PDA

View Full Version : J. Eysseric serving breadstick in Juniors

tennisfanatic
06-05-2007, 04:01 AM
he just won a match against a junior guy 7/5 6/1.

i think he's not ripe yet for the pro tour. maybe next year he'll be

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-05-2007, 04:03 AM
Does he get the attention because he was or is Federer's sparring partner?

But he may turn pro by the end of the year, I am guessing.

tennisfanatic
06-05-2007, 04:04 AM
Does he get the attention because he was or his Federer's sparring partner?

But he may turn pro by the end of the year, I am guessing.

it's only because of Fed no doubt....

tintin
06-05-2007, 05:08 AM
it's only because of Fed no doubt....

no it's not.That kid has talent and has won Slams as juniors and is the current #1 player in the world,but he is a lefty and he and Federer are managed by IMG.

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=17620
that's him blogging:D

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-06-2007, 04:49 AM
Well the kid lost to some Lithuanian player in 3 sets, but I hope to see good things from him.

G&G
06-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Wel the kid lost to some Lithuanian player in 3 sets, but I hope to see good things from him.

What do you mean by "some Lithuanian" guy? Berankis is one of the best juniors in the world. He played in semi final of AO this year.

J-man
06-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Not everyone follows the Junior tour like a Hawk. Is it that much of a surprise that he hadn't heard of him?

Mikael
06-06-2007, 02:59 PM
he just won a match against a junior guy 7/5 6/1.

i think he's not ripe yet for the pro tour. maybe next year he'll be

Saw that match.

Eysseric has big potential, his forehand looks very good. It reminded me more of Rios' than Nadal's. He can do a lot of things from the baseline.

However, he didn't look very tall to me, possibly under 5ft10. This could be a serious handicap later when he tries adding power to his serve.

Bogie
06-06-2007, 04:52 PM
no it's not.That kid has talent and has won Slams as juniors and is the current #1 player in the world,but he is a lefty and he and Federer are managed by IMG.

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=17620
that's him blogging:D

no, eysseric just got bumped back to #2. matteo trevisian is #1 now after he won the trofelio italgio or whatever it is called cup.

adlis
06-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Saw that match.

Eysseric has big potential, his forehand looks very good. It reminded me more of Rios' than Nadal's. He can do a lot of things from the baseline.

However, he didn't look very tall to me, possibly under 5ft10. This could be a serious handicap later when he tries adding power to his serve.

can you explain to everyone how you came to that conclusion

David ferrer is 5'9 and hit a 151 mph serve at the french open.

mJeez4293
06-06-2007, 05:25 PM
no, eysseric just got bumped back to #2. matteo trevisian is #1 now after he won the trofelio italgio or whatever it is called cup.

lol trofeo bonfiglio

Mikael
06-06-2007, 05:32 PM
can you explain to everyone how you came to that conclusion

David ferrer is 5'9 and hit a 151 mph serve at the french open.

Olivier Rochus can hit a mean serve too but it's much more feasible to serve really hard when you're tall (more leverage + more margin for error). For every sub 5ft10 guy that has a great, powerful serve there are more than a few that have average serves...

Mikael
06-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Anyway, it's a moot point. I just checked and he's actually 6'. I guess it's his huge calves and stocky build that made him look shorter to me.

G&G
06-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Not everyone follows the Junior tour like a Hawk. Is it that much of a surprise that he hadn't heard of him?

No it's not a big surprise, but from his statement i assumed that he follows the junior circuit;)

GRANITECHIEF
06-07-2007, 08:16 AM
As long as were on the subject of Juniors: Props to Kellen Damico from USA making it to the Boys Semis.

Pleepers
06-07-2007, 08:39 AM
As long as were on the subject of Juniors: Props to Kellen Damico from USA making it to the Boys Semis.

That kid amazes me. I saw him play in Denver at the City Open tournament a number of years ago when he was like 14-15 and he pretty much made the college kid he played beat him self -pretty impressive.

Vims
06-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Eysseric is stocky guy and talented but he aint ready. He has got atp points like 800 now. He got WC in FO MD which i know annoyed alot of French players who worked hard that year in the top 300 or so. But its nice to see them pushing juniors like they did with Murray and he eventually got sumwhere

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-07-2007, 10:40 AM
What do you mean by "some Lithuanian" guy? Berankis is one of the best juniors in the world. He played in semi final of AO this year.

Umm, he made the Quarterfinals of Roland Garros?

Thanks for the information though :confused:

armand
06-07-2007, 12:33 PM
David ferrer is 5'9 and hit a 151 mph serve at the french open.Nah he didn't, it was a mistake on the radar gun. However, Danielle Braccialli is about 180cm and can serve into the 140s.