PDA

View Full Version : The Key to Beating Federer

Doc Hollidae
06-05-2007, 08:08 PM
By Nikolay Davydenko

"Federer won in straight sets when they met in the semifinals of the U.S. Open last year. Davydenko has won only one set in their past five matches.

Still, he thinks he may have figured out the formula to beat Federer.

"Hit ball, make winners," Davydenko said. "Easy."

Taken from Yahoo Sports.

D-man
06-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Easy for who, now?

helloworld
06-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I don't know what the past results were, but Davydenko is playing some really good tennis recently and I think he has a shot against Federer.

alan-n
06-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Davydenko is right, unless you are Nadal with the lefty spin unlike anyone in the world you simply have to do what Safin is able to do in 2005... Hit a winner, expect Federer to return it, and hit another winner again to blow the ball past Federer. The problem is, who in the world can do this?

Doc Hollidae
06-05-2007, 08:24 PM
I don't know what the past results were, but Davydenko is playing some really good tennis recently and I think he has a shot against Federer.

Federer - 8
Davydenko - 0

psamp14
06-05-2007, 08:36 PM
davydenko is a very good player, but compared to federer, no one can match him except for nadal, and thats primarily on clay, where nadal is the undisputed king of clay

davydenko might have been joking when he said it

i was watching the espn live stream this morning and after the match he had a short interview as he was walking off the court, and on facing federer, he said something to the extent of being happy on being in the semifinals, and we'll see type of mentality, he was glad he won in 3 sets over canas to save energy to be able to hang with federer

pow
06-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Yea I believe that is sarcasm from Davydenko, the hit winners comment can be the strategy to beat everyone.

TennisandMusic
06-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Davydenko is lame. I hate this roll over and die attitude. Whatever happened to players hating each other and wanting to kill one another. Not that that is commendable behavior in the slightest, but at least people actually WANTED to beat the top player(s).

tennis_hand
06-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Davy should have a higher chance on clay than on hard surfaces.

garbage
06-05-2007, 09:44 PM
"Hit ball, make winners," Davydenko said. "Easy."

Did anyone else see the sarcasm in this?

alan-n
06-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Davydenko is lame. I hate this roll over and die attitude. Whatever happened to players hating each other and wanting to kill one another. Not that that is commendable behavior in the slightest, but at least people actually WANTED to beat the top player(s).

Past top players had some weakness or liability. Federer is the most complete player with all the shots to humble everyone even the great Agassi... So if anyone puts up an act like they can win but have an 0-5 record against Federer, it doesn't bode very well in an AP sports article.... of course Davydenko was being sarcastic.