PDA

View Full Version : This is too funny, one-time champs support Nadal, while REALLY true champs support..

Kim
06-05-2007, 03:47 AM
..Federer. Case in point

http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=tennis/07/06/05/TENNIS_French_Federer.html

Ferr, who? Stich, who? One is a one-time Wimbledon hack, while the other was...uhmm...nothing.

Sampras, Borg et al, TRUE GOAT candidates support guess who.....

So sad that these old hacks are showing their envy, while the Federer-co-equals gladly claim Fed as their own.

AAAA
06-05-2007, 04:38 AM
Points I agree with:

He (Federer) has become too negative on clay. He doesn't serve and volley enough. He needs to come in more against these guys. He has taken a step back rather than forward, whereas Rafael has improved his game more.

I don't know if Sampras was negative on clay but I do know commentators during his time also said Sampras should be more aggressive at the FO.

Stich said: "I think Rafa will win Wimbledon before Roger wins the French

The surfaces are what they are regardless of all the whining and this is a realistic possibility.

Ferreira and Stich could just be saying those things to try and fire Federer up. We don't know what their motive is, merely guess.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-05-2007, 04:48 AM
Sounds like some wishful thinking on both Stich and Ferreiera's part...

jelle v
06-05-2007, 05:26 AM
Did Ferreira win a Grand Slam..? :confused:

Tsunami
06-05-2007, 05:31 AM
"Roger needs the weather to be hot to win the French, and he needs to play his own game. He needs to improve his claycourt game still.

IMO it's just the opposite... Nadal's top spin is much more efficient when it's hot and dry, bouncing extremely high and very difficult to control - Basically Hamburg's result tends to confirm this

Besides, if I remember correctly, the weather was hot when Federer lost 2 years ago in semi-final and last year in final, no ?

And the last sentence is just a joke, especially coming from Stich... It is so embarassing to see these older players comment like they know everything...

Would love to see Federer win just to shut their mouth, little bit like Cash predicted Federer was crazy to play without a coach and that it would never work and Federer won 3 GS that year :)

kimizz
06-05-2007, 05:32 AM
Ahh another useless thread in the archives of TW LOL

Morrissey
06-05-2007, 05:53 AM
..Federer. Case in point

http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=tennis/07/06/05/TENNIS_French_Federer.html

Ferr, who? Stich, who? One is a one-time Wimbledon hack, while the other was...uhmm...nothing.

Sampras, Borg et al, TRUE GOAT candidates support guess who.....

So sad that these old hacks are showing their envy, while the Federer-co-equals gladly claim Fed as their own.

Nadal hater bar none.

TheTruth
06-05-2007, 12:29 PM
No, this is too true. True champs? Didn't you read where Borg said Roger is "my friend?" This is Roger's true edge. Disarming opponents off court while they eagerly sing his praises and refuse to cut him down on court.

Blake-"Roger called me personally to wish me well. He's a class act."

Roddick-"I can't even be mad. He's such a nice guy."

Ljubicic-similar comments

some others too, that I can't remember. This is the talk of champions? warriors? I don't think so!

Heck, he even went to Mallorca and played Playstation with Nadal. Didn't work though, Nadal beat him in PlayStation too.

VGP
06-05-2007, 12:38 PM
If one has to be a multiple slam winner to state a "valid" opinion, then no one here should even open their mouths.

Zets147
06-05-2007, 12:46 PM
I agree with the theory that they are trying to fire him up