PDA

View Full Version : Federer Assured of Final Berth

tennisfanatic
06-06-2007, 02:01 AM
I don't think Davydenko stands any chance against Fed... Thus Fed IMO is already assured of a place in the Finals.:p

Duzza
06-06-2007, 02:10 AM
Woah you figured that out all by yourself?

tennisfanatic
06-06-2007, 02:13 AM
Woah you figured that out all by yourself?

o yeah o yeah...:D

Duzza
06-06-2007, 02:23 AM
But seriously, 8-0 against Nikolay. As much as I love Davydenko he is screwed.

And Re: Other Thread. Nadal will beat Djokovic sorry :(

tennisfanatic
06-06-2007, 02:59 AM
But seriously, 8-0 against Nikolay. As much as I love Davydenko he is screwed.

And Re: Other Thread. Nadal will beat Djokovic sorry :(

well lets just see:grin:

helloworld
06-06-2007, 03:03 AM
Davydenko is a changed man and I believe he has a shot against Fed this time.

dh003i
06-06-2007, 04:18 AM
helloworld,

Just like Roddick, or Djoko at the AO, right?

Buuurnz
06-06-2007, 04:41 AM
dawidenko is playing some incredible good tennis...we gonna have to wait and see if he doesnt stand a chance against fed!

kimizz
06-06-2007, 04:46 AM
Im not sure if Davydenko can win. I just hope that for once someone(apart from Nadal) will play a match against Roger without choking. I believe that many players could challenge Roger(challenge but not win) if they believed in themselves and didnt choke. Nadal has clearly shown how Roger might get into a bad mood if you just fight back at him.

If Davydenko plays at hes best level I think there will be 4-5 sets and the game will last over 3hours.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-06-2007, 05:14 AM
I don't think Davydenko stands any chance against Fed... Thus Fed IMO is already assured of a place in the Finals.:p

Stranger things have happened

federerfanatic
06-06-2007, 05:20 AM
Im not sure if Davydenko can win. I just hope that for once someone(apart from Nadal) will play a match against Roger without choking. I believe that many players could challenge Roger(challenge but not win) if they believed in themselves and didnt choke. Nadal has clearly shown how Roger might get into a bad mood if you just fight back at him.

If Davydenko plays at hes best level I think there will be 4-5 sets and the game will last over 3hours.

Nadal has the most success of anyone vs Federer since:

1)He is the 2nd best player in the world
2)He is very lucky to have 6 of their matches on clay which most favor him, and only 1 on grass which most favors Roger
3)He is a bad matchup for Roger, which is hard to be

Of course no other player will have anywhere near the same success. No other player has anymore then 1 of the 3 things above going for them.

Povl Carstensen
06-06-2007, 07:08 AM
I think it takes some of the fun and exitment out to say that someone iss "assured of a place in a final". It's the most basic mistake of sportscommentators when they judge the outcome prematurely ("Denmark on their way to victory in the..."). It should be rule or lesson nr 1 for aspiring sportscasters not to do so. What if the player breaks a leg, or the team catches fire?

kimizz
06-06-2007, 07:56 AM

2)He is very lucky to have 6 of their matches on clay which most favor him, and only 1 on grass which most favors Roger

Of course no other player will have anywhere near the same success. No other player has anymore then 1 of the 3 things above going for them.

It doesnt matter what surface they(nadal,federer) play, Nadal is always fighting for the victory and believes its possible. The wimbledon final showed what I mean. The odds where against Nadal and the match was relatively easy(easy when comparing all the clay encounters) for Roger but still Nadal fought to the end and showed hes best grass performance. This is what annoyes me in other players...Youzhny or Robredo, they could have challenged Roger more than they did but they are just a bunch of chokers.

It doesnt matter if Davydenko loses the SF (actually I want a nadal-federer final) I just want a good match where the nr1 is challenged, It sucks to see the "prime" of the atp sucking so bad against Federer.

jrachiever
06-06-2007, 07:58 AM

It isn't really "lucky" that they haven't played more on grass because there's not much grass court tennis out there to be played. Nobody plays a lot of head to head matches on grass.

I guess you could say he's lucky they haven't played more on hard courts because when Nadal hasn't played his best on hard courts he usually gets smoked by Berdych or Blake before he gets the chance to get punished by Fed.

ACE of Hearts
06-06-2007, 07:59 AM
It all depends on which Federer shows up.Someone mentioned that Davydenko hits a flat ball which Roger loves. to cream!