PDA

View Full Version : how many pros actually use the racquet they play with?

tenniskid3119
06-04-2007, 09:22 AM
^^^^ no paintjobs. but it can have lead tape or weights.

forzainter
06-04-2007, 09:23 AM
nadal did play with the aero pro drive, and he says he will use the cortex before wimbledon (i think he said that)

chris1992
06-04-2007, 09:28 AM
federer plays with k factor i believe but its heavily customised. nadal uses aero pro with some lead tape. roddick uses the pure drive roddick. davydenko does use the o3 tour with no customisation. gonzalez uses the pure storm with added weight. berdych uses a paint job, so does hewitt and most probabely a bunch of other guys. james blakes racket completely confuses me though.

so the only ones i know who do are berdych and hewitt and maybe blake but generally they all have theirs customised.

Jonnyf
06-04-2007, 09:50 AM
federer plays with k factor i believe but its heavily customised. nadal uses aero pro with some lead tape. roddick uses the pure drive roddick. davydenko does use the o3 tour with no customisation. gonzalez uses the pure storm with added weight. berdych uses a paint job, so does hewitt and most probabely a bunch of other guys. james blakes racket completely confuses me though.

so the only ones i know who do are berdych and hewitt and maybe blake but generally they all have theirs customised.

Out of those Davydenko's is most def. customized (longer and heavier)
Gonzo uses pc+ with lead not pure storm

Andres
06-04-2007, 09:56 AM
how many pros actually use the racquet they play with?
All of them ;)

How many pros actually use the racquet they advertise?
That's different ;)

TalkingTennis91
06-04-2007, 10:01 AM

Federer has not switched racquets recently. He has been using what is essentially a K-Factor racquet for about the past 5 years (since his switch from the Prostaff 6.0 85). Federer did not actually switch racquets at the beginning of this year.

Andy Roddick does not use the Pure Drive Roddick. He has not switched either. He said in an interview around the time of the Australian Open this year that he has been using the same racquet for the past 8 years, along with a lot of other pros.

Nikolay Davydenko's O3 Tour is heavily weight-customized, as well as being a full inch longer than normal (his racquet is 28" long).

iplaybetter
06-04-2007, 10:55 AM
it looks like Youzhny is

chris1992
06-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Federer has not switched racquets recently. He has been using what is essentially a K-Factor racquet for about the past 5 years (since his switch from the Prostaff 6.0 85). Federer did not actually switch racquets at the beginning of this year.

Andy Roddick does not use the Pure Drive Roddick. He has not switched either. He said in an interview around the time of the Australian Open this year that he has been using the same racquet for the past 8 years, along with a lot of other pros.

Nikolay Davydenko's O3 Tour is heavily weight-customized, as well as being a full inch longer than normal (his racquet is 28" long).

Andy roddicks racket im pretty sure is the pure drive roddick. originally its was just ment to be the pure drive cortex but when andy took that on he customised it and babolat decided to release his racket so the pure drive roddick is actually what roddick plays with, its based on the old pure drive standard with the updated technology of cortex.

nickb
06-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Andy roddicks racket im pretty sure is the pure drive roddick. originally its was just ment to be the pure drive cortex but when andy took that on he customised it and babolat decided to release his racket so the pure drive roddick is actually what roddick plays with, its based on the old pure drive standard with the updated technology of cortex.

Andy does NOT use the pure drive roddick....he still uses the same pure drive plus with added weight that he has been using for years. The cortex on his racquets is painted on as is nadals.

chris1992
06-05-2007, 04:53 AM
Andy does NOT use the pure drive roddick....he still uses the same pure drive plus with added weight that he has been using for years. The cortex on his racquets is painted on as is nadals.

ok. nadal will be using cortex however, either before or after wimbledon just not at the french.

rabidcow
06-05-2007, 01:11 PM
It's pretty hard to disguise the O ports on Prince racquets

PED
06-05-2007, 01:37 PM
I wonder on Gonzo paint job pure storm.... if babolat is really bringing out a tour version of the storm that is extended than maybe that's what he's been using lately and not a pure control paint job. I'm sure it was the control he was using in the last few years but I would imagine bab would develop the stick under real world conditions. No proof just pure conjecture

baseliner87
06-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Out of those Davydenko's is most def. customized (longer and heavier)
Gonzo uses pc+ with lead not pure storm

i'm confused what does gonzo use?

baseliner87
06-05-2007, 04:32 PM
do you mean the pure control

p0w3r
06-05-2007, 04:51 PM
gasquet used to actually use a LM Instinct Tour last year...now its been painted over with microgel extreme paint.

Voltron
06-05-2007, 04:55 PM
ok. nadal will be using cortex however, either before or after wimbledon just not at the french.
I highly doubt that Nadal will actually use cortex.

kalic
06-05-2007, 10:24 PM
I think Gonzo and Andreev (only weight customization)

Duzza
06-05-2007, 10:37 PM
how many pros actually use the racquet they play with?
I'm sorry, but EVERY pro uses the racquet they play with.

katarddx
06-06-2007, 09:31 AM
LOL i tought about same thing when i saw the post

Bobble
06-07-2007, 10:42 AM
most head pro's have pj's but i know wawrinka, berloq, acasuso, sela, and ferrero(in the past) actually use the fxp's.

I'm pretty sure the nblades that matheiu and djokovic use are the actual stick only heavily weighted because both of them used to play with prestiges and the nblade was created to kind of impede on the head market.

Andres
06-07-2007, 10:59 AM
most head pro's have pj's but i know wawrinka, berloq, acasuso, sela, and ferrero(in the past) actually use the fxp's.

I'm pretty sure the nblades that matheiu and djokovic use are the actual stick only heavily weighted because both of them used to play with prestiges and the nblade was created to kind of impede on the head market.
Acasuso has never used the FXP. He uses and has always used a PC600.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=1084329&postcount=8

Jonnyf
06-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Acasuso has never used the FXP. He uses and has always used a PC600.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=1084329&postcount=8

Calleri does though!!!

Andres
06-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Calleri does though!!!
Calleri also uses a PC.

Andres
06-12-2007, 05:28 AM
You stole my comment! That's not fair! You stole my comment!!! :p
YOU TOOK CREDIT FOR MY COMMENT!

Damn you, damn you aussie! Damn you aussie to hell! :mrgreen:

nickb
06-12-2007, 06:28 AM

Wrong again.....Nadal isnt using cortex and wont be using it in future: just look at a close up pic of his racquet and you will see its painted on.

keithchircop
06-12-2007, 02:13 PM
bottom line:
5% of the ATP top 100 use the racquets they advertise
0% of the ATP top 100 do not customize the racquets they advertise
50% of people buy racquets the pros advertise