so friggin bothered by it:

Don't watch her matches. put the TV on mute, you do something about it other than *****ing about it online. It really doesn't bother me. No one's grunting bothers me. Look at Rafa, and Serena has gotten really bad lately, but the Seles grunt did really use to be annoying...
Who are you to say what I can, and cannot complain about? Personally, I find everything about her annoying as hell, and I shall continue to complain, as is my right. ;)

forzainter
06-03-2007, 11:52 AM
someoen should hit a tennis ball into her mouth

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
06-03-2007, 11:53 AM
I enjoyed the match Schnyder vs. Sharapova, and though Patty had it on her racket, she let it go. I admired Sharapova's fighting spirit, but her shrieking, getting louder and louder, positively deafening on major points where Patty would have won or broken was totally distracting and unnecessary.

It's an old and oft talked topic, but I have absolutely been put off by the volume these players are allowed to emit. Sure there's grunting that goes on, louder breathing as the ball is struck, but the shrieking needs to be stopped. Yes, they are concentrating and deep into the match, but I really think measures need to be taken to curb this.

No problem during matches when a player may occasionally (operative word) call out/shriek at a mistake or high point, but virtually every single stroke of the ball. Totally unnecessary, distracting and just downright ugly.

Fee
06-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Keep a careful eye on Sharapova's grunting. I have seen an observation that it has nothing to do with the ball contacting the racquet. If this is true, it is a form of cheating, pure and simple. (I can't comment on it because I so rarely watch her matches).

Voltron
06-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Keep a careful eye on Sharapova's grunting. I have seen an observation that it has nothing to do with the ball contacting the racquet. If this is true, it is a form of cheating, pure and simple. (I can't comment on it because I so rarely watch her matches). I think I know what you mean, doesn't it seem like it happens a bit after contact?

Tennis_Monk
06-03-2007, 12:33 PM
And here's a solution for people who get bothered by the thread:

If you are bothered by people complaining about Sharapoa's grunting online then don't enter the topic. Simple as that. So you can stop your B*tching

Good Suggestion...

"Shout as hell"pova's actions in Today's match are terrible. Such a unsportive person.

J-man
06-03-2007, 12:34 PM
someoen should hit a tennis ball into her mouthOr a...... nevermind;)

CanadianChic
06-03-2007, 12:41 PM
And here's a solution for people who get bothered by the thread:

If you are bothered by people complaining about Sharapoa's grunting online then don't enter the topic. Simple as that. So you can stop your B*tching

You beat me to it. lol.

FedSampras
06-03-2007, 01:59 PM
ill take the loud noises of grunters anytime than the robotic silence of other players that would put the entire tennis community to sleep.

the best grunt for me will always be Monica Seles aheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:D

tangerine
06-03-2007, 02:31 PM
TW really is full of whiners and crybabies these days. http://forums.gamespace.net.au/images/smilies/crybaby.gif

BreakPoint
06-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I feel sorry for whomever marries Shreikapova, especially on their wedding night. ;)

Nadal_Freak
06-03-2007, 03:11 PM
I Dooooooo! lol

aznobct
06-03-2007, 04:10 PM
I think I know what you mean, doesn't it seem like it happens a bit after contact?

yea i've seen her hit swinging volleys and shriek almost a second afterwards.....its just ridiculous. and that along with her switching rackets thing she pulled against schnyder today. i swear....if she wasn't so hot, everyone would hate her

Mr. Blond
06-03-2007, 04:25 PM
I know it would be a hinderence to play someone that loud, especially as late as she decides to shriek. Navratalova has commented on it on many occasions as a way to disguise her shot. Who knows...its just annoying.

zapvor
06-03-2007, 04:44 PM
no man...a gag would be awesome. that would be hot. and maybe handcuffs too. and a leash. mmmm.....

J-man
06-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I feel sorry for whomever marries Shreikapova, especially on their wedding night. ;)I feel bad, then again it is Sharapova

ktownva
06-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Here is an old article about Sharapova's screaming. Enjoy :grin:

http://www.sportspickle.com/features/volume4/2005-0629-sharapova.html

:-D

lilxjohnyy
06-03-2007, 07:37 PM
ahahahahaha nice one ktownva

gugarafa
06-04-2007, 08:20 AM
the girl should learn to stop that racket,she is soo damn irritating and annoying-HATE HER period.

Serve 'em hard
06-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Keep a careful eye on Sharapova's grunting. I have seen an observation that it has nothing to do with the ball contacting the racquet. If this is true, it is a form of cheating, pure and simple. (I can't comment on it because I so rarely watch her matches).

Give me a break... Maybe you should join storm over in the conspiracy theory section....

yea i've seen her hit swinging volleys and shriek almost a second afterwards.....its just ridiculous. and that along with her switching rackets thing she pulled against schnyder today. i swear....if she wasn't so hot, everyone would hate her

I enjoy watching her not just because she's attractive, but because she's an intense take-no-prisoners fighter. Even if you uglied her up, she'd still be fun to watch.

J-man
06-04-2007, 05:38 PM
no man...a gag would be awesome. that would be hot. and maybe handcuffs too. and a leash. mmmm.....Hey man whatever floats your boat. I'm not really into the S&M ball gag stuff though:p .

BTW, Serve em'hard the grunting is actually a way to un settle your opponent and it is not all about hitting the ball and making contact. But I don't agree that her grunting is cheating but I think it is obviously very very annoying.

zapvor
06-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Hey man whatever floats your boat. I'm not really into the S&M ball gag stuff though:p .

i wonder if she is?

Serve 'em hard
06-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Hey man whatever floats your boat. I'm not really into the S&M ball gag stuff though:p .

BTW, Serve em'hard the grunting is actually a way to un settle your opponent and it is not all about hitting the ball and making contact. But I don't agree that her grunting is cheating but I think it is obviously very very annoying.

There's about two dozen players, male and female, that seem to grunt in some fashion. And frankly, I'd rather hear noises coming from hotties like Sharapova than those moans from Nadal... But I don't believe any of them do it to cheat or intimidate -- it's just one of many quirky habits that many players have.

People are just jealous of Sharapova's looks, talent, and success, and so single her out for all sorts of criticism.

princess bossass
06-04-2007, 07:39 PM
There's about two dozen players, male and female, that seem to grunt in some fashion. And frankly, I'd rather hear noises coming from hotties like Sharapova than those moans from Nadal... But I don't believe any of them do it to cheat or intimidate -- it's just one of many quirky habits that many players have.

People are just jealous of Sharapova's looks, talent, and success, and so single her out for all sorts of criticism.

A. Men. Can't count how many time I've heard "If Screamapova were ugly, everyone would hate her!" First of all, everyone already seems to hate her, so it's a moot point. Second, if she weren't beautiful and therefore weren't plastered all over billboards and magazines and making millions of dollars in endorsements, she wouldn't generate NEARLY so much ire. We all hate beautiful, successful, talented overnight sensations--because we're little jealous haters. We especially hate them when they're women, and moreso when they're tough, strong, fierce-as-hell women.

Regarding the Schnyder match, I can't believe switching out a racquet and going along with an ump's call has created such a stir--it's just that it's Sharpie, and everyone assumes that because the crowd booed her she must be in the wrong. Right or wrong, if you dig through the files thoroughly enough, you can find dirt on, or questionable moves by, just about everyone ever on the tour--'cept for maybe St. Clijsters. Even Saint Roger has had his moments. ;)

Serve 'em hard
06-04-2007, 08:29 PM
A. Men. Can't count how many time I've heard "If Screamapova were ugly, everyone would hate her!" First of all, everyone already seems to hate her, so it's a moot point. Second, if she weren't beautiful and therefore weren't plastered all over billboards and magazines and making millions of dollars in endorsements, she wouldn't generate NEARLY so much ire. We all hate beautiful, successful, talented overnight sensations--because we're little jealous haters. We especially hate them when they're women, and moreso when they're tough, strong, fierce-as-hell women.

Regarding the Schnyder match, I can't believe switching out a racquet and going along with an ump's call has created such a stir--it's just that it's Sharpie, and everyone assumes that because the crowd booed her she must be in the wrong. Right or wrong, if you dig through the files thoroughly enough, you can find dirt on, or questionable moves by, just about everyone ever on the tour--'cept for maybe St. Clijsters. Even Saint Roger has had his moments. ;)

Excellent post. And I personally had no problem with her switching rackets -- players do weird things all the time with towels and rackets and balls and everything else. Nor did I have any problem with how she did or didn't behave in a dispute between Schnyder and the ump. Patty was an idiot to raise her hand too late like and not the play the point, and the ump rightly slapped down her protests. That's somehow Sharapova's fault?

Now, I can understand why the aging and bitter female posters around here don't like her, but not why young men have a problem with her. Seems odd. Personally, I like the girl well enough myself, and defend her around her plenty since so many others like to dump on her, but frankly, I can't understand why anyone would care enough about a professional tennis player either way enough to actually hate them, or love them for that matter. They are paid entertainers providing entertainment, not actual and important parts of our own lives.

AlpineCadet
06-04-2007, 08:33 PM
I hate Sharapova!!:mad: Her shrieking has goned over the top.It gets louder with every point and its distracting in my mind to the other players.Not even Seles was louder then this ridiculous crap!!!!The WTA needs to shut her up!

She has been 'vocal' since FOREVER. Why all the hate for Sharapova?

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
How about a good old fashion vocal chord scraping...;)

That would work but I think she would get a little much louder and may sound like Chubaka. :confused:

drakulie
she sounds like a pig in heat. I dig that. :)

BreakPoint
06-04-2007, 08:43 PM
she sounds like a pig in heat.
Yup, just like Ned Beatty in the movie "Deliverance". ;) LOL

Serve 'em hard
06-04-2007, 08:49 PM
^
Good one!