PDA

View Full Version : Why Verdasco hits so many unforced errors.

djones
06-05-2007, 02:47 AM
Yesterday I watched half the match of Verdasco - Djokovic and once again I was dissapointed in Verdasco's level of playing.
I can't believe this guy just makes so many useless unforced errors.
It's really hard to even watch him play, because you feel like he can net any ball at any time during the rally.

I find it realy weird.
If he would just make half the unforced errors he does normally, he would be a much better player.

Max G.
06-05-2007, 03:30 AM
Yeah, that's pretty much how he always plays. I've seen matches of his - he goes for a lot on his shots, and often coughs up a bunch of unforced errors. Sometimes it balances out with winners when shots are going in, which is how he wins matches and keeps his ranking up. He's a lot more of a hit-or-miss player right now, I think, than Gonzalez.

gugarafa
06-05-2007, 05:13 AM
verdasco's a great player.last year at queens he looked like he could beat nadal then yesterday he coughs up 52 unforced errors to 7 winners...this guy should see a tennis doctor,for choking problems.

sapient007
06-05-2007, 05:14 AM
switch to a OS

~puts on helmet, gets in the bunker~

chris1992
06-05-2007, 05:17 AM
a great talent but doesnt know how to use it. his game is to hit forehand winners but is not consistent at all so sometimes he will hit only winners and sometimes never get the ball over the net.

Feņa14
06-05-2007, 09:46 AM
He's got some real talent but he doesn't read the game too well.

He doesn't know when the right time is to go for the big shots. I also think he suffers from having too many shots in his arsenal, he probably changes his mind 2-3 times per shot as he's that good he has the potential to do pretty much anything with the ball.

I haven't given up hope on him yet because his performances where things go well stick in my mind for a long time. I know he can do it.

Chauvalito
06-05-2007, 09:50 AM
it was the hair...to much pomade, slowed him down,,,

it also didnt help that he was wearing black in THE MIDDLE OF THE freaking day