PDA

View Full Version : Pro Signatures?

nino1991
06-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Just curious, do any of you guys have signatures from your favorite players? I don't know how the other tournaments work but, living in the Montreal region I go to the Rogers Cup every year and it's actually pretty easy to get signatures from the players, though you might have to sacrifice the final game to get someone like Nadal or Sharapova. I've been pretty lucky so far, gotten Myskina's signature on a photo of her, gotten Hingis on her player's card, Kuznetsova, Safina, and last year's winner, Ivanovic. I've been pretty lucky to be sitting near the players so I never had to miss a moment to get the signature at the end, and I'm praying Safin will show up this year. SO do you guys have any signatures?

kingdaddy41788
06-05-2007, 05:38 PM
I have three tennis balls: Roger Federer on one, Andy Roddick on another, and Mike and Bob Bryan. Then I have a giant ball I had when I was a kid with Andre Agassi, Vince Spadea, and a few other guys signatures on it.

nino1991
06-05-2007, 05:42 PM
cool , I got signatures on a hat and a giant tennis ball and realized the problem was I couldn't remember who was who lol :p

Andres
06-05-2007, 05:43 PM
I have an argie flag signed by almost every significant argie pro, except Nalbandian

Gaudio, Coria, Cañas, Calleri, Acasuso, Chela, Zabaleta, Monaco, Del Potro and Zeballos (not significant, but a friend of mine :D)

kingdaddy41788
06-05-2007, 05:46 PM
that's awesome Andres. I wish I had something like that

nino1991
06-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Wow that's really cool Andres! I'd like to do the same with a Canadian flag but having one signature (Daniel Nestor) wouldn't be too impressive lol

Rhinomilk
06-05-2007, 05:51 PM
i have a tennis ball signed by marat safin when he was here at ucla...haha it's all i got

Andres
06-05-2007, 05:54 PM
I had the luck to train for a couple of months at the Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club, where most of the argies take a time there and hit a couple of balls. Of course, I carried my flag everytime with me :)

In fact, I hit with Chela once. 15 points. He won the first 14, I won the 15th with a SURPRISING dropshot off his 2nd serve (I was absolutely resignated by that time, lol).

He wasn't even trying. He was hitting balls at, probably, 70% of the speed of his normal rally speed, and I felt how his ball PUSHED MY RACQUET. Talking about a heavy ball, lol

Andres
06-05-2007, 05:55 PM
I never had the chance to see Nalbandian, though. He was never there :(

J-man
06-05-2007, 06:03 PM
I have three tennis balls: Roger Federer on one, Andy Roddick on another, and Mike and Bob Bryan. Then I have a giant ball I had when I was a kid with Andre Agassi, Vince Spadea, and a few other guys signatures on it.Vince seems like a really cool guy to talk to

Bogie
06-05-2007, 06:22 PM
i got hewitt, safin, benjamin becker, karlovic, schuettler, woodbridge, a few of andy murray and some pics with him, jamie murray, woodforde, tursunov and a few pics with him, luczak, draper, and alex bogomolov jr along with a few pics with him.

kingdaddy41788
06-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Vince seems like a really cool guy to talk to

Actually, he's hilarious!

jmsx521
06-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Roddick's signature happens to be on my racket. You can get one for $189:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCBAB-BPDR.html

Fee
06-05-2007, 07:23 PM
I never had the chance to see Nalbandian, though. He was never there :(

Did you check the lunchroom?

hoosierbr
06-05-2007, 07:32 PM
I got a few on my program at the 2005 US Open, mostly during practice. Let's see: Gasquet, Schuettler, Bjorkman, Grosjean, Thomas Johansson. All really nice guys. I was stunned at how short Grosjean is in person. I'm 5'9 and I'm taller than he is even though his ATP profile says he's 5'9. No way ToJo is 5'11 either. Almost got Guga but he was being mobbed but he seemed really friendly.

Ivo Karlovic, on the morning of his match against Agassi, was getting ready to practice and actually stopped talking to somebody on the court to walk over and sign my program. That was cool.

Also got Todd Martin and had a quick chat with him on the first night when Mardy played Karlovic. Donald Trump was at the match. He wasn't noticed most of the night but then people started taking things down to him to sign. He signed for everyone and was actually pretty friendly, especially to the kids who asked for his autograph.

Haven't gotten Gimelstob but we've exchanged a couple of emails on myspace. He seems really cool.

Fee
06-05-2007, 07:57 PM
He is (but I am incredibly biased). ;)

diegaa
06-05-2007, 08:54 PM
i have one of those big tennis balls signed by Ljubicic, Henman and Nadal. nothing too fantastic... :neutral:

Fred The Red
06-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Federer, Courier, Ferrero, Rosset, etc

Banana Burrito
06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Got a Roger Federer signature on his calender. They were selling them for AUS$29.95 at Niketown Melbourne after the Aus Open and I figured what the hell, I need a calender anyway.

machycar
06-05-2007, 11:19 PM
I have signature of Goran Ivanisevic, when I unexpectedly bumped into him at a gas station in Slovenia...

tursafinov
06-06-2007, 12:00 AM
I got a few on my program at the 2005 US Open, mostly during practice. Let's see: Gasquet, Schuettler, Bjorkman, Grosjean, Thomas Johansson. All really nice guys. I was stunned at how short Grosjean is in person. I'm 5'9 and I'm taller than he is even though his ATP profile says he's 5'9. No way ToJo is 5'11 either. Almost got Guga but he was being mobbed but he seemed really friendly.

Ivo Karlovic, on the morning of his match against Agassi, was getting ready to practice and actually stopped talking to somebody on the court to walk over and sign my program. That was cool.

Also got Todd Martin and had a quick chat with him on the first night when Mardy played Karlovic. Donald Trump was at the match. He wasn't noticed most of the night but then people started taking things down to him to sign. He signed for everyone and was actually pretty friendly, especially to the kids who asked for his autograph.

Haven't gotten Gimelstob but we've exchanged a couple of emails on myspace. He seems really cool.

AHHH Buddy we probably were within feet of each other and never knew it!

I was at 2005 US OPEN and got my suvenir shirt signed by great guys.

My very first signature was James Blake. I was in a crowd watching the practice courts and there was a whisper "James is coming." Well I sprinted over to the gates and sure enough There he was, like a giant to me, and surrounded by overweight guys in yellow security shirts.
I chased after him and practically pleaded, "James PLEASE sign my shirt...It's my BIRTHDAY! (and it actually was.)
He stopped and said, "Really?" and I was emphatic "YEAH!"
The security guys were rushing him away and he made them stop and took my shirt signed it and gave it back to me saying, "Hey, Happy Birthday."
I barely mustered a thank you because my jaw was hanging open completely overwhelmed.
I like to think that bit of good Karma got him to the Semis vs. Agassi.

Even better,
I was still hanging around the practice courts and people were going, "Hey, where's Roddick?" all the media people were saying he left out the back and I was Bummed. I was walking over by the Heiniken stand (If you've been there you know where it is) and I saw it.
RUNNING out of the front of the Arthur Ashe Building in Babolat All-Court Shoes and ASO ankle braces (that was the first thing I recognized) was ANDY RODDICK! in the flesh. It's a little more than a 17 year old guy seeing his Heroes for the first time can stand!
I ran right up to his side and asked him for his autograph and (I'm embarrassed thinking about it) he put his left hand up to the side of his face kind of ducking like, "oh sh1t i thought i could get to the court before somebody recognized me."
well he thought wrong. He just mumbled, "Aaaa I'll sign everyone when i finish practice. (I feel like he was already overwhelmed.) I followed him to... I think it was Court Five. and got in front row on his side where I saw Jurgen Melzer doing Soccer tricks with a tennis ball like Rhonaldino the Brazilian player.
Andy was like," Oh nice one." as Jurgen bounced it off his head.
There was a match on the next court and Doug Spreen the Physio was telling everyone if they kept quiet andy would sign them all after his practice.
I was amazed at how fast andy's right arm whips through the ball, It is really unreal. I never noticed until then that he has a long brown birthmark that goes from his right shouldar down his right tricep...oh yeah I saw that because he took his shirt off to make the girls scream. (especially the one next to me) when he serves not only did it nearly graze my face but he doesn't even look like he sees the toss and sweat literally "FLINGS" off of him like a spray.
Sure enough he went all the way around the court to sign for people. Some woman who must have arrived late was yelling,"Hey Andy Over Here!" and as a single body everyone on my side of the court turned to her direction and went, "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, idiot."
Andy's birthday is the day after mine. I told him Happy Birthday and he wished me Happy Birthday and signed my shirt.
coolest day of my life(despite the sunburn, always bring spf50 to USO)
and It's a good thing I got his signature then cause he lost first round to Guilles Muller.
That was a depressing night for me.
I think I'll call that Part One for now.

~Tursa

dubsplayer
06-06-2007, 05:16 AM
I didn't ask him for it but after Pat Rafter's last WTT match two years ago he came up to me and gave me his towel signed. He's known me for years (just from going to his matches & practices and I had chatted with him a bit the night before in NY.) That's the towel on his lap in my av. Had no idea when I was snapping the pics he would give it to me.

zapvor
06-06-2007, 03:04 PM

you mean donalod trump???

Voltron
06-06-2007, 03:07 PM
you mean donalod trump??? Who the hell is "Donalod Trump", I've heard of Donald Trump, but not this "Donalod" fellow. :confused::confused:;)

zapvor
06-06-2007, 03:08 PM
AHHH Buddy we probably were within feet of each other and never knew it!

I was at 2005 US OPEN and got my suvenir shirt signed by great guys.

My very first signature was James Blake. I was in a crowd watching the practice courts and there was a whisper "James is coming." Well I sprinted over to the gates and sure enough There he was, like a giant to me, and surrounded by overweight guys in yellow security shirts.
I chased after him and practically pleaded, "James PLEASE sign my shirt...It's my BIRTHDAY! (and it actually was.)
He stopped and said, "Really?" and I was emphatic "YEAH!"
The security guys were rushing him away and he made them stop and took my shirt signed it and gave it back to me saying, "Hey, Happy Birthday."
I barely mustered a thank you because my jaw was hanging open completely overwhelmed.
I like to think that bit of good Karma got him to the Semis vs. Agassi.

Even better,
I was still hanging around the practice courts and people were going, "Hey, where's Roddick?" all the media people were saying he left out the back and I was Bummed. I was walking over by the Heiniken stand (If you've been there you know where it is) and I saw it.
RUNNING out of the front of the Arthur Ashe Building in Babolat All-Court Shoes and ASO ankle braces (that was the first thing I recognized) was ANDY RODDICK! in the flesh. It's a little more than a 17 year old guy seeing his Heroes for the first time can stand!
I ran right up to his side and asked him for his autograph and (I'm embarrassed thinking about it) he put his left hand up to the side of his face kind of ducking like, "oh sh1t i thought i could get to the court before somebody recognized me."
well he thought wrong. He just mumbled, "Aaaa I'll sign everyone when i finish practice. (I feel like he was already overwhelmed.) I followed him to... I think it was Court Five. and got in front row on his side where I saw Jurgen Melzer doing Soccer tricks with a tennis ball like Rhonaldino the Brazilian player.
Andy was like," Oh nice one." as Jurgen bounced it off his head.
There was a match on the next court and Doug Spreen the Physio was telling everyone if they kept quiet andy would sign them all after his practice.
I was amazed at how fast andy's right arm whips through the ball, It is really unreal. I never noticed until then that he has a long brown birthmark that goes from his right shouldar down his right tricep...oh yeah I saw that because he took his shirt off to make the girls scream. (especially the one next to me) when he serves not only did it nearly graze my face but he doesn't even look like he sees the toss and sweat literally "FLINGS" off of him like a spray.
Sure enough he went all the way around the court to sign for people. Some woman who must have arrived late was yelling,"Hey Andy Over Here!" and as a single body everyone on my side of the court turned to her direction and went, "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, idiot."
Andy's birthday is the day after mine. I told him Happy Birthday and he wished me Happy Birthday and signed my shirt.
coolest day of my life(despite the sunburn, always bring spf50 to USO)
and It's a good thing I got his signature then cause he lost first round to Guilles Muller.
That was a depressing night for me.
I think I'll call that Part One for now.

~Tursa

haha good story. i love the part about the girl next to you screaming lol

zapvor
06-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Who the hell is "Donalod Trump", I've heard of Donald Trump, but not this "Donalod" fellow. :confused::confused:;)

argh...you always have to do this.

Kobble
06-06-2007, 05:46 PM
I had an Agassi ball for about 1/10 of second...before it bounced out of my hand. The guy who caught the ball was congratulated and said, "What the hell am I going to do with it?"

VGP
06-07-2007, 04:01 AM
Rod Laver, Ken Rosewall, Fred Stolle.

Emilio Sanchez, Kevin Curren.

Michael Chang signed tennis ball.

Elina
06-07-2007, 06:17 AM
I have loads of autographs from several players. I think I once counted that I have those from over 50 players. ;)

WhiteSox05CA
06-10-2007, 07:55 PM
I have a picture of Sampras holding up the trophy after winning the US Open in his last match- which is autographed. The closest I've ever gotten to meeting a top player was when I sat next to Nadal's Uncle Tony at the US Open.