PDA

View Full Version : Post-Roland Garros Rankings Speculation

FitzRoy
06-04-2007, 03:18 PM
If my math is correct...

Then Ljubicic will be dropping out of the Top 10 for sure.

As will Haas, by virtue of his losing 75 points by not showing up.

Blake will remain in the Top 10, though he'll definitely be going from 8 to 9 at least, with Robredo moving past him. If Canas manages to win the whole thing, then Blake would end up at 10 because Canas would pass him as well.

If either Davydenko or Djokovic make it to the Semis, then they move past Roddick in the rankings. Number 2 ranking is still unattainable for either of them. Djokovic has already moved past Gonzalez and will be at least #5 after the tournament.

Robredo has moved past Blake and Ljubicic, but won't pass Gonzalez unless he manages to win the whole thing. Robredo would move into third by doing that unless Djokovic also makes the final, in which case Djokovic would end up at 3rd with Robredo being 4th.

Canas can crack the Top 10 if he wins the tournament. If Canas does that and Robredo fails to make the semifinal, then Canas would pass Robredo as well and end up at #7(!). Or, if Robredo does make the semifinal, then Canas would end up at #8.

Murray will move past Ljubicic and Haas and back into the Top 10 without playing unless Canas wins the tournament, in which case he'd remain at 11.

I know it's a long shot, but the fact that Canas could already find himself back in the Top 10 is amazing to me.

jmverdugo
06-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Well, for canas is all the way up since he is not defending any points at all, he is just wining, Vamos Willy!!

Question, if he lost his next match how much points does he get?, what will be his ranking? thanks...

pj80
06-04-2007, 04:19 PM
If my math is correct...

Then Ljubicic will be dropping out of the Top 10 for sure.

As will Haas, by virtue of his losing 75 points by not showing up.

Blake will remain in the Top 10, though he'll definitely be going from 8 to 9 at least, with Robredo moving past him. If Canas manages to win the whole thing, then Blake would end up at 10 because Canas would pass him as well.

If either Davydenko or Djokovic make it to the Semis, then they move past Roddick in the rankings. Number 2 ranking is still unattainable for either of them. Djokovic has already moved past Gonzalez and will be at least #5 after the tournament.

Robredo has moved past Blake and Ljubicic, but won't pass Gonzalez unless he manages to win the whole thing. Robredo would move into third by doing that unless Djokovic also makes the final, in which case Djokovic would end up at 3rd with Robredo being 4th.

Canas can crack the Top 10 if he wins the tournament. If Canas does that and Robredo fails to make the semifinal, then Canas would pass Robredo as well and end up at #7(!). Or, if Robredo does make the semifinal, then Canas would end up at #8.

Murray will move past Ljubicic and Haas and back into the Top 10 without playing unless Canas wins the tournament, in which case he'd remain at 11.

I know it's a long shot, but the fact that Canas could already find himself back in the Top 10 is amazing to me.

what about goran ivanisevic...where is he ranked?

FitzRoy
06-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Well, for canas is all the way up since he is not defending any points at all, he is just wining, Vamos Willy!!

Question, if he lost his next match how much points does he get?, what will be his ranking? thanks...

If he lost, then he'd get 250 points for his quarterfinal showing. I believe that would put him at #17, but I'm not sure.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Canas has nothing to defend until the fall and they are all challenger events, so he has no where to go but UP.