PDA

View Full Version : String Advice/Recommendation

routine125
09-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Hello,

I currently play with a Babolat Pure Drive Plus. I string it with Bow Brand Championship Natural Gut 16L String. I string it at 57 lbs in the mains and 60 lbs in the crosses.

When I first hit with it, it plays great. However after about a set or two the strings begin to move constantly and it feels like it loses tension quickly.

And right when it loses tension that when I feel like the balls start spraying.

Any advice on a string and tension for the BPD +? Cost doesn't really matter, but if it is a high cost (greater than $15), I'm looking for more of a durable string.

Like everyone else, I'm looking for something that doesn't loose tension quickly, strings barely move, plays great and has great durability.

Any string advice/recommendation would be appreciated.

Thanks

mark rodgers
09-27-2004, 04:19 PM
I too hate having the gut move around so much. I used to use string-savers to keep the strings in the place. But my ultimate solution was to hybrid the gut with polyester crosses. That made the strings behave and I really like the feel. I would suggest Babolat Hurricane. It's a softer poly and I think you'd like it compared to an all-gut job. If you like the feel and the ball still flies on you, try switching to poly mains and gut crosses. Stick with your current tension and adjust as needed.

NoBadMojo
09-27-2004, 04:26 PM
gut holds its tension pretty much better than anything else. are you prestretching the gut? try 60#'s mains and crosses w. a prestretch and see if that doesnt help you.