PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Synthetic Gut String?

Benjamin
09-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Can anyone comment on either the Gamma Synthetic Gut 16g string or the Gamma WearGuard Synthetic Gut 16g string?

Can anybody compare the two?

What about any comments on Wilson Extreme 16?

Thanks for any input.

Benjamin

Jerry Seinfeld
09-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Benjamin,

The Wearguard is a basic synthetic gut string. I put bundles of it in racquets at a local club where I do some stringing. I have never hit with it, but I can tell you it feels slightly stiffer to install than PSG or Gosen OG Sheep Micro. Durability is average as evidenced by the number that return for restringing after being used 2 - 5 weeks.

Sorry, but I can not compare the two Gamma strings for you. Personally I am not a fan of the Gamma line of strings, nor Wilson for that matter. If you're gonna go with a basic synthetic gut Prince with duraflex is tough to beat in terms of playability vs. price...but I actually prefer Laserfibre synthetic gut because it is softer and the selection of colors is quite wide for my customers who prefer to play with colored string sets. Makes an awesome cross in hybrids.

tennisboy87
09-27-2004, 02:15 PM
I have Wilson Extreme Synthetic Gut 16g in my HPS 6.1s strung at 65 pounds right now, and they play very good. It is pretty durable for me, and I hit with a lot of spin. All in all, for its price and playablity, I think it is a very good string. I know I'm going to continue to use it.

LoveThisGame
09-27-2004, 06:30 PM
The two Gamma syn gut strings are good basic syn guts. I have a variety of basic syn guts that I offer because there are brand loyalties and colors which may affect what customers like/want. I can say that I now string more Gamma syn guts than others.