PDA

View Full Version : So the womens match is over and

dima
06-03-2007, 11:07 AM
instead of showing a live mens match with 2 of the best in our game, they show a replay of Serena walking over Safina, GREEEEEEEAT!

mdjenders
06-03-2007, 11:10 AM
That's the NBC way. Get ready for some tape delayed mens semis and some more crappy coverage at wimby!

J-man
06-03-2007, 11:12 AM
I know what the hell us up with that?! TTC coverage is done until they start their French Open Tonight program. Davydenko and Nalbandian are playing LIVE tennis and NBC shows us this crap. TTC is going to show Serena tonight why show it now?! I know they want to show all the matches but sersiouly when there is live tennis show LIVE tennis. End of disscussion

mdjenders
06-03-2007, 11:23 AM
nbc needs to realize that the average fatso nascar couchpotato isnt going to turn on nbc to watch tennis, no matter who is playing. I would bet that most of the ratings come from the large number of tennis players in the country, most of whom just want to watch an entertaining, close match. all nbc is doing is offending the only audience they have.

Kobble
06-03-2007, 11:35 AM
What I don't understand is why a deal isn't worked out so TTC can stream matches even whe the cross over. Three sets are nearly played with Bandy and Davydenko, but coverage stops there. C'mon, finish what you start. If you aren't going to show something, don't block it out. I think this disputes what someone said earlier about NBC buying specific matches. They are likely buying time slots.

dubsplayer
06-03-2007, 12:59 PM
They pick specific matches which TTC (or ESPN when they had RG) cannot broadcast and in addition the contractual agreement requires the other network not to show any tennis while NBC is on the air.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
06-03-2007, 01:05 PM
I know it likely will make no difference whatsoever, because a major network like that will do exactly what they wish, but I do write NBC to protest such, especially involving sports coverage. Drop in the bucket, I'm sure, but it's one way to vent.

Fee
06-03-2007, 01:20 PM
NBC is doing exactly what they said they would do yesterday, show Federer, Serena, and Sharapova. Are you really surprised?

Safina
06-03-2007, 01:23 PM
absolutely NO EXCUSE for not showing the full FEDERER v YOUZHNY match.

wasted my afternoon waiting for it to come on...:mad:

J-man
06-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Screw Federer's match! How about Davydenko's match