PDA

View Full Version : Tennis ball hair

lidation
06-05-2007, 08:40 PM
I've been playing tennis for a few months so far. And recently I noticed an annoying fact: the moment your racquet hit the ball it generates a lot of hair. and since you are having such intense sport, you are breathing heavily and sometimes using your mouth to breathe. So I guess a lot of those hair ends up in my lung.

I'm wondering how you folks who have been playing for years doing. Do you feel breathing the fibers from the balls annoying? Or these tiny little things cause any health problems?

BTW, the balls I play is the average priced ones like the Wilson US Open, Penn3, Penn2 balls. So it's not a quality of the balls.

Broken string
06-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Think of all the particals that you see in the air on any given day, especilly on a sunny day cottonwood an other pollens they are annoying but by and large not dangerous. These particals are encapsillated in mucus / phlem and make thier way through ones system

Jerry

dandz
06-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Very interesting.
Although I'm not sure that I've cough up as many 'fuzz balls' as a cat would 'hair balls', I would be concerned with what toxic chemicals that fuzz may carry into your body, as there is a lot more than cotton fiber that goes into the construction and coloring of a tennis ball.
And what is more discerning is all the people who continue to guzzle tap water out of freshly opened ball cans, Ugh. Perhaps the two toxic materials cancel each other out? They are all still alive, right?
I need to do some more research.
Perhaps it's a case for using old balls. What ever happened to those air injecter gizmos?

Serve em Up
06-06-2007, 03:39 AM
Dude,

There's alot worse stuff than tennis ball hair that cam harm you in the world. Go worry about something worth worrying about .

OrangeOne
06-06-2007, 03:46 AM
I've been playing tennis for a few months so far. And recently I noticed an annoying fact: the moment your racquet hit the ball it generates a lot of hair. and since you are having such intense sport, you are breathing heavily and sometimes using your mouth to breathe. So I guess a lot of those hair ends up in my lung.

Have you ever breathed when using a public toilet? Stop and think about that for a moment, and then stop worrying about the ridiculous....

fearless1
06-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Coal miners become afflicted with a condition commonly known as "black lung". For tennis players, the condition is called "yellow lung".

tennis-n-sc
06-06-2007, 12:55 PM
I personally play in a self-contained breathing appratus mask to avoid the toxic yellow hair particles emitted from tennis balls following a vicious forehand. I also wear this device into public restrooms and coal mines. Seems to have worked so far.

dcottrill
06-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Have you ever breathed when using a public toilet? Stop and think about that for a moment...

Thanks for ruining my day!!! :shock: