PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Lendl on the Tennis Channel

ktownva
06-04-2007, 05:55 AM
Anyone see Lendl's commentary on the Grand Slam? I really enjoyed seeing Ivan again after all these years! He did a good job with the news story, he's very qualified to comment on the game. I hope to see more of him behind the mic, and maybe even on the court. You go Ivan!

tylerchadwick
06-04-2007, 06:17 AM
I really enjoy hearing what the great have to say. I don't care who it is. Navratilova commenting is pretty good. Lendl's comments are great. Even Johnny Mac. The greatest players of all time are great to listen too because they have most elite perspective on the game. It's definitely cool. How about some Agassi. I love is perspective on things and the way is thought process is so miticulous.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-04-2007, 04:49 PM
I enjoyed it also,but it seemed like he was apparently reading from a cue card. But good job though..

35ft6
06-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Lendl is a rock star. Hope people suddenly decide to give him the love they held back long ago.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
06-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Ivan Lendl was always my favourite player. I would watch his matches then go out and play hours myself and try to emulate his style. In fact, I stayed with a one-handed backhand based on his moves, though was told to go to the two-handed style. I had not seen him in years however, until the commercials on the TV channel, and it took me a number of seconds to identify him through sight, though his voice was still the same. Was absolutely terrific! One sees certain former players all the time, or hear them, and it can get boring or one wonders why they were chosen when they are not very good in their broadcasting style (for networks esp.) but just for casual, he was great to see. Have hit the ivan@ address a couple of times so far.

krz
06-04-2007, 10:05 PM
damn I musta missed it. I hate seeing non-tennis player commentating.

I hate that old fat bald guy whats his name cliff drysdale? He seems like he know nothing about the sport.

dennis1188
06-05-2007, 03:04 AM
Mr. Cliff Drysdale, is a well respected former professional tennis player, as well as one of the founders and the first President of the ATP.

tylerchadwick
06-06-2007, 05:32 AM
Bud Collins is the guy your talking about krz.

dubsplayer
06-06-2007, 05:34 AM
damn I musta missed it. I hate seeing non-tennis player commentating.

I hate that old fat bald guy whats his name cliff drysdale? He seems like he know nothing about the sport.

He wasn't there live commentating. It was a taped 2 minute segment they showed.