PDA

View Full Version : Does Moya have a chance against Nadal?

bdawg
06-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Moya has always played well against Nadal. However, this match is a best of five set affair. Does Moya have the physical endurance and game to beat Nadal on his favorite surface?

RedWeb
06-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Two chances... slim and none... and slim just left town. Moya = snowball.... Rafa = hell.

Zets147
06-05-2007, 02:41 PM
well, it's about time hell freezes over.. GOGO MOYA!

drakulie
06-05-2007, 02:41 PM
I would love to see a "blaze of glory" match from Moya, but I don't see it happening.

Ripper
06-05-2007, 02:43 PM
"Does Moya have a chance against Nadal?"

No.

TheTruth
06-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Nadal might get sick or hurt before the match, or injured during the match. Anything can happen.

Nadal_Freak
06-05-2007, 02:46 PM
If it was on hard courts Moya would have a chance. Not on clay though.

sureshs
06-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Does Moya have the physical endurance and game to beat Nadal on his favorite surface?

No.................

Feņa14
06-05-2007, 02:53 PM
If it was on hard courts Moya would have a chance. Not on clay though.

Yep, very true.

I can't see Nadal losing 3 sets in a match on clay to anyone but Federer.

sureshs
06-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Yep, very true.

I can't see Nadal losing 3 sets in a match on clay to anyone but Federer.

That won't happen either. The 1-6 beating up of Federer by Robredo in one set dashed any hopes I had that Federer might sneak past Nadal this year. I never watch those matches and have to prepare myself mentally to see the headline "Nadal tops Federer again" when I go online. It is a nerve-wracking experience. Wish he would somehow, some way, win this time and give us all a little peace. Then we can always say that he has made enough money, won all Slams, and does not have the motivation to beat Nadal anymore.

AAAA
06-05-2007, 03:03 PM
The question isn't whether Moya has a chance?

The question is will Moya even try to upset the Nadal-show?

I say no.

ilovecarlos
06-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Of course Carlos has a chance. He is also a FO winner, although it was 9 years ago. Clay is his favorite surface and he knows Rafa and his game very well. What worries me is his tendency to take a siesta from time to time...can't do that gainst Rafa...he must come out firing...he must keep his concentration and be aggressive. He must also stop running around so many backhands...It would be so great if he could win 1 more FO!!!!!
Vamos Carlos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voltron
06-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Although I doubt it will happen, I want to see him win.

The Gorilla
06-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Has anyine actually seen any of his matches this year?
I haven't, (in the french I mean).

bdawg
06-05-2007, 03:25 PM
It might have been Rome of 2006 but I saw Moya take Nadal to three sets. He also had a few break points to go up a break in the third set. He also beat Nadal at Miami or Indian well in 2006. He does have the ability to beat Nadal. However, I think Nadal is focused on this title, and just won't give Moya a chance.

Feņa14
06-05-2007, 03:32 PM
That won't happen either. The 1-6 beating up of Federer by Robredo in one set dashed any hopes I had that Federer might sneak past Nadal this year. I never watch those matches and have to prepare myself mentally to see the headline "Nadal tops Federer again" when I go online. It is a nerve-wracking experience. Wish he would somehow, some way, win this time and give us all a little peace. Then we can always say that he has made enough money, won all Slams, and does not have the motivation to beat Nadal anymore.

Yeah I expect Nadal to beat Federer if they meet in the final. That 1-6 beating he took today seemed to me like he just switched off but then he came back and played some of the tennis of the tournament in the 3rd and 4th, he was hitting the ball like he did in his last meeting with Nadal which was encouraging.

Nadal's stopped Federer from winning RG twice in a row, i'm quietly confident he won't make it 3 :)

lordmanji
06-05-2007, 04:19 PM
they're 2-3, with nadal leading. i'd say moya is the weaker player but has one big advantage: he was nadal's mentor. still, it is the french open and nadal will take no prisoners.

ferocious4hand
06-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Of all the players, Moya knows his boy the best. I'd give the edge to Nadal but it'll be a close one. Nadal in tight 4 sets

Polaris
06-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Carlos has no chance to win. All he can do is to try and make it less embarrassing for himself.

oscar_2424
06-05-2007, 04:33 PM
If moya wins, it has to be in straight sets, maybe 4 but no way in 5 he doesnt have the stamina.

SuperPhong
06-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Moya beating Nadal would be a feel good..underdog sports movie type of thing..but it ain't happening...but we can only hope...

Mark Vessels
06-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Moya has always played well against Nadal. However, this match is a best of five set affair. Does Moya have the physical endurance and game to beat Nadal on his favorite surface?

Ananlyzing the game, Moya is Nadal, Nadal is Moya. I am trying to say is that they know each other inside and out. Nadal has beaten Moya many times but notice how close the scores are.

The deadly topspin, lasso forehand from Nadal is what is going to make or break him. Moya is experienced and will look to see Nadal to come in a couple times. Nadal can't really exposee Moya's backhand as a lefty, and his high bouncing balls tend to land short so if Moya can hang with Nadal watch out.

Moya in 4

tlm
06-05-2007, 05:49 PM
I though hewitt would give rafa a run+ that didnt happen.But i cant see moya doing much against the king of clay.

federerfanatic
06-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Of course Carlos has a chance. He is also a FO winner, although it was 9 years ago. Clay is his favorite surface and he knows Rafa and his game very well. What worries me is his tendency to take a siesta from time to time...can't do that gainst Rafa...he must come out firing...he must keep his concentration and be aggressive. He must also stop running around so many backhands...It would be so great if he could win 1 more FO!!!!!
Vamos Carlos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find it funny how you call a mental vacation a siesta. ;)

J-man
06-05-2007, 06:10 PM
I don't think Moya has a chance at all to tell you the truth. Straight sets for Nadal

jaisrh
06-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Moya has very little chance to win but he could take a set off Nadal.

gugarafa
06-06-2007, 04:04 AM
it would be strange for moya to win and terrible too, it would be practically handing over the title to roger,rafa please win in straights

AAAA
06-06-2007, 07:55 AM
The question isn't whether Moya has a chance?

The question is will Moya even try to upset the Nadal-show?

I say no.

looks like I was wrong.

Batoussai
06-06-2007, 07:58 AM
looks like I was wrong.

Or maybe not :p

AAAA
06-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Or maybe not :p

I said they wouldn't play competitively in a different thread but they did. They showed more professionalism than I gave them credit for. I was wrong.