PDA

View Full Version : Ice Queen: Shriekapova.

spadesss
06-04-2007, 07:20 AM
Ice cold.
Not even the hot summer can melt her cold heart and evil stares.
Winning is the only thing that matters.
Doesn't care or shown any affection for opponents, fans, media, or anyone/anything. (May she choke on a banana)

She powers: Shrieking & cold stares; powerful enough to cause sudden lost of earing and temporary blindness.
(Maybe the US can record her shrieking and play it in Iraq, lets see how long the bad guys can hold up. Imagine her voice echoing through out the valleys and mountains.
Cheap but very effective.)

I have left out the Williams and 1H as contenders.
1H doesn't shriek.
Williams appeared to be behaving, heck, even their dad toned down a bit.

Shriekapova is the reigning ICE QUEEN.
(May she break a leg or get throat infection.)

samster
06-04-2007, 04:57 PM
watching Sharapova play tennis on TV is quite painful---to one's eardrums.

samster
06-04-2007, 04:58 PM
annoying as hell...

SER
06-04-2007, 05:23 PM
I enjoy watching her "try" to run. It's funny.

lordmanji
06-04-2007, 06:13 PM
i immensely dislike her for:

1. shrieking and never ever shutting it.
2. turning her back to tatiana golovin and taking shadow swings for ten minutes while she was being treated for rolling over her ankle badly
3. her ugly "i have a reverse only" forehand
4. acting like stalin and trying to rewrite history by putting the documentary filmmakers of "Anna's Army" out of business because she was compared to Anna Kournikova in it (gasp!)
5. getting chubbier, saggier, and uglier by the day
6. being so stupid she needs to be told when to eat a banana

question: do people even buy into her schtick? or the products she promotes?

The Gorilla
06-04-2007, 06:16 PM
she is lankier than karlovic, when she runs she look like a ******** giraffe

knasty131
06-04-2007, 06:20 PM
what makes me not like her is how she says VAMOS! lol

zapvor
06-04-2007, 06:29 PM
um...ice queen is Chris Evert's title. Sharapova doesnt have the honor of having that title as well. whats wrong with you people

str33t
06-04-2007, 06:31 PM
she is lankier than karlovic, when she runs she look like a ******** giraffe

This made me laugh out loud. :D

lilxjohnyy
06-04-2007, 06:32 PM
im fine with her ... dont mind much

fednad
06-04-2007, 11:05 PM
I had problem in my ear after Sharapova and Paty's match and I visited a doc for a checkup. He asked me to ensure that my neighbour's kids don't shout right in my ear.
I feel like stuffing a banana down her throat so that she doesn't shreak

naffi
06-04-2007, 11:44 PM
What cracked me up during her match against Schnyder was how the commentator tried to imply she was losing points because she stopped screamed midway through. But must we try to explain miracles? Why not just embrace them?

******************.blogspot.com

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
06-04-2007, 11:48 PM
im gonna be honest, i only cheer for her cuz shes sexy.

uc3
06-05-2007, 03:48 AM
She's tall and she's beautiful. I want to have her babies.

austro
06-05-2007, 03:57 AM
I think she is ugly and getting more so each year. I don't know what you guys see in her. She 's got really plump arms, wide hips and a dull face... And these maternity dresses certainly don't flatter her.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-05-2007, 04:10 AM
Leave her alone!!!!!!!

Only problem is just watching her matches, well listening to them.

sapient007
06-05-2007, 04:11 AM

pssssssst.. you can't have her baby cause she's the woman

jelle v
06-05-2007, 04:22 AM
As a tennisplayer I totally dislike her.. Het attitude on court is just wrong, plus I think she plays really ugly tennis.

spadesss
06-05-2007, 04:22 AM
um...ice queen is Chris Evert's title. Sharapova doesnt have the honor of having that title as well. whats wrong with you people

sorry, i wasn't around when C. Evert was da one.
i guessed you can said that the torch has been passed down to this generation.

spadesss
06-05-2007, 04:26 AM

you might want to pic up a pallet worth of ear plugs or better yet, get some ear protections that the airports used if you want to have her babies.
babies scream is really bad, if you add in the shriek factor, you might get a sonic boom, cause earthquakes, mud slides, avalanches...ect.

Azzurri
06-05-2007, 05:37 AM
I think she is ugly and getting more so each year. I don't know what you guys see in her. She 's got really plump arms, wide hips and a dull face... And these maternity dresses certainly don't flatter her.

could not have said it any better. she is a beast.

gery
06-05-2007, 05:47 AM

Yeah, I enjoy watching "try" to play! I am really "sorry" for her. She sucks!

THUNDERVOLLEY
06-05-2007, 06:11 AM
i immensely dislike her for:

1. shrieking and never ever shutting it.

Her bad imitation of a 50's dinosaur film sound effect is annoying, but even that cannot touch the horror of watching her movement, which (like Roddick) is laughable.

4. acting like stalin and trying to rewrite history by putting the documentary filmmakers of "Anna's Army" out of business because she was compared to Anna Kournikova in it (gasp!)

I'm not sure about the specific comparison, but it was clear the tennis PTB (including on-air talent) deliberately sold both before adulthood to appeal to the pedophile culture amongst males--American males in particular.

5. getting chubbier, saggier, and uglier by the day

Bad genetics. Her type of body is not suited for a sport where constant movement--actual running--is part of the job. In her next life: toss horseshoes for a career.

6. being so stupid she needs to be told when to eat a banana

Her boyfr--er--father has complete control. I doubt she uses the restroom without his seal of approval.

question: do people even buy into her schtick? or the products she promotes?

Few serious tennis enthusiasts do. The tennis PTB desperately want to promote the blonde, white princess..now mixed with patently false "hottie" smoke and mirrors wand-waving for icing, no matter how inferior their abilities. Moreover, if the latest blonde--Vaidisova--was not sold because of her body, would anyone actually care about yet another mindless baseline basher? Probably not...but the tennis PTB including TV commentators Mary Jo Fernandez, Carillo, Patrick McEnroe and others will not let you forget just how "talented", "wonderful" and "beautiful" the blondes are.

We may as well be watching Hilter-TV for all of the monthly celebration of all things blonde.

Fedexeon
06-05-2007, 06:26 AM
Give her a break!

Nerub
06-05-2007, 06:33 AM
What he said!

spadesss
06-05-2007, 06:37 AM
one of these days, i hope shriek gets her signals crossed from papa (illegal coaching no doubt, caught on camera) and eat a banana with the peel on and choke on it.

or a small plane lands on her head when her shriek knocks out the equipement on the plane, forcing an emergency landing on her head (called it a sonic boom).

spadesss
06-05-2007, 06:41 AM
i hope she lose the next round so there is no repeat on the tennis channel.

tintin
06-05-2007, 07:47 AM
one of these days, i hope shriek gets her signals crossed from papa (illegal coaching no doubt, caught on camera) and eat a banana with the peel on and choke on it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

max
06-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Say, I'm not taken with her looks, but I'll never forget the way she won at Wimbledon a few years back. She did everything perfectly, in that tough, ice water runs in my veins manner of Bjorn Borg. Just simply too tough! Very impressive.

I do not know if she's retained this enormously valuable temperment.

spadesss
06-05-2007, 08:37 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5a/Shriek.png

holy banana peel, not even spider-man can save us.

forzainter
06-05-2007, 08:59 AM
i like her funny attempts to slide on clay

Fedexeon
06-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Suddenly Sharapova became the most hated player in the pro tour. Funny huh?

IvanYentl
06-05-2007, 09:09 AM

actually, this is an important observation. over time, the players that can make her move will dominate her. She can hit it hard, she's 6' 3", but make her run for the ball and she's a klutz. She has no net game to speak of.

So, we need more players who are creative and who realize the need to tug her around. Henin is one such player and if they meet in this F.O. I think it will be entertaining to watch Justine hit her with drop shots.

cheers

darkblue
06-05-2007, 09:14 AM
a good one!

i hate having to MUTE the match she plays.
otherwise, it's not so bad.

katarddx
06-05-2007, 09:48 AM
it is sad that atp or wta wont do anything about it. on one side you have guys picking their buts, and asking for towel every point! on the other side you have screaming eagles being so loud that i absolutelly refuse to watch wta at all! they are spoiled brats who cheat on every possibility and would do anything to win. lets face it, tennis is losing the game with the fans and umpires and wta\atp are not doing anything about it, since those spoiled brats are bringing the money in the house(i guess)... but, just wait, raitngs are down EVERY year and it will be even worse. maybe tennis deservs it?! but, do we?

blues savidis
06-05-2007, 09:58 AM
It just rolls off the tongue, It says it all, SCARE-A-POVA

spadesss
06-05-2007, 10:00 AM
it is sad that atp or wta wont do anything about it. on one side you have guys picking their buts, and asking for towel every point! on the other side you have screaming eagles being so loud that i absolutelly refuse to watch wta at all! they are spoiled brats who cheat on every possibility and would do anything to win. lets face it, tennis is losing the game with the fans and umpires and wta\atp are not doing anything about it, since those spoiled brats are bringing the money in the house(i guess)... but, just wait, raitngs are down EVERY year and it will be even worse. maybe tennis deservs it?! but, do we?

luckily for me, the tennis channel included some other channel as well in the package.
bad luck for us fans in the states, as her and williams sisters matches are replayed over and over again. (not sure how it is outside of the states.). coporate people run where the money is so i gussed its no use complaining to them. its all about sponsorship and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
as long as certain players get the attention and fame, they are elevated to "god" status.

katarddx
06-05-2007, 10:06 AM
i agree, but lets see where will that take them... just wait for few more years... if they dont change something, ratings will drop sooooo low that it will be probably wortless for them to put it on tv. every year has been going down, with all the schrieking and match lengt and low quality of tennis and general public being bored... and so on, and so on...

spadesss
06-05-2007, 10:12 AM
i agree, but lets see where will that take them... just wait for few more years... if they dont change something, ratings will drop sooooo low that it will be probably wortless for them to put it on tv. every year has been going down, with all the schrieking and match lengt and low quality of tennis and general public being bored... and so on, and so on...

i do not remembered who or when or i remembered some female player was issued a warning for her shrieking a "few" years back. this was when m. seles came back after the stabbing. and before shreikova was on the tour.
i need to dig and see what i can find online.

its only going to get worse as clay season is ending.
grass and hardcourt will only make the hot summer days louder and more annoying.

youngbuck
06-05-2007, 10:23 AM
All I read here is people *****ing, whining and crying like little girls. If you dislike the wta so much than why watch or comment on it? Maria has already reached legendary status. 20 years from now she will still be remembered. Unlike you. Seriously, you act like little girls.

TheTruth
06-05-2007, 10:34 AM
A legendary cheater!

spadesss
06-05-2007, 10:37 AM
All I read here is people *****ing, whining and crying like little girls. If you dislike the wta so much than why watch or comment on it? Maria has already reached legendary status. 20 years from now she will still be remembered. Unlike you. Seriously, you act like little girls.

freedom of speech!
freedom you get online.
this is what this board is for, to bi$ch, moan, complain, interact, give pointers, get feedbacks, or whatever. as long as no one gets hurts, its all good.
i am sure shreikapova can laugh it over on her way to the bank.

"Maria has already reached legendary status"
according to whom and what?
she only has 2 slams.

she is a legend at eating bananas with instuctions on when and how from papa.

skip1969
06-05-2007, 10:45 AM
you just got here. don't you think it's a little early for you to be hurling insults at everyone and antagonizing people? just a thought.

i have very little to say about sharapova (though your "legendary" comment did give me a chuckle). if the thread bugs you, ignore it. or start your own.

RedWeb
06-05-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm no fan of Maria but, pray tell, how can one be a "legendary cheater" when the referee and 8 lines persons are right there. While her sportsmanship is certainly questionable, there are no rules that say you must "run" over to an opponent when they are hurt and cry "are you alright, my dear?"; or stop your service motion when already begun because your opponent raises their hand because someone called out from the crowd.

Poor sport... yes.

cheater... no.

tintin
06-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Maria has already reached legendary status.
^^^^^^
now that is funny:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

spadesss
06-05-2007, 11:29 AM
clay court and grass court!
look at her go!

http://www.dongettyphoto.com/kenya/images/Reticulated-Giraffe.jpg

TheTruth
06-05-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm no fan of Maria but, pray tell, how can one be a "legendary cheater" when the referee and 8 lines persons are right there. While her sportsmanship is certainly questionable, there are no rules that say you must "run" over to an opponent when they are hurt and cry "are you alright, my dear?"; or stop your service motion when already begun because your opponent raises their hand because someone called out from the crowd.

Poor sport... yes.

cheater... no.

If you don't stay within the confines of the rules, you are a cheater. If other people are held to a standard you should hold yourself to one as well. It's called moral fiber. Anyone is capable of cheating and getting away with it, but should you? No! Not if you have any class!

katarddx
06-05-2007, 01:07 PM
because this is a web site where people post comments! and you did just that, too.

Breaker
06-05-2007, 03:49 PM
I think it would be priceless if Maria won the French Open, all of this just for reaching the semis. Imagine her coming one step away from a career slam, this forum would go insane.

zapvor
06-05-2007, 03:53 PM
sorry, i wasn't around when C. Evert was da one.
i guessed you can said that the torch has been passed down to this generation.

i suppose, but lets check with Evert first shall we?

J-man
06-05-2007, 05:26 PM
I think it would be priceless if Maria won the French Open, all of this just for reaching the semis. Imagine her coming one step away from a career slam, this forum would go insane.If she won the French Open I don't know what I'd do or think. I mean on one half I guess you could say she played great and congrats. But on the other hand which is the side I am on you could say "Damn the competion sucks if they Sharapova win!" Heck I would rather see one of the Serbian's win or even JH

nino1991
06-05-2007, 05:46 PM
im gonna be honest, i only cheer for her cuz shes sexy.

as bad as this may sound, I totally agree lol , I honestly get scared at the sight of women like Mauresmo, who would probably make me scream and run if I met her in a dark alley, that nice manly tatoo on her arm is the cherry on top of that female-shwarzenneger body.

stormholloway
06-05-2007, 06:35 PM
As a tennisplayer I totally dislike her.. Het attitude on court is just wrong, plus I think she plays really ugly tennis.

I agree with this. Her game isn't interesting. She's not that great of a sport. Her noise is downright offensive.

RedWeb
06-05-2007, 06:58 PM
If you don't stay within the confines of the rules, you are a cheater. If other people are held to a standard you should hold yourself to one as well. It's called moral fiber. Anyone is capable of cheating and getting away with it, but should you? No! Not if you have any class!

I was refering to the rules of tennis, not of life or morale actions. They are totally different. If she breaks the rules of tennis she is punished just like anyone else (as was the case when she received a warning for time wasting when she took to long when she got the new racket).

Just because you don't like her as a person (i'm no fan) does not mean she is a cheater. As far as morality goes I prefer not to throw BIG stones because I for one am not without sin. If you have any issues it should be with the referee who does not enforce all these rules that you say are being broken, and don't even go to offcourt coaching because everyone does that to some degree.

tennis_hand
06-05-2007, 07:31 PM
She is a cheater, not because someone dislikes her. The fact is she is a cheater. Look on court.

tintin
06-06-2007, 03:18 AM
as bad as this may sound, I totally agree lol , I honestly get scared at the sight of women like Mauresmo, who would probably make me scream and run if I met her in a dark alley, that nice manly tatoo on her arm is the cherry on top of that female-shwarzenneger body.

she can buy your cheap homophobic arse

spadesss
06-06-2007, 07:23 AM
I think it would be priceless if Maria won the French Open, all of this just for reaching the semis. Imagine her coming one step away from a career slam, this forum would go insane.

if she is on tv more, i would suggested cancelling on tennis channel.
other than that, it doens't bug me much. i stopped prescription to the tennis magazine a long tiem ago so i won't be seeing her on the covers. i don't buy anything she advertised.

i just can't get the shrieking out of my head.

spadesss
06-06-2007, 07:35 AM
i suppose, but lets check with Evert first shall we?

Dear Ms. Evert,

On behalf of tennis fans, human beings, living beings, living organisms, please please please do us all a favor and put your torch down Shriekapova throat.
You are so lucky to have sound proof rooms when you broadcast and ear phones on too. The rest of us are not so lucky.
If you think McEnroe was annoying when he opens his mouth on the court, you have not heard the real horror.
Compared her shrieking to Americans playing on clay but 1000% worst.
So please, do us a favor and pass your torch to her.

A million Thanks.

nino1991
06-06-2007, 01:11 PM
she can buy your cheap homophobic arse

what the hell was that for? I am not homophobic, simply stated I really prefer Sharapova to Mauresmo, and yes looks are a factor in my decision. My favorite female player based purely on her play is Myskina but she has been struggling and has been practically invisible lately.

Rulo
06-06-2007, 01:18 PM
pssssssst.. you can't have her baby cause she's the woman

That's a good point ;)

TheTruth
06-06-2007, 02:38 PM
I was refering to the rules of tennis, not of life or morale actions. They are totally different. If she breaks the rules of tennis she is punished just like anyone else (as was the case when she received a warning for time wasting when she took to long when she got the new racket).

Just because you don't like her as a person (i'm no fan) does not mean she is a cheater. As far as morality goes I prefer not to throw BIG stones because I for one am not without sin. If you have any issues it should be with the referee who does not enforce all these rules that you say are being broken, and don't even go to offcourt coaching because everyone does that to some degree.

Sorry, I have to disagree. The rules of life apply everywhere. By your definition it's okay to do the wrong thing depending on where you are. If you live your life that way, good on you. I happen not to and prefer the same in the people I choose to be a fan of. This is not a spiritual issue. You don't have to go to church to know right from wrong, it is in the decisions that you make that determine your character. At any rate I feel heartened that I am not alone. Many others feel this way too. Even John McEnroe commented on her nerve in going through her usual ritual amid repeated boos. (Listen to the tape) Obviously many felt the same way as I do or they wouldn't have booed her so loudly. So don't try to get on me. Attack France as well. Having said that, I do respect your right to post and appreciate your comments!

TheTruth
06-06-2007, 02:42 PM
She is a cheater, not because someone dislikes her. The fact is she is a cheater. Look on court.

Exactly! Cheating is cheating no matter what, and repeated instances of dubious behavior cannot be explained away, just because a person might be a fan!

zapvor
06-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Dear Ms. Evert,

On behalf of tennis fans, human beings, living beings, living organisms, please please please do us all a favor and put your torch down Shriekapova throat.
You are so lucky to have sound proof rooms when you broadcast and ear phones on too. The rest of us are not so lucky.
If you think McEnroe was annoying when he opens his mouth on the court, you have not heard the real horror.
Compared her shrieking to Americans playing on clay but 1000% worst.
So please, do us a favor and pass your torch to her.

A million Thanks.

hahhaha i love it. i wonder what Mrs.Evert would say

GrahamIsSuper
06-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Maria Sharapova has the body of a 14 year old boy who used to weigh 400 pounds, then went on the subway diet.

Anyone who finds somone with a pretty(ish) face and a sack of rotten, sprouting potatoes (albeit nicely dressed in nike moo-moos) for a body is possibly a vegeroticist (Yes. I just made up the word "vegeroticist" in reference to her potato-esque features).

spadesss
06-07-2007, 06:51 AM
her shrieking can be compared to a baby crying.
a few might think its cute at 1st. those been around long enough know it can get ugly if it doesn't stop soon, real soon.
of course a few mins later, it doens't stop, those who think its cute at 1st is now with hands over their ears.

but i will take a baby's cry over her shrieking anytime.

go Ana! beat shriek so i can watch tennis!

tintin
06-07-2007, 06:53 AM
go Ana! beat shriek so i can watch tennis!

she got crushed like a maggot:lol: :lol:

spadesss
06-07-2007, 07:01 AM
this calls for a beer or two after tonights tennis game!!!
and i hope shriek is playing so i can toast to myself after every points that she lose. i might have to get more beer then.

tintin
06-07-2007, 07:20 AM
this calls for a beer or two after tonights tennis game!!!
and i hope shriek is playing so i can toast to myself after every points that she lose. i might have to get more beer then.

she got a easy arse draw,once again and faced players who suck on clay,a choking Schnyder who couldn't close it out,a choking Chakvetdaze while both Mauresmo and Kuznetsova,injured faced tough opponents in Safarova and Ivanovic.
too bad for them cuz they would have bageled her arse on the red dirt in Paris:mrgreen::lol:

spadesss
06-07-2007, 07:46 AM
she got a easy arse draw,once again and faced players who suck on clay,a choking Schnyder who couldn't close it out,a choking Chakvetdaze while both Mauresmo and Kuznetsova,injured faced tough opponents in Safarova and Ivanovic.
too bad for them cuz they would have bageled her arse on the red dirt in Paris:mrgreen::lol:

lets hope that shrieker's good time has past by her.
i am hoping that new and up coming players will be able to move and hit with grace and power at the same time without the annoying sound. she can't do a lot once she has to move her feet.
even at wimbledon or US open, once she is force out of the center baseline, she as as good as you and me.

i wonder what shriek will say at the post match interview. blame her injuries and give zero credit to ana!

skip1969
06-07-2007, 07:56 AM
you guys are a TRIP. lol

i can't believe one player losing can cause so much unrestrained joy and jubilation!!

i see a marketing opportunity here and am launching the OFFICIAL "beat the shriek" t-shirt collection that will be available in time for the wimbledon fortnight. the shirts will come in sizes ranging from xs to 3xl and will be in a range of stylish, yet calming colors. a charming "winter white" will be on offer for those of you traveling to london later this month. equally stunning with either your favorite pair of faded jeans, or a crisp white tennis skirt.

i'm working on the web page as we speak . . .

tintin
06-07-2007, 08:35 AM
she can't do a lot once she has to move her feet.
even at wimbledon or US open, once she is force out of the center baseline, she as as good as you and me.

Henin and Mauresmo when healthy and playing well have both shown that,time and again:lol: :lol:
h2h
Henin 5-2 Sharapova
Mauresmo 3-1
last time sharapova took Henin and Mauresmo out it was at the USO both were with shoulder strain(Mauresmo) and back strain(Henin) injuries.:mad:

RedWeb
06-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Sorry, I have to disagree. The rules of life apply everywhere. By your definition it's okay to do the wrong thing depending on where you are. If you live your life that way, good on you. I happen not to and prefer the same in the people I choose to be a fan of. This is not a spiritual issue. You don't have to go to church to know right from wrong, it is in the decisions that you make that determine your character. At any rate I feel heartened that I am not alone. Many others feel this way too. Even John McEnroe commented on her nerve in going through her usual ritual amid repeated boos. (Listen to the tape) Obviously many felt the same way as I do or they wouldn't have booed her so loudly. So don't try to get on me. Attack France as well. Having said that, I do respect your right to post and appreciate your comments!

A few points... if every pro athlete who ever got booed was considered a cheater then every pro athlete who ever played is a cheater... McEnroe's or others "opinions" matter not; its the umpire's job to call out cheating and punish the offense... Are some of Maria's antics beyond the realm of good sportsmanship, absolutely; but that does not mean she is cheating... you did not address my point about the umpire(s), Maria's been doing her stuff for a long time now and she does get penalized for it, therefore the umpires don't think she is a cheater... the rules of life don't apply everywhere, for example, if you and I meet on the street I could not just walk up to you and hit you in the face; but if we were in a boxing match then that would be perfectly fine.

We agree to disagree (except that we're both glad she's done at the French).

Good day!

spadesss
06-07-2007, 10:41 AM
the WTA is weak.
lack leadership on and off court, structure, ambassador, and everything else.
when m. selse was annoying us (the only one at back then), she was #1. though players did complained, nothing was done about it.
generations later, we have a shrieker on every other match/court. now the ***** hits the fan and we are doomed.

if they can't shut up monica, no way to shut out shreikova as she commands more sponsorship, attention, eat more bananas, bring more media to the game......

tintin
06-07-2007, 11:46 AM
the WTA is weak.
lack leadership on and off court, structure, ambassador, and everything else.
when m. selse was annoying us (the only one at back then), she was #1. though players did complained, nothing was done about it.
generations later, we have a shrieker on every other match/court. now the ***** hits the fan and we are doomed.

if they can't shut up monica, no way to shut out shreikova as she commands more sponsorship, attention, eat more bananas, bring more media to the game......

I respectfully disagree with you mate.There are great players out there but the media and corporate america choses to promote some and leave others to bite the dust.I've seen what some of you,on this very site write about Mauresmo and Clijsters ,both far better players than Sharapova;but since they don't look like a barbie doll,one is gay,people on this very site put them down constantly.
They don't use sportmanship,always plays with dignity and their peers have nothing but respect for them on and off the courts.
Clijsters has retired now but Mauresmo has been injured most of the year,really and that has kept her from playing well.
Too bad people don't talk about the goods she does off court,the $ she raises for the Curie Institue for Cancer reasearch and all her involvement with Phil collin's Little Dreams Foundation and Media Handicaps.
but I suppose who Sharapova is dating right now is much more important:roll:

TheTruth
06-07-2007, 03:15 PM
A few points... if every pro athlete who ever got booed was considered a cheater then every pro athlete who ever played is a cheater... McEnroe's or others "opinions" matter not; its the umpire's job to call out cheating and punish the offense... Are some of Maria's antics beyond the realm of good sportsmanship, absolutely; but that does not mean she is cheating... you did not address my point about the umpire(s), Maria's been doing her stuff for a long time now and she does get penalized for it, therefore the umpires don't think she is a cheater... the rules of life don't apply everywhere, for example, if you and I meet on the street I could not just walk up to you and hit you in the face; but if we were in a boxing match then that would be perfectly fine.

We agree to disagree (except that we're both glad she's done at the French).

Good day!

Good day to you too! But, question? Why can't the umpires cheat as well? Maria is a big star. You think Schnyder would get the same considerations as Maria? I don't. Like the time Maria wanted to go to the restroom when she was losing against somebody, I don't remember who and the chair said no because it was in the middle of a game and the supervisor allowed her to go and disrupt the momentum of the match. Sorry, no respect to well your thought out reply, but to me it is cheating when someone does the wrong thing, whether they are called on it, or not. I wasn't feeling the boxing analogy because boxing has its own set of rules, just like tennis, baseball, etc. But when you engage in any of those sports you are obliged to follow the prescribed rules. For example, if the ball hits you, you lose the point. Why was Maria trying to get the chair to change that? When someone goes to check a mark, you don't hit them with the ball. To me she's a cheater and nothing will ever change my mind. But, I am glad she is gone because maybe the game will be a little fairer!

TheTruth
06-07-2007, 03:18 PM
I respectfully disagree with you mate.There are great players out there but the media and corporate america choses to promote some and leave others to bite the dust.I've seen what some of you,on this very site write about Mauresmo and Clijsters ,both far better players than Sharapova;but since they don't look like a barbie doll,one is gay,people on this very site put them down constantly.
They don't use sportmanship,always plays with dignity and their peers have nothing but respect for them on and off the courts.
Clijsters has retired now but Mauresmo has been injured most of the year,really and that has kept her from playing well.
Too bad people don't talk about the goods she does off court,the $ she raises for the Curie Institue for Cancer reasearch and all her involvement with Phil collin's Little Dreams Foundation and Media Handicaps.

And that to me is why a. she's always trying to bend the rules. and b. they let her.

zapvor
06-07-2007, 04:49 PM
you guys are a TRIP. lol

i can't believe one player losing can cause so much unrestrained joy and jubilation!!

i see a marketing opportunity here and am launching the OFFICIAL "beat the shriek" t-shirt collection that will be available in time for the wimbledon fortnight. the shirts will come in sizes ranging from xs to 3xl and will be in a range of stylish, yet calming colors. a charming "winter white" will be on offer for those of you traveling to london later this month. equally stunning with either your favorite pair of faded jeans, or a crisp white tennis skirt.

i'm working on the web page as we speak . . .

lol what about pricing for a medium?

redsoxjad
06-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Please leave my little Russian princess alone.

Sincerely,
Yuriy S.

nino1991
06-07-2007, 05:02 PM
This is probably a little off-topic but I now take back what I said about Mauresmo before, I know understand it came off as homophobic. To my defence, I had no clue she was lesbian until tintin's last post, but I'm very sorry to anyone I may have offended.

MariaS
06-07-2007, 05:08 PM
I think I missed it, so tell me how Maria cheats?

You guys/gals are too funny.
Don't stop now. :-D

MariaS
06-07-2007, 05:11 PM
This is probably a little off-topic but I now take back what I said about Mauresmo before, I know understand it came off as homophobic. To my defence, I had no clue she was lesbian until tintin's last post, but I'm very sorry to anyone I may have offended.

Indian giver!..... Ooops.
I apologize for saying Indian in such a negative manner. I take it back. Forgive me. :D :D

nino1991
06-07-2007, 05:12 PM
lol seriously though I really had no clue she was a lesbian or I wouldn't have made those comments in the first place

spadesss
06-08-2007, 04:32 AM

There are great players out there but the media and corporate america choses to promote some and leave others to bite the dust.
this is true.
Mauresmo and Clijsters ,both far better players than Sharapova
hard to debate if we are looking at slams only to see who is better as if that is the only thing that matters to critics.
mauresmo- 2 slams
cli- 1 (and done)
shriek- 2
Mauresmo and Clijsters has better manners and more importantly, do get some type of love & respect from fans and peers. shriek only get "the love" as people want to rub off on her for her wealth.
media
they write to sell a story. may not always be true. truth may be twisted or bent. so i am staying away from that popic.

tintin
06-08-2007, 04:38 AM
[COLOR="Red"]

hard to debate if we are looking at slams only to see who is better as if that is the only thing that matters to critics.
mauresmo- 2 slams
cli- 1 (and done)
shriek- 2

is Sharapova an all court,all surface player?
no
can she make the transition from defense to offense and vice versa like these 2 can do it?
no
can she hit volleys,not drive volleys but real volleys?
again hell no!
in my opinion she is the Andy Roddick of the women's game,no plan B when plan A can't work,get me now?;)

spadesss
06-08-2007, 04:54 AM
is Sharapova an all court,all surface player?
no
can she make the transition from defense to offense and vice versa like these 2 can do it?
no
can she hit volleys,not drive volleys but real volleys?
again hell no!
in my opinion she is the Andy Roddick of the women's game,no plan B when plan A can't work,get me now?;)

i know what you are saying but....
isn't it all about the slams?

if shriek gets one more, i hate to say it but she is better then those two.

its all about the big ones that counts.
its a huge factor in debates. this comes 1st before anything else.

i mean all we hear about is how many more slams is roger going to win and when will he catch up to pete. no one mentiosn the masters, small singles tournaments (or doubles). look at jonnie MC, the dude has won a hell of doubles slams but its all about his singles trophies when compared to other greats.

spadesss
06-08-2007, 05:06 AM
Please leave my little Russian princess alone.

Sincerely,
Yuriy S.

http://img1.eurosport.com/imgbk/tennis/all/md-i187029.jpg
hey, where are my bananas.
it is time to eat some bananas.

tintin
06-08-2007, 05:10 AM
i know what you are saying but....
isn't it all about the slams?

if shriek gets one more, i hate to say it but she is better then those two.

its all about the big ones that counts.
its a huge factor in debates. this comes 1st before anything else.

i mean all we hear about is how many more slams is roger going to win and when will he catch up to pete. no one mentiosn the masters, small singles tournaments (or doubles). look at jonnie MC, the dude has won a hell of doubles slams but its all about his singles trophies when compared to other greats.

yeh I really undertand what you Spade but that's too bad,don't you think?
having said that,between you and me I think Federer is way better than Sampras:)

spadesss
06-08-2007, 05:21 AM
yeh I really undertand what you Spade but that's too bad,don't you think?
having said that,between you and me I think Federer is way better than Sampras:)

yah.
last year when roger had the great year, someone mentioned john MC's as well PLUS the double duty of playing doubles and being #1 as well in that too. i am a fan but i do not know all the history behind it (plus i am not that old...haha).
once i read how well john mc did (i think he played davis cup that year as well), i was stunned and proud of him. that is a lot of matches for a little "skinny" man.

i hate to go on another debate when this is the "shriek, we hate thread."

but we can agreed that shriek can be pete and roger's water girl when they play thier exhitbition matches, how is that?

tintin
06-08-2007, 05:27 AM
yah.
last year when roger had the great year, someone mentioned john MC's as well PLUS the double duty of playing doubles and being #1 as well in that too. i am a fan but i do not know all the history behind it (plus i am not that old...haha).
once i read how well john mc did (i think he played davis cup that year as well), i was stunned and proud of him. that is a lot of matches for a little "skinny" man.

i hate to go on another debate when this is the "shriek, we hate thread."

but we can agreed that shriek can be pete and roger's water girl when they play thier exhitbition matches, how is that?

yes agree let's drop the subject and yes she can:lol:

DashaandSafin
06-08-2007, 06:35 AM
The Maria trolls on this board are almost as bad as Maria herself....We all know you hate Maria, just shut up already.

spadesss
06-08-2007, 06:51 AM
The Maria trolls on this board are almost as bad as Maria herself....We all know you hate Maria, just shut up already.

http://www.die-simpsons.de/pic-db/pic-upload/thumbs/pics/bart/bart0123.gif

tintin
06-08-2007, 06:58 AM
http://www.die-simpsons.de/pic-db/pic-upload/thumbs/pics/bart/bart0123.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DashaandSafin
06-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Hoho, real mature jackass.

spadesss
06-11-2007, 04:38 AM
Hoho, real mature jackass.

this is supposed to be fun.
i bet shreik herself will find this funny as she laughs and go hohoho all the way to the bank.
if you don't want to read stuff from jackass like me or some of us, get the heck out of this board or any other board and join the red cross or something, go save the world.

i hope you are not really mad from just reading stuff on this board. if you are, i have no idea how you really survive out in the real world. i feel bad for you now :(

DashaandSafin
06-11-2007, 08:13 PM
What are you talking about? And you can tell how i feel over the internet how? Am I mad? Not really, ill probably forget this in two seconds and wont remeber it until I log on next. In that case, Im hardly mad.

I dont care if its the interent, act a bit more mature. And btw, your post doesn't even make sense...go save the world? The hell? Whered that come from?

Jackass.

spadesss
06-12-2007, 11:34 AM
What are you talking about? And you can tell how i feel over the internet how? Am I mad? Not really, ill probably forget this in two seconds and wont remeber it until I log on next. In that case, Im hardly mad.

I dont care if its the interent, act a bit more mature. And btw, your post doesn't even make sense...go save the world? The hell? Whered that come from?

Jackass.

i am sure all the name calling is making me the immature one.
does the name calling make you feel tougher?

bhallic24
07-25-2007, 04:10 PM
Yes she is unbearable and I'm absolutely sick of how people are all hyped up about her game, her looks, etc... Don't wanna see another "Make every shot a powershot" Commercial again.

And actually to me it sounds more like a sound that a dying crow would make than a squealing pig or shriek. It sounds like "KAAA!!! KAAAAA!!! KAAAA!!!"

Ana Ivanovic is way hotter. Then again so are like 6 other girls on tour.

Alex132
07-25-2007, 09:00 PM

You like watching naked guys jumping on trampoline i bet, fking gay *******.

I guess you guys don't even watch Venus, her scream is WAY louder, and its horrrible

Messarger
07-26-2007, 12:08 AM
Well, if you dont like her shriek then mute the volume. Commentators are boring anyway.

Most of us dont like her as a tennis player due to may reasons. But if had the chance we'd all want to fvck her left right centre. I wouldnt mind coming into her mouth to make her shut up, along with the other 69 karma sutra stunts.

sondraj
07-26-2007, 02:17 AM
And yet despite all the hate from this immensely powerful board of tennis analysis who have the power to put a players career on ice she still manages to be the number 3 player in the world, win majors and oh yeah be ridiculously famous and rich because of it and her looks....how does she do it

sondraj
07-26-2007, 02:19 AM
Messarger

o.k i was with u until the truly unnecessary vulgarity of the post, save it for the sex line, i'm sure they miss ur 1.99$ a min

phoony
07-30-2007, 11:40 PM
One word 'Jealousy' --- i think guys + gals who hated her is becoz of that reason. Nevermind i guess thats still a lot of her supporters out there. Let them complaining and commenting. Just let them. Cool down to all Maria supporters................;) we will always support u u u u u :-D