PDA

View Full Version : pros racquets paint jobs...

vinnier6
06-04-2007, 02:13 PM
why is it soo hard for people to believe that we just dont get the same racquets that the pros get...we get something that may or may not be based on it, but thats it...the paint job is where it stops...pros arent going to change the racquet every year just to keep the manufactures happy, so its much easier to just paint them up to look like what we have...

i know this isnt going to stop all of the pro racquet disscusions, but i just have to let it out, ITS ALL PAINT JOBS PEOPLE.....

kirbster123
06-04-2007, 02:22 PM
we know....

AlpineCadet
06-04-2007, 02:53 PM
yep, we all know about them, which is why there are countless threads popping up everyday asking whether or not so-and-so actually uses the retail such-and-such. :rolleyes:

Richie Rich
06-04-2007, 03:01 PM
but i just have to let it out, ITS ALL PAINT JOBS PEOPLE.....

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO. pro's use racquets you and i can buy from the store. that's what they said. stop posting lies!

AlpineCadet
06-04-2007, 03:05 PM
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO. pro's use racquets you and i can buy from the store. that's what they said. stop posting lies!

Manufacturers are actually in the business to make money--so why not "paintjob" a pro's racket to fool the public into buying their newer/pricier product?

I'm just kidding. Wilson/Head/Yonex/etc. would never do that! Neverrrrrrrrr in a million years!

Richie Rich
06-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Manufacturers are actually in the business to make money--so why not "paintjob" a pro's racket to fool the public into buying their newer/pricier product?

I'm just kidding. Wilson/Head/Yonex/etc. would never do that! Neverrrrrrrrr in a million years!

your avatar and this thread are very poignant

AlpineCadet
06-04-2007, 08:16 PM
LOL, I guess that's the case we all have to deal with..

nautika721
06-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Aha, but I've fooled the racquet manufacturers. Nadal's not using the new APD w/ Cortex, you say? Well neither am I. I'm using the old APD that I've painted to look like the new one. Tricky, I know -- stay with me here.

Federer? Yep, my racquet looks just like the K Factor, but you'd never know it's actually an nSix-One...again, I painted it.

But don't get me wrong, I don't need to just look like my favorite tennis players, I need to be like them too. My girlfriend's name, you ask? Uh huh, Mirka. Well that's what I call her at least. She's a size 20 too, so that adds to the authenticity!

But really, do you guys think Nadal's actually wearing this season's capri pants or should I buy last season's? Those clothing manufacturers are so tricky sometimes...I think his French Open clothes might be a paint job (or sew job?), but I could be wrong. :confused:

AlpineCadet
06-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Your life is a paintjob! Aaack! =)

Pleepers
06-05-2007, 07:58 AM
People don't want to accept it because then they would no longer be able to think that they are as cool as the player that endorses their racquet. It's a sad realization. :-( That's why I play with a pj -because I am as cool as the player that endorses my racquet :D :-( :confused:

vinnier6
06-07-2007, 01:27 PM
we know....

i know we all know...but then why do we have 10 new posts a day about what racquet is this pro using and what racquet is this other pro using...yada yada...i guess i was just venting over the is roddick using the roddick stick, is blake using a prince is federer using whatever he is using and so on...

a guy
06-07-2007, 02:39 PM
They'll be paintjobbing the balls next.

chris1992
06-12-2007, 04:17 AM
i think some of them do use the latest racket, its just customised. but we shouldn't need to know what racket they use cos it wont make our game better.

MTXR
06-15-2007, 12:37 PM
I use what the pros use to use. PS 85 China. Fed used it!

Toph
06-16-2007, 08:05 AM
OMG pro's use paintjobs! ;)