PDA

View Full Version : Nadal is too one dimensional to beat Djokovich, yes, even on clay!

Tennis_Maestro
06-06-2007, 08:08 AM
I honestly believe Djokovich has both the game and tennis brain to out wit against Nadal's heavy topspin.

Moya proved Nadal finds it extremely uncomfortable when made to play in front of the service line (picking up drop shots etc) and i believe Djokovich has the sense of tennis mind to know exactly how to combat Nadal. He will take Nadal's groundstrokes as soon as they go on the rise. (Almost on the half volley - So they don't spin away from him)

Hopefully this will be the case, and the final will be competed between 2 "tennis players" in Federer and Djokovich.

RafaN RichardG
06-06-2007, 08:10 AM
i think he can beat nadal, but i dont really like the way you put it.
nadal IS a "tennis player", and it wont be as easy as you say. nadal is the favorite in that match regardless.
he lost to nadal easily on clay 2-6, 3-6 at the Inter****onali BNL d'Italia just a few weeks ago
in 5 sets nadal is probably even better
i think djokovic is capable of it, but so far hes done nothing to show that he'll pull through

arnz
06-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Well they've played 4 times, the two times on clay werent even close as Nadal demolished him. Even on hard court, they're even at one a piece.

forzainter
06-06-2007, 08:13 AM
doy ou not remember rome this year?

Tennis_Maestro
i think he can beat nadal, but i dont like the way you put it.
nadal IS a "tennis player", and it wont be as easy as you put it. nadal is the favorite in that match regardless

May be to you, but in my eyes, he's a ball basher, hence why he has barely any success on any surfaces faster than clay. (He had an easy draw in Wimbledon last year)

helloworld
Go away troll !

Tennis_Maestro
06-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Go away troll !

Troll? Can no one have an opinion around here? :-D Idiot.

Tennis_Maestro
06-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Well they've played 4 times, the two times on clay werent even close as Nadal demolished him. Even on hard court, they're even at one a piece.

I've been seeing him play over the course of this season and to me his game has very much matured. It looked as if he was even holding back slightly in his quarter final today. Watching him play is reminding me of young 20/21 yr old Federer.

arnz
06-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Your title is so misleading, because not only has Nadal got the game to beat djokovic on clay, but he already has, twice in fact. I dont deny that Djokovich is a great player, but change your title

RafaN RichardG
06-06-2007, 08:19 AM
May be to you, but in my eyes, he's a ball basher, hence why he has barely any success on any surfaces faster than clay. (He had an easy draw in Wimbledon last year)

its never easy to make it to a grand slam final
especially if you're too "one dimensional" to play on anything but clay

Tennis_Maestro
06-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Your title is so misleading, because not only has Nadal got the game to beat djokovic on clay, but he already has, twice in fact. I dont deny that Djokovich is a great player, but change your title

Its misleading now, and i can understand that, considering the unquestionable record Nadal has on clay and especially the French Open.

However, after the 4/5 set thriller on Friday you might not be finding it as misleading as you do now. ;)

PS: If Nadal comes through, i'll take my hat off and edit the title.

arnz
06-06-2007, 08:29 AM
I will bet you right now your favorite racquet vs my fav racquet that Nadal will win. Brand new racquet from TW!!! Your choice if he wins, my choice if nadal wins. Put up or shut up LOL

Tennis_Maestro
06-06-2007, 08:31 AM
I will bet you right now your favorite racquet vs my fav racquet that Nadal will win. Brand new racquet from TW!!! Your choice if he wins, my choice if nadal wins. Put up or shut up LOL

Okay. I'll put up my Head Flexpoint Prestige Mid Plus. £120 in most shops i got it for £100.

What's yours? :confused:

WhiteSox05CA
06-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Moya proved what? He lost like 6-4 6-3 6-0. Nadal is rolling- even better than Federer. I agree that Djokovic can beat Nadal- just not on clay, and not this week.

arnz
06-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Pick a racquet from TW's line up thats the same value. Your racquet is used, so that diminishes its value. Can't you put up the cash for a brand new one? LOL I want a brand new racquet

rounick
06-06-2007, 08:36 AM
i think he can beat nadal, but i dont really like the way you put it.
nadal IS a "tennis player", and it wont be as easy as you say. nadal is the favorite in that match regardless.
he lost to nadal easily on clay 2-6, 3-6 at the Inter****onali BNL d'Italia just a few weeks ago
in 5 sets nadal is probably even better
i think djokovic is capable of it, but so far hes done nothing to show that he'll pull through

Completely out of context,and I'm sorry,but why on earth is the word "Internationali" censored????!!!!!???????:confused:

Tennis_Maestro
06-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Pick a racquet from TW's line up thats the same value. Your racquet is used, so that diminishes its value. Can't you put up the cash for a brand new one? LOL I want a brand new racquet

Well, i have 4 as i play competetively at county level right now, 2 from which are practically brand new (just need manufacturers strings taken out) and the other two i have both used, both strung at different tensions.

What does TW stand for btw? Tennis Wilson?:confused:

Rabbit
06-06-2007, 08:40 AM
The single dimensionality of Nads' game may be what makes him so unbeatable on clay. He does one thing and does it better than anybody else in the world, he plays defense on clay. He has the wheels to get into postion, he has the topspin that keeps the ball deep and inside the lines, and he has the mental single mindedness (one dimension?) to stay out there as long as it takes for the other guy to miss, wear down, lose interest, collapse, whatever.

Rabbit
06-06-2007, 08:40 AM
What does TW stand for btw? Tennis Wilson?:confused:

Look at the top of the page.....you cannot be serious...

Tennis_Maestro
06-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Moya proved what? He lost like 6-4 6-3 6-0. Nadal is rolling- even better than Federer. I agree that Djokovic can beat Nadal- just not on clay, and not this week.

Quit going by the blimming score! Did you not watch the match? In some rallies when Moya mixed it up with drop shots and slices, Nadal struggled! and if Moya could volley as good as he hits his forehand he would have definetely one atleast a set.

Djokovich has a very good touch! He's 10 times the volleyier Moya is and can also hit from the back of the court.

armand
06-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Its misleading now, and i can understand that, considering the unquestionable record Nadal has on clay and especially the French Open.

However, after the 4/5 set thriller on Friday you might not be finding it as misleading as you do now. ;)

PS: If Nadal comes through, i'll take my hat off and edit the title.That's weak. If you really believe in the Joker, you'll quit this board forever if Nadal wins.

Tennis_Maestro
06-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Look at the top of the page.....you cannot be serious...

Okay, i shall have a look at what they have on offer..

zampano
06-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Completely out of context,and I'm sorry,but why on earth is the word "Internationali" censored????!!!!!???????:confused:

you wrote it wrong. in italian it's "interna Zionali" probably "na zi" is censored.

Tennis_Maestro
06-06-2007, 08:58 AM
I think i'll go for Djokovich's current racket. Wilson nBlade nCode :p

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-NBLD.html

donych86
06-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Djokovic may have the ability to beat Nadal but maybe not in this year french open. Nadal is not one dimensional btw. He able to create a lot of angle shots, retrieve a lot of balls ,move well on clay court and also able to play well close to net too if u notice that in the match with hewitt. And these days, he has started to slice the balls more often too, not just hitting or striking behind the baseline.

Moreover his mental is tough, the desire to win :)

by
http://www.donychstyle.blogspot.com/

Andres
06-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Specially with his 3 hardcourt master series titles. Riiiiiight.

Tennis_Maestro
06-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Specially with his 3 hardcourt master series titles. Riiiiiight.

Notice i mentioned the word "barely"

Andres
06-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Notice i mentioned the word "barely"
Barely would be a couple of QF in the MS shields. Not three titles.
It's like saying Rios barely won anything on clay cause he ONLY HAS 3 clay MS titles.

Safin has two hardcourts MS titles (Madrid-Toronto). And only two indoor carpet MS titles (Paris, twice). Apparently he can BARELY win anything on those surfaces

arnz
06-06-2007, 09:14 AM
I want a Gamma Big Bubba!!! ;)

Tennis_Maestro
06-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Barely would be a couple of QF in the MS shields. Not three titles.
It's like saying Rios barely won anything on clay cause he ONLY HAS 3 clay MS titles.

Safin has two hardcourts MS titles (Madrid-Toronto). And only two indoor carpet MS titles (Paris, twice). Apparently he can BARELY win anything on those surfaces

Alright, i don't think you quite understand where i'm coming from here. So let me explain again. When i say "barely" i am taking in to great consideration Nadal's success on clay and comparing it to that of his success on other surfaces. Now compared to howmany titles he's won on clay, he REALLY HAS won barely anything on other surfaces.

Now do you understand?

Actually let me rephrase that.

Its why he has not "dominated" on any surfaces other than clay.

He'll never be an all rounder. (i.e. Andre Aggasi, Pete Sampras, Roger Federer, Bjorn Bjorg, John Mcenroe etc etc)

gshaffer23
06-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Nadal in three.... and then Djokovic will tell us why he was the better player but lost for some reason.

Tennis_Maestro
06-06-2007, 09:17 AM
I want a Gamma Big Bubba!!! ;)

Come again?

Bjorn99
06-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Nadal is too fast on clay for Dok. No way Dok wins on clay, unless the fix is in. And I think the fix is in for either Davydenko or Federer to take the French. For the sake of the sport. And then the fix would be in for Nadal to take the US.

arnz
06-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Come again?

Apparently sir you have not been privy to the secrets of success in the pro ranks. A larger headed frame will prevent shanking of the balls, and will allow even an average player to beat Federer or Nadal

tintin
06-06-2007, 09:25 AM
question is can Djokovic continually serve as well as he has been for 3-4 hours?
Does he have it in him to run 10-20 balls down to win a point?
will he be ready to fight that long
be that strong
that patient
be agressive
attack well
will he,mentally be ready to be in his first Slam semis again Nadal,no less and on clay?
:confused:

Tennis_Maestro
06-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Apparently sir you have not been privy to the secrets of success in the pro ranks. A larger headed frame will prevent shanking of the balls, and will allow even an average player to beat Federer or Nadal

LOL! How did "Gamma a bigga one pappa!" tell me that?

I'll give you one of my Head Prestige Flexpoint Mid Plus's with a blimming head size of 98inches, which is just below the average standardized size of 101inches.

Tennis_Maestro
06-06-2007, 09:29 AM
question is can Djokovic continually serve as well as he has been for 3-4 hours?
Does he have it in him to run 10-20 balls down to win a point?
will he be ready to fight that long
be that strong
that patient
be agressive
attack well
will he,mentally be ready to be in his first Slam semis again Nadal,no less and on clay?
:confused:

I believe so. He is a very physically fit guy! Just because he doesn't flaunt it, like "Mr Motivator" a.k.a Cut Sleeved Nadal doesn't mean he isn't fit.

rounick
06-06-2007, 09:29 AM
you wrote it wrong. in italian it's "interna Zionali" probably "na zi" is censored.

I stand corrected..

On subject,

I believe that Djokovic will put up a good fight,but lose eventually..He doesn't have a good enough serve-yet-to beat Nadal.I think that in order to beat Nadal,you GOTTA have a big serve,plus a great backhand.

I'm guessin' Fed-Nadal again,but I'm also guessing it's gonna be quite a different final time around..

TheTruth
06-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Don't understand the comparison to Federer at age 20-21. At 20-21 Federer only had a couple of titles, 3 I think, and no grand slams at all. If you're talking age wise, Nadal is two years on horseback ahead of Federer!

The two years on horseback came from the commentary booth although they used days. I thought that was so funny!

Attila the tennis Bum
I think a one dimensional game is exactly what you need to win the French. Just take a look at Borg,Wilander,Chang,Courier,Agassi, and of course Nadal.

The problem for Nadal this year is that by coming to the net more often he is no longer a one dimensional player and that scares me .

tintin
I believe so. He is a very physically fit guy! Just because he doesn't flaunt it, like "Mr Motivator" a.k.a Cut Sleeved Nadal doesn't mean he isn't fit.

I don't question his self belief at all.I really think that deep down,Djokovic thinks he can take down Nadal and Federer but really this is clay and again the circumstances are different for Djokovic.
Nadal's been in semis and slam finals before but this is new territory for young Novak.
So one has to wonder if the occasion won't go to his head?

Tennis_Maestro
06-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Don't understand the comparison to Federer at age 20-21. At 20-21 Federer only had a couple of titles, 3 I think, and no grand slams at all. If you're talking age wise, Nadal is two years on horseback ahead of Federer!

The two years on horseback came from the commentary booth although they used days. I thought that was so funny!

Federer won his first Wimbledon Grandslam @ 21. Anyway just as Federer didn't win more than one slam at that age doesn't mean to state there isn’t a reminiscence between the potential Djokovich is displaying now and the potential Federer was displaying back then.

tintin
06-06-2007, 09:50 AM
l.

The problem for Nadal this year is that by coming to the net more often he is no longer a one dimensional player and that scares me .

well if Nadal is so one dimentional,that has to make you wonder what to qualify Roddick?:mrgreen:
hell Nadal is hitting way better volleys than Roddick these days.

Tennis_Maestro
06-06-2007, 09:50 AM
I don't question his self belief at all.I really think that deep down,Djokovic thinks he can take down Nadal and Federer but really this is clay and again the circumstances are different for Djokovic.
Nadal's been in semis and slam finals before but this is new territory for young Novak.
So one has to wonder if the occasion won't go to his head?

I know EXACTLY what your saying. That is my only fear! Djokovich freezing on the big stage! Hopefully he is mentally strong enough to play his natural game and not get too over rawed by the whole situation.

As previous posters have said, if his first serve is up to the percentage it was today, then he stands every chance of squeezing it in 5 sets.

tintin
06-06-2007, 09:53 AM
I know EXACTLY what your saying. That is my only fear! Djokovich freezing on the big stage! Hopefully he is mentally strong enough to play his natural game and not get too over rawed by the whole situation.

As previous posters have said, if his first serve is up to the percentage it was today, then he stands every chance of squeezing it in 5 sets.

yeh but he would have to play out of his arse to do that so...

Tennis_Maestro
06-06-2007, 09:58 AM
yeh but he would have to play out of his arse to do that so...

Why? He served @ that percentage today? Who to say he couldn't keep up that level for further 2 extra sets? (20-25 games)

l_gonzalez
06-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Nadal in 3. He is smoking hot. I rate Djokovic, he has a a nice game and on paper you'd think he has the game to beat Nadal...

Big serve
Solid backhand
Big Forehand
Good movement and speed
Good tennis brain

But Nadal, the one you call a one-dimensional ball-basher is just too good on clay.

I watched the Moya match today, and yes, Nadal lost the majority of the points when Moya used the dropshot, but from what I've seen of Djokovic at Roland Garros this year, his dropshot is not good.

The bottom line is that to win a single point against Nadal you have to be willing to work incredibly hard (as we saw in the Moya match today)

The other option is that you have to be seeing the ball the size of a watermelon and have the ability to hit clean winners against Nadal, either from the back or by coming to the net. The only person i've seen do that is Federer (first set of final last year and at Hamburg - but my personal opinion is that Nadal wasn't at his best in Hamburg)

Djokovic will not be able to keep up the necessary work rate or concentration to beat Nadal tactically, nor will he be able to blow him off the court... for one set, maybe.... 3 sets, no chance.

tintin
06-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Why? He served @ that percentage today? Who to say he couldn't keep up that level for further 2 extra sets? (20-25 games)

Tennis come on mate,there is a world of difference between Andreev who plays well on clay,no doubt to trash that one dimensional hard court player who stinks on clay like Roddick and Nadal who has won everything on clay that has come his way.You know what I mean

Nadal_Freak
06-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Nadal is anything but one dimensional. Nadal can hit flatten his shots, slice, come to the net, and has a solid backhand. His only weakness is his serve and that has improved from what it used to be. Nadal owns Djokovic on clay as well. I thought Andreev would've bothered Nadal more.

Zaragoza
06-06-2007, 01:26 PM
If this is a Tennis Maestro I feel sorry for his pupils.
It´s impossible to make more ridiculous statements in a few lines.
LOL at the one dimensional game. Look at Rafa and learn from him.

sureshs
06-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Nadal's 1 dimension:

1. One of the best forehand topspins in the world, the best as far as kick goes

2. Unbelievable backhand with angled cross court and passes - superior to Federer as admitted by JMac this morning on TTC

3. One of the best inside-out forehands

4. One of the fastest movers on the court

5. The most stamina

6. The most consistent

Morrissey
06-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Nadal's 1 dimension:

1. One of the best forehand topspins in the world, the best as far as kick goes

2. Unbelievable backhand with angled cross court and passes - superior to Federer as admitted by JMac this morning on TTC

3. One of the best inside-out forehands

4. One of the fastest movers on the court

5. The most stamina

6. The most consistent

You forget to add mental strength that some folks like Safin wishes he had and those balls that Fed wishes he had as well.

SuperPhong
06-06-2007, 02:45 PM
You forget to add mental strength that some folks like Safin wishes he had and those balls that Fed wishes he had as well.

Why u have to be hating on Safin and Fed...I thought this thread was about Djoke and Nads...and of course the majority of us tennis fans would not consider Nads a one dimensional player...he's got plenty of game to be where he's at but to say that Fed has no balls...all pros that go out there and battle it out all have balls.

tricky
06-06-2007, 02:53 PM
One of the joys with watching Nadal right now is observing how he's working on his game. His serve isn't a weapon per se, but it's SO much better than it used to be.

Lest we forget; during Wimbledon last year, he approached the net more times than Federer for the entire 2 weeks.

rrhstennis
06-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Last I checked it takes balls to go 10-1 in slam finals and never choke out of one just because of the pressure. (I don't believe Fed's FO loss last year had much to do with pressure choking him, as witnessed by the first set. Nadal simply played very well. Very, very well.)

oscar_2424
06-06-2007, 03:07 PM
I honestly believe Djokovich has both the game and tennis brain to out wit against Nadal's heavy topspin.

Moya proved Nadal finds it extremely uncomfortable when made to play in front of the service line (picking up drop shots etc) and i believe Djokovich has the sense of tennis mind to know exactly how to combat Nadal. He will take Nadal's groundstrokes as soon as they go on the rise. (Almost on the half volley - So they don't spin away from him)

Hopefully this will be the case, and the final will be competed between 2 "tennis players" in Federer and Djokovich.

and u call yourself maestro...

tricky
06-06-2007, 03:22 PM
When Nadal faces Joker, he's probably facing the opponent with the best BH. In fact, against his topspin and this surface, Joker's 2H BH is probably the most BH he'll face including Federer, one where he can dial DTL shots. Joker also moves very, very well for his height, and he'll read Nadal pretty well.

That all said, Nadal probably wins in straight sets.

Lee James
06-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Can't believe this is even a conversation....Nadal in 3.

TheTruth
06-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Federer won his first Wimbledon Grandslam @ 21. Anyway just as Federer didn't win more than one slam at that age doesn't mean to state there isn’t a reminiscence between the potential Djokovich is displaying now and the potential Federer was displaying back then.

My statement still holds true. Nadal just turned 21 during this tournament. Federer was one month shy of his 22nd birthday when he won Wimbledon. That means Nadal has ten months to go to be Fed's age and he has already won 2 slams. Djokovic has almost two years to go to reach that cornerstone.

Now, I am not saying this to down Federer, what I am saying is some people need to give these young guns a fighting chance. Their early results are exemplary by anyone's standards, including Federer. Your statement is true too, current success is no indicator of future success. It just seems like many of these posters bash everyone who doesn't acquiesce to their will, and some days...I'm not in the mood for it. I love a lively debate, but sarcasm, mud-slinging, I'm not with that. Stating your case in a decent manner will work every time. Thank you for your non-defensive post!

This is excerpted from an article on Djokovic on ESPN today.

Roger Federer reached his first Grand Slam semifinal one month shy of his 22nd birthday. Federer, of course, won that 2003 Wimbledon title, but the fact remains Djokovic has crossed the threshold of a major semifinal nearly two years earlier than Federer did.

LarougeNY
06-06-2007, 07:09 PM
My statement still holds true. Nadal just turned 21 during this tournament. Federer was one month shy of his 22nd birthday when he won Wimbledon. That means Nadal has ten months to go to be Fed's age and he has already won 2 slams. Djokovic has almost two years to go to reach that cornerstone.

Now, I am not saying this to down Federer, what I am saying is some people need to give these young guns a fighting chance. Their early results are exemplary by anyone's standards, including Federer. Your statement is true too, current success is no indicator of future success. It just seems like many of these posters bash everyone who doesn't acquiesce to their will, and some days...I'm not in the mood for it. I love a lively debate, but sarcasm, mud-slinging, I'm not with that. Stating your case in a decent manner will work every time. Thank you for your non-defensive post!

This is excerpted from an article on Djokovic on ESPN today.

Roger Federer reached his first Grand Slam semifinal one month shy of his 22nd birthday. Federer, of course, won that 2003 Wimbledon title, but the fact remains Djokovic has crossed the threshold of a major semifinal nearly two years earlier than Federer did.

You really can't compare them. Nadal rose and won a GS when there was a single dominator (FED), whereas FED had to compete with agassi, sampras, safin, hewitt, and other players I forget. They're too different to begin to compare, who knows what would've happened if Nadal grew up playing Sampras and Agassi and Safin at their primes, or even hewitt at his prime. Or fererro at his prime. Trust me, things would be very different if that occured.
Today however he is undoubtedly the second best in the world, by a longshot.

J-man
06-06-2007, 07:11 PM

Hopefully this will be the case, and the final will be competed between 2 "tennis players" in Federer and Djokovich.Taking the ball on the rise against Nadal is very smart. But it's diffcult to do consistantly on clay with the bad bounces

tennishead93
06-06-2007, 07:30 PM

are u freakin kidding me. nojoke is going to be a slam chapion. 08 usopen suckas

tennishead93
06-06-2007, 07:35 PM
if djokovic just plays his heart and soul out he can beat nadal. i have faith in him.

rrhstennis
06-06-2007, 07:42 PM
are u freakin kidding me. nojoke is going to be a slam chapion. 08 usopen suckas

I believe that the comment this is a response to referred to Nadal being a ball basher, not Joke-o. And if Novak is going to win multiple slams, I think his first will likely be sooner than 08 US Open, seems like he is entering his prime to me. (And as we all know, the prime is not 23-27, or 22-26, it's different for every player, starts and ends differently, and last a different amount of time.)

naffi
06-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Wanna talk about an easy draw? Had you noticed Djokovic's draw this tournament? The toughest opponent he faced was Andreev, who he handled, yes, but he also struggled against a French nobody.
Nadal, if I'm not mistaken, has beaten Djokovic this season on clay, and after Djokovic gave him a butt-kicking in Miami. Plus, Nadal is looking better with every match.
I hope you weren't too attached to that racquet.

All this crappy commentary makes me ask something I never thought I would: Where's Tracy Austin? I can't believe I just wrote that.
******************.blogspot.com

tennis_hand
06-06-2007, 08:02 PM
One-dimensional he is, he does it very well. As long as you execute your one-dimensional very well, you win games and there is almost nothing your opponent can do. Nadal is this example.

Ruuzo
06-06-2007, 10:24 PM
the oddsmakers say djokovic has almost no chance...+750/-1200 on wsex.com...if you really think djokovic can win then bet $20 and make $150...

crazylevity
06-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah, it's better than making bets on this board. They never pay up. Still waiting for my dollar from...whoever that was.

jukka1970
06-06-2007, 11:04 PM

I agree like others that Djokovich has the game to push Nadal to his extremes, and it will hopefully produce one heck of a semi-finals. I don't think you're being fair to Nadal in your last statement. Sorry but the number 2 player in the world is indeed a great tennis player, and has proven it on more then just clay.

Jukka

TheTruth
06-07-2007, 12:01 AM
You really can't compare them. Nadal rose and won a GS when there was a single dominator (FED), whereas FED had to compete with agassi, sampras, safin, hewitt, and other players I forget. They're too different to begin to compare, who knows what would've happened if Nadal grew up playing Sampras and Agassi and Safin at their primes, or even hewitt at his prime. Or fererro at his prime. Trust me, things would be very different if that occured.
Today however he is undoubtedly the second best in the world, by a longshot.

I totally agree with you. I was posting to someone who made a ridiculous claim that made no sense to me. I do not believe in comparisons, period. All factors change the end result. I believe the young guns should be allowed to mature, gain experience with the professional tour and its many different opponents as they hone their own games. Nadal, Novak, Federer, Blake, etc. are all different players. I don't make outrageous claims as to their futures, their pasts, or their accomplishments. Every player is different and should be respected for what they bring to the tour. However, some people are so blinded by their love for Federer they think they can attack players, posters, and anyone else who doesn't agree with their opinion. Those people I may say something to, but overall, I just like talking about tennis and hate having to defend my own opinion. I don't go around hunting posters down because they don't agree with me. I truly believe they have a right.

BigGriff
06-07-2007, 12:45 AM
I am not a Nadal fanatic but "someone" needs to get their facts straight before they post nonsense.

Nadal has a much improved backhand that caused Moya problems. His ability to cover the court is phenomenal. When Nadal approaches the net, he wins a high percentage of the points. Nadal is getting a high percentage of first serves in and returning serve effectively.

Nadal's game will translate into more wins on faster surfaces if his body holds up.

So far 2007 has been a good year for the "one dimensional" player.

laurie
06-07-2007, 01:48 AM
I'm in Paris at the moment. I was at Phillipe Chatrier yesterday, saw Djokovic play Andreev and Nadal play Moya. Both wins were impressive.

But Nadal was particularly impressive. It's the first time I saw him play live and even when his shots drop midcourt, they have so much topspin that they still bounce very high so it's very difficult to attack him off short balls. Nadal is also extremely quick and covers one half of the court, he feels he can get to the forehand side when posed a question of the opponent hitting down the lines. Whenever Moya came to net he had an answer.

Novak has his work cut off. However, Nadal hasn't dropped a set, seems really fresh and I think revenge is on his mind. The sun is hot here and if he plays Federer on Sunday, Federer has his work cut out.

I think the high balls to Federer's backhand could make the difference again, Moya couldn't handle that either, and when Federer gets frustrated, he runs around it to hit the forehand and makes even more errors - it will be a fascinating tactical battle should they both meet.

I thought Nadal was fun to watch and wouldn't consider him one dimensional. He's not an all court player yet but he's trying to improve his game all the time which is commendable.

Morrissey
06-07-2007, 06:07 AM
After reading the title we may have our first Joker troll.

Morrissey
06-07-2007, 06:10 AM
the oddsmakers say djokovic has almost no chance...+750/-1200 on wsex.com...if you really think djokovic can win then bet $20 and make $150...

Yeah pretty much. I´d like that maestro put his money where his mouth is. He´ll be pretty quiet then. I guarantee one bets a huge sum of money on this match tomorrow he won´t be running to take that bet.

arnz
06-07-2007, 06:21 AM
I honestly dont expect to be able to collect from this guy, probably someone who'd disappear as soon as I win the bet.

BigGriff
06-07-2007, 06:25 AM
After reading the title we may have our first Joker troll.

I agree. I think he wants his post count to go up.

rommil
06-07-2007, 07:17 AM

wsex.com? I hope it's about tennis lol...

Gugarocks
06-07-2007, 11:24 AM
I think it's gonna be like this :

Djokovic trying to play agressive, but Nadal able to return every shot with high spin balls. I think Djokovic can beat him on grass and hard courts, but Nadal is able to return the shots on clay and he'll win in 3 sets.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Nadal wil dismiss the young Serb with ease...

Tennis_Nickmo
06-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Strange, the minute his ideas were savaged by everyone else, he suddenly disappeared...how odd! Anyhow, Djokovic will possibly win a set tomorrow, but win the match, as if. I'm not particularly fond of Nadal, but Djokovic will still be hammered, or at least lose. Fed's the only one that can trouble Nadal seriously on clay, and even then, he has to be at 100% at least :)

Morrissey
06-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Every player is different and should be respected for what they bring to the tour. However, some people are so blinded by their love for Federer they think they can attack players, posters, and anyone else who doesn't agree with their opinion. Those people I may say something to, but overall, I just like talking about tennis and hate having to defend my own opinion. I don't go around hunting posters down because they don't agree with me. I truly believe they have a right.

Those words just couldn´t be more perfect. In fact it should be put above the forum before you enter to post. Especially to the Fed trolls who rip fans of other players. You pretty much described what people like me have to go through just to say we like Nadal. We have to defend ourselves like he defends the court.

Tennis_Maestro
06-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Strange, the minute his ideas were savaged by everyone else, he suddenly disappeared...how odd! Anyhow, Djokovic will possibly win a set tomorrow, but win the match, as if. I'm not particularly fond of Nadal, but Djokovic will still be hammered, or at least lose. Fed's the only one that can trouble Nadal seriously on clay, and even then, he has to be at 100% at least :)

Suddenly disappeared are you a complete and utter ****ing moron?

I have something called a life of the internet! Something you might perhaps need to think about getting. Nerd!

And "savaged" my ideas? You shall see in next 3-4 hours, whos ideas were "savaged".

Tennis_Maestro
06-08-2007, 07:24 AM
I honestly dont expect to be able to collect from this guy, probably someone who'd disappear as soon as I win the bet.

Nope. Wrong, i'll pay up and visa versa i hope. :grin:

DashaandSafin
06-08-2007, 07:26 AM
If Nadal is too one dimensional, Id like to be one dimensional too, namely getting back every single ball my opponent hits and rip topspin forehand winners.

Tennis_Maestro
06-08-2007, 07:28 AM
If Nadal is too one dimensional, Id like to be one dimensional too, namely getting back every single ball my opponent hits and rip topspin forehand winners.

Please read the title of the thread! "Too one dimensional" to BEAT djokovich! With the current form djokovich is in.

DashaandSafin
06-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Maybe. I don't know. Ive been out of the loop for a bit, namely the Djokovich rise. I guess we'll see tomorrow. Remeber this is clay, you really dont have to be more than one dimensional (getting balls back).

Tennis_Maestro
06-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Maybe. I don't know. Ive been out of the loop for a bit, namely the Djokovich rise. I guess we'll see tomorrow. Remeber this is clay, you really dont have to be more than one dimensional (getting balls back).

Tomorrow? They're literally warming up right now.

DashaandSafin
06-08-2007, 07:37 AM
What...oh yea. Im watching on NBC, im watching Fed v Djokovic...i think that means I dont see Nadal...dammit.

Tennis_Maestro
06-08-2007, 07:39 AM
What...oh yea. Im watching on NBC, im watching Fed v Djokovic...i think that means I dont see Nadal...dammit.

You're weird.

tamaj13
06-08-2007, 07:46 AM

I agree that Djokovic has the game and the smarts, but I don't know that he has the heart yet. You have to bring more than game, and I think Djoker is not quite there yet. I have predicted elsewhere that he is more of a challenge to Federer's dominance (http://tennisracquetsport.suite101.com/article.cfm/djokovic_federers_true_challenge), but I still think he's a few big matches away. The mental lapses that he shows from time to time aren't going to cut it against Nadal or Federer, regardless of his talent. That said, perhaps Nadal will choke some as Federer is doing against Davydenko.

arnz
06-08-2007, 10:23 AM
ok mR. maestro,

Your time to talk big has ended. Are you gonna send me the flexpoint prestige? or are you just somebody who hides behind the anonymity of the internet to talk out of his behind

tintin
06-08-2007, 10:26 AM
man that was major thrashing done by Nadal
but at the same time,looking at how Novak performed today,I can say he played like ***** and to me this isn't the 100% indication on Nadal's form.

tamaj13
06-08-2007, 10:32 AM
I'm in Paris at the moment. I was at Phillipe Chatrier yesterday, saw Djokovic play Andreev and Nadal play Moya. Both wins were impressive.

But Nadal was particularly impressive. It's the first time I saw him play live and even when his shots drop midcourt, they have so much topspin that they still bounce very high so it's very difficult to attack him off short balls. Nadal is also extremely quick and covers one half of the court, he feels he can get to the forehand side when posed a question of the opponent hitting down the lines. Whenever Moya came to net he had an answer.

Novak has his work cut off. However, Nadal hasn't dropped a set, seems really fresh and I think revenge is on his mind. The sun is hot here and if he plays Federer on Sunday, Federer has his work cut out.

I think the high balls to Federer's backhand could make the difference again, Moya couldn't handle that either, and when Federer gets frustrated, he runs around it to hit the forehand and makes even more errors - it will be a fascinating tactical battle should they both meet.

I thought Nadal was fun to watch and wouldn't consider him one dimensional. He's not an all court player yet but he's trying to improve his game all the time which is commendable.

Excellent post! It's so refreshing to read a post that is coherent, not hero worship drivel that isn't based on knowledge of the game. Federer is my guy, but it is highly unlikely that he is going to beat Nadal on Sunday. I thought I had outlined a strategy for Fed to beat Nadal, but actually, I think Nadal has an easier task in strategizing for Federer than the other way around.

I absolutely expect to see Fed get frustrated and go for too much from the baseline as he has repeatedly against Nadal. Nadal covers court on clay in such a way that he can hit winners off other players' winners, and that boosts his opponents' frustration level and their penchant to go for more than they can successfully make. It may even be straights in the final the way the two have looked over the course of the tournament. Roger will have to play far better than he has played thus far to come close to winning on Sunday. I wish it weren't so, but just ask Djokovic who has plenty of game as well. Djokovic would have beat Federer had Federer played against him like he played Davydenko.

tamaj13
06-08-2007, 10:36 AM
man that was major thrashing done by Nadal
but at the same time,looking at how Novak performed today,I can say he played like ***** and to me this isn't the 100% indication on Nadal's form.

It looked like Djokovic played very well until Nadal raised his game and refused to give up key points. He broke Novak's spirit, and "Nadaliated" as he has done to everyone else thus far at RG. There were some fantastic points that Nadal won with pure will. I've never been a fan of Nadal's but he has definitely made a believer of me with his strength of will, speed, power, and absolute clutch play.

tintin
06-08-2007, 10:42 AM
It looked like Djokovic played very well until Nadal raised his game and refused to give up key points. He broke Novak's spirit, and "Nadaliated" as he has done to everyone else thus far at RG. There were some fantastic points that Nadal won with pure will. I've never been a fan of Nadal's but he has definitely made a believer of me with his strength of will, speed, power, and absolute clutch play.

well first thing Djokovic never really held his serves and many times fell 0-40 and had to rally to get to 30-40.
Don't think Djokovic held serve 5 times in that match:shock:
He missed a lot of 1st serves and it looks like he was in a hurry to hit balls,especially on the forehand side,not good.
I think the first set 1/2 was good tennis from both players after that Nadal cruised all the way.

armand
06-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Someone finally please delete this troll thread now.

Morrissey
06-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Someone finally please delete this troll thread now.

Joker trolls will be hiding after this beating he took at the hands of the so called "one dimensional" clay court God Nadal. 7-5, 6-4, 6-2. I'm pointing right at the scoreboard Maestro. Owned. Go run over to the Fed bandwagon now pal.

helloworld
06-08-2007, 11:03 AM
What a stupid post. Nadal is godlike today and he'll destroy Fed on Sunday. Nadal in straights for the third Roland Garros in a row !!!

Morrissey
06-08-2007, 11:04 AM
ok mR. maestro,

Your time to talk big has ended. Are you gonna send me the flexpoint prestige? or are you just somebody who hides behind the anonymity of the internet to talk out of his behind

I would vote for the latter. He'll disappear and go under a different screen name like so many Fed or Joker trolls do. Be like federerfanatic and post under capriatifanatic or navratilovafan like he does.

Morrissey
06-08-2007, 11:04 AM
What a stupid post. Nadal is godlike today and he'll destroy Fed on Sunday. Nadal in straights for the third Roland Garros in a row !!!

Preach it brother.

TheTruth
06-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Those words just couldn´t be more perfect. In fact it should be put above the forum before you enter to post. Especially to the Fed trolls who rip fans of other players. You pretty much described what people like me have to go through just to say we like Nadal. We have to defend ourselves like he defends the court.

Thanks, Morrissey, but it won't matter how clearly it's said, or how succinctly the points are made. Many of them are blind to self and blind to others. They actually believe they have a right to attack our choices! That we should have no opinion and should genuflect at the alter of Roger as they do. Everything he does is explained away. It's weird. I've never seen anything like it, and I hope I never do again! It's comforting to have you on this board!

laurie
06-08-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm sorry to say but this Tennis Maestro seems like just another Condoleeza.

Someone who comes on and just wants to be divisive. What was he basing his opinion on? Now he looks like a complete fool unfortunately. He will most likely change his screen name.

Everyone else clearly thought Nadal would have too much for Novak and that provd to be the case.

By the way, Novak played very well, but it still wasn't good enough.

I also wonder whether Nicolay will get any sleep tonight? That was a horror show, he gave Federer an incredible amount of gifts - he served for all 3 sets he lost!

Federer cannot count on Nadal presenting so many opportunities - he will seriously have to raise his game.

So now the question is, can Roger do that, because we know Nadal is absolutely fresh and ready to go.

Thanks Tamaj for your remarks.

Attila the tennis Bum
06-08-2007, 02:47 PM
its hard to respond without being a spoiler. But for those who already have watched the match we all have the answer.

arnz
06-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Nope. Wrong, i'll pay up and visa versa i hope. :grin:

I'll keep bumping this thread till I get my flexpoint prestige

Morrissey
06-08-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm sorry to say but this Tennis Maestro seems like just another Condoleeza.

Someone who comes on and just wants to be divisive. What was he basing his opinion on? Now he looks like a complete fool unfortunately. He will most likely change his screen name.

Everyone else clearly thought Nadal would have too much for Novak and that provd to be the case.

By the way, Novak played very well, but it still wasn't good enough.

I also wonder whether Nicolay will get any sleep tonight? That was a horror show, he gave Federer an incredible amount of gifts - he served for all 3 sets he lost!

Federer cannot count on Nadal presenting so many opportunities - he will seriously have to raise his game.

So now the question is, can Roger do that, because we know Nadal is absolutely fresh and ready to go.

Thanks Tamaj for your remarks.

Is that who this Maestro was? Whatever happened to Condoleeza? I smell a new screen name after that terrible troll thread. This thread title is as bad as someone saying that "Fed has no chance against Djokovic, even on grass". Anyway Davydenko should punish himself for choking away all three sets today. I guess looking like him is punishment enough. Oooh that was mean. I'm sorry. But Nadal isn't giving away any gifts on Sunday. He'll be ready and hungry for a 3rd grand slam title. Redemption time is near.

Tennis_Nickmo
06-09-2007, 01:46 AM
I wonder if the troll will pay up?

Dolphina
06-09-2007, 02:00 AM
LOL, the thread starter must be blinded by his wishes:)
Nole is physically not strong enough to beat Nadal on clay. He was lucky enough to keep the first sets close.

arnz
06-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Can you please contact me so I can give you the address to send the racquet I won :)

fujitsu77
06-10-2007, 03:33 PM
BUMP.

I just want to see if arnz is going to get his racquet (though this is highly unlikely ;))

DashaandSafin
06-10-2007, 09:46 PM
If you really REALLY wanted it, isnt there a way to track him?

arnz
06-11-2007, 05:33 AM
If you really REALLY wanted it, isnt there a way to track him?

Track him down and then send my goons to collect halfway across the world? or how about suing him for breach of contract in the courts? LOL

Its really the honor system. I just proved that there are plenty of people on the internet without honor, who talk out of their behind because nobody can really do anything about it. There are plenty of people who talk big on the internet, who in real life couldnt say the same things to your face, probably the same ones that live in their mother's basement and get picked on in school :)

SamaRafa
06-11-2007, 05:39 AM
This thread was a waste, He had no chance of beating him

Morrissey
06-11-2007, 06:06 AM
Track him down and then send my goons to collect halfway across the world? or how about suing him for breach of contract in the courts? LOL

Its really the honor system. I just proved that there are plenty of people on the internet without honor, who talk out of their behind because nobody can really do anything about it. There are plenty of people who talk big on the internet, who in real life couldnt say the same things to your face, probably the same ones that live in their mother's basement and get picked on in school :)

In other words, the Fedtrolls.

DashaandSafin
06-11-2007, 09:14 PM

Eh nah. Im not suggesting you go that extreme.

Im just saying when you become some powerful mob boss, you track this sucker down and sent the hitmen.

deme08
04-09-2008, 01:22 PM

I think Djokovic has a very good chance of beating Nadal on clay this year. and yes he could certainly out wit Nadal's one dimentional topspin game!

Zaragoza
04-09-2008, 01:31 PM
I think Djokovic has a very good chance of beating Nadal on clay this year. and yes he could certainly out wit Nadal's one dimentional topspin game!

I think he has a better chance to beat Federer on clay.
His set record against Nadal on clay is 0-7.
The OP is one funny guy.

93sq.
04-09-2008, 01:37 PM
If djoko beat nadal on clay in nadal's best part of the season...

We would probably see a grand slam...

But...
It won't happen...

Not this year...

Same Nadal season...

Good in spring..
Awesome in summer..

...a normal player after July...

veroniquem
04-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Same chance as last year, haha that should be fun!

deme08
04-09-2008, 01:43 PM
If djoko beat nadal on clay in nadal's best part of the season...

We would probably see a grand slam...

But...
It won't happen...

Not this year...

Same Nadal season...

Good in spring..
Awesome in summer..

...a normal player after July...

Honestly I think you are right. But what if he did then it would be even bigger than winning AO!

zagor
04-09-2008, 01:45 PM

Don't think so,Djokovic is somewhat of a hardcourt specialist.He can certainly go deep even in claycourt tournaments but I really don't like his chances against an inform Nadal on clay.I saw him play a great match against Nadal in Rome last year and he still lost 6-2 6-3,he has also yet to take a set from Nadal on clay.He may be able to beat him in Wimbledon though,we'll see.

SempreSami
04-09-2008, 01:48 PM
TC is so in the know that he spells Djokovic's name wrong every time.

93sq.
04-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Honestly I think you are right. But what if he did then it would be even bigger than winning AO!

Nadal focus his season in the period between march and july...

in may and june he's unstoppable...

He can't mantain the form required for his tennis style for a entire season..
But in the period in which he reaches every damn ball...he's da man..

daddy
04-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Don't think so,Djokovic is somewhat of a hardcourt specialist.He can certainly go deep even in claycourt tournaments but I really don't like his chances against an inform Nadal on clay.I saw him play a great match against Nadal in Rome last year and he still lost 6-2 6-3,he has also yet to take a set from Nadal on clay.He may be able to beat him in Wimbledon though,we'll see.

I also do not fancy his chances on clay by all means. Imo this goes especially for the RG where you play best of 5 sets which gives the edge even more to Nadal. I would not be surprised to see Djokovic win in best of 3 - he can maintain a high level of serving and play for 2 sets. Providing he takes the first he can push and if he plays his best surely manage a win in straights ( I say he has 15% chance to do this ). Even in the 3rd set I would pick Nadal to come out as a winner. He is just so natural on clay that it is scary.

Wimbledon, I am already gearing up for that. I very much like the chances Djokovic has there.

zagor
04-09-2008, 02:04 PM
I also do not fancy his chances on clay by all means. Imo this goes especially for the RG where you play best of 5 sets which gives the edge even more to Nadal. I would not be surprised to see Djokovic win in best of 3 - he can maintain a high level of serving and play for 2 sets. Providing he takes the first he can push and if he plays his best surely manage a win in straights ( I say he has 15% chance to do this ). Even in the 3rd set I would pick Nadal to come out as a winner. He is just so natural on clay that it is scary.

Wimbledon, I am already gearing up for that. I very much like the chances Djokovic has there.

Sure,if they meet at Wimbledon I'd pick Djokovic.In fact I think that Novak is the second favorite after Federer(I think he's still the man to beat there) in Wimbledon.I expect a lot of Nadal fans will disagree with this but I think that Djokovic is better on grass then most people realize.

TheTruth
04-09-2008, 02:27 PM

Fed won his first Wimbledon once month shy of his twenty-third birthday. He was definitely not 21, because that would mean he got it in 2001!

daddy
04-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Fed won his first Wimbledon once month shy of his twenty-third birthday. He was definitely not 21, because that would mean he got it in 2001!

This is not so hard to calculate is it ? If you are born in Aug 1981 and win your first GS in wimby 2003, that makes you a month shy of 22 years old. Exactly 21y11m old when he won. Both of you are not correct. Someone biased here ? ;)

TheTruth
04-09-2008, 02:52 PM
This is not so hard to calculate is it ? If you are born in Aug 1981 and win your first GS in wimby 2003, that makes you a month shy of 22 years old. Exactly 21y11m old when he won. Both of you are not correct. Someone biased here ? ;)

I had already found my post where I corrected that post and the information is the same as yours!

daddy
04-09-2008, 03:03 PM
I had already found my post where I corrected that post and the information is the same as yours!

My friend, you lost it. You posted JUST ABOVE my post and this happened 30 minutes ago. Just scroll up the screan and you will find a very recent post of yours which I quoted - which was wrong. Okay ?

TheTruth
04-09-2008, 03:24 PM
My friend, you lost it. You posted JUST ABOVE my post and this happened 30 minutes ago. Just scroll up the screan and you will find a very recent post of yours which I quoted - which was wrong. Okay ?

No. The corrected post was 6-06-07, post #59. That's the corrected post I was speaking of. It's in this thread. The one I posted thirty minutes ago was wrong! Thanks for the correction!

drakulie
04-09-2008, 03:38 PM

Ummmmmmm>>>>>>>> No.

Fedace
04-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Out wit maybe but not outhit, not on clay. nadal is a different player on clay. due to all the high bouncing balls, he can create angles that normally he cannot on hardcourts. so taking balls on the rise is easier said than done against rafa.

Raoul_Duke
04-09-2008, 03:56 PM
All you said about Rafa's clay dominance is true, but we have saw Federer losing on every hardcourt tournament in 2008 up to now.

I would still leave a chance for other players. If you want some numbers: Federer 20%, Djokovic 15%, the rest 5%. Of course, I'll put my money on Rafa.

fastdunn
04-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Sure,if they meet at Wimbledon I'd pick Djokovic.In fact I think that Novak is the second favorite after Federer(I think he's still the man to beat there) in Wimbledon.I expect a lot of Nadal fans will disagree with this but I think that Djokovic is better on grass then most people realize.

"will become better" is fairer statement. IMHO,I don't think many people, Nadal fan or not, will agree Djokovic "is" already better on grass than Nadal who reached finals twice and stretched Federer into a 5 setter.

fastdunn
04-09-2008, 04:51 PM
One of the joys with watching Nadal right now is observing how he's working on his game. His serve isn't a weapon per se, but it's SO much better than it used to be.

Lest we forget; during Wimbledon last year, he approached the net more times than Federer for the entire 2 weeks.

Exactly. If someone classify nadal's game one dimensional, I don't think there are many players who can not be considered "not 1 dimensional" in today's power baseline game.

Nadal has this defensive clay court mentality. But not exactly more one dimensional than most players today, IMHO.

rafan
04-10-2008, 07:13 AM
Stamina! Its all about stamina with Djockovic - does he have the stamina to carry on through all the clay court matches and then Wimbledon with success - I don't think he has what Fed or Nadal has when they really get into gear. He may have worked out how to beat them but will he have the energy to follow it through?

ninman
04-10-2008, 07:50 AM

except when you listen to the commentators after the match they say this "19 year old Roger Federer has dethroned Wimbledon's greatest champion."

daddy
04-10-2008, 09:34 AM
"will become better" is fairer statement. IMHO,I don't think many people, Nadal fan or not, will agree Djokovic "is" already better on grass than Nadal who reached finals twice and stretched Federer into a 5 setter.

Shortly if you analyse their games you will find that low bounce and slipery surface along with the speed of it ( surely not clay like ) is much more suited to Djokovic's big serve and style of play. Nadal rarely goes for anything and staying in the rally is something which can win you RG, but for Wimby you need a bit more. He is great on grass but in my mind Djokovic is better. Past results may show it was not the case before ( I was pretty sure he will take out Nadal in '07 also but he was phisically to shaken by 2 very hard matches ) but this year is a different story.

yellowoctopus
04-10-2008, 12:56 PM
I think it's easy for people to put Djokovic up on a pedestral right now, simply because he has been doing very well. The truth is, he is still not a complete player (and has plenty of time to become one) and clay has its way of bringing out the vulnerabilities (mental and physical) that a player has.

I would like to give Nadal some credit for being able to consistently beat all kinds of players on Clay, which is a pretty good indication that he is not simply out there to outlast everyone on the court.

yellowoctopus
04-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Stamina! Its all about stamina with Djockovic - does he have the stamina to carry on through all the clay court matches and then Wimbledon with success - I don't think he has what Fed or Nadal has when they really get into gear. He may have worked out how to beat them but will he have the energy to follow it through?

good point! I would like to add that Djokovic's issue with 'Stamina' is more mental stamina than physical; afterall, he is quite disciplined in his physical training (aka he's is not early-day Andre Agassi) and quite a natural athlete.

danb
04-10-2008, 01:04 PM

Here we go again: "Nadal is too one dimensional..."
You are very original my friend.

FedForGOAT
04-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Some funny remarks from 2007:

Nadal in three.... and then Djokovic will tell us why he was the better player but lost for some reason.

Right on the money. Djokovic certainly made the excuses. I believe he said he "was in control" when he lost? Anyways, I see people noticed this trait of Djokovic's (bad sportsmanship) all the way back in June of 2007. So when people say that people hate Djokovic for no reason, that's not true at all.

Nowadays I don't believe many people would call the djoker extremely fit (not that he isn't fit, its just all his medical time-outs) or say he doesn't "flaunt it".

vince916
04-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Holy **** I was reading this thread and didnt even know it was a year old

futuretoptenner
04-11-2008, 04:25 AM
Djokovic doesn't have a hope against Nadal on Clay. Well , OKay he has hope but that's all he's got.

Oricus
04-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Djokovic doesn't have a hope against Nadal on Clay. Well , OKay he has hope but that's all he's got.

I'm pretty sure he has a little more than hope

tangerine
09-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Nice blast from the past. :p

TheLoneWolf
09-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Nice blast from the past. :p
Betamax is the way to go. VHS will never take off. :)

bolo
09-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Oh my god, the Maestro IS at the bud collins level when it comes to nadal isn't he.

Would it be wrong if I wanted all of Tennis_Maestro's thoughts and predictions for Ralph collected in one place? :)

Xemi666
09-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Hahaha, nice bump. It's amazing how underrated Nadal has been all his career, and I admit I'm guilty of that as well, I thought last year that he would only win RGs and maybe one or two Wimbledon's from then on, man has he proved me wrong!

TheLoneWolf
09-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Oh my god, the Maestro IS at the bud collins level when it comes to nadal isn't he.

Would it be wrong if I wanted all of Tennis_Maestro's thoughts and predictions for Ralph collected in one place? :)
No, it wouldn't. All you have to do is walk to your nearest garbage dump and take a deep breath.

drive
09-16-2010, 05:29 PM
LOL.
Maestro for president!

Photoshop
09-16-2010, 10:41 PM
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3244/nadalha.jpg

tiochaota
09-16-2010, 10:52 PM

Haha, even if he is a ball basher, he is still in.control, I don't support nadal, like djoker more, but you have to play with nadal to understand.the pace.. its not as easy, djoker wants to win too, easier said than done , even the draws is easy, he is playing players that can win.you with slices only 6-0 6-0, easy, he has proved himself somehow.

DjokovicForTheWin
08-04-2011, 12:25 PM

Wow, this guy called it, right on mate.

DjokovicForTheWin
08-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Hahaha, nice bump. It's amazing how underrated Nadal has been all his career, and I admit I'm guilty of that as well, I thought last year that he would only win RGs and maybe one or two Wimbledon's from then on, man has he proved me wrong!

Maybe he's a bit overrated too, LOL.

DjokovicForTheWin
08-04-2011, 12:27 PM

Awesome call man, you're a great poster.

DjokovicForTheWin
08-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Same chance as last year, haha that should be fun!

Yeah it was kinda fun, wasn't it, LOL

DjokovicForTheWin
08-04-2011, 03:16 PM
LOL, the thread starter must be blinded by his wishes:)
Nole is physically not strong enough to beat Nadal on clay. He was lucky enough to keep the first sets close.

Don't underestimate the power of gluten.

beast of mallorca
08-04-2011, 04:18 PM

Is there one poster who made all these claims ?

mcr619619
08-05-2011, 03:58 AM
why bump??.....

last pic=epic failed...LOL

though "Career won't last long" agreed

aphex
08-05-2011, 04:02 AM

some of these are actually correct, no?
especially the third line...

CocaCola
08-05-2011, 04:55 AM
Not such a funny bump now, huh. Basically the same things are mentioned today when people discuss Djokovics ownage over Nadal in 2011. And this guy posted this in 2007. Well done Tennis_Maestro.

celoft
08-05-2011, 05:05 AM
Nadal does not have the variety and game to overwhelm Djoko 2.0 like Fed does.

Sentinel
08-05-2011, 05:54 AM
No, it wouldn't. All you have to do is walk to your nearest garbage dump and take a deep breath.
Darn, i miss TLW !

Nadal does not have the variety and game to overwhelm Djoko 2.0 like Fed does.
Nole was lucky to peak at a time when Rafa was playing at less than his usual 200%. Not to take credit away from Nole. Rafa has had an amazing season this year -- the results speak for themselves.

As far as Fred beating Nole is concerned, it was just one day in the whole year. Anyway, I'd like to see Nole vs Rafa when Rafa is out of his current slump. Hopefully, at USO.

Kunohara
08-05-2011, 05:56 AM
Nadal wasnt slumping in Miami and IW, nor was he slumping in Madrid, Rome and Wimby. Anyone who believes that should DIAF.

Nadal was on his way to another clay sweep until Nole stepped in.

He got owned straight up, all other bs excuses are just that, bs.

SLD76
08-05-2011, 06:28 AM
Tennis Maestro...you Sir, have earned the title of Maestro.

I tip my hat 8-)

Good call, amazing.

FedExpress 333
08-05-2011, 06:34 AM
Tennis Maestro has fullfilled his destiny!

Sentinel
08-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Nadal wasnt slumping in Miami and IW, nor was he slumping in Madrid, Rome and Wimby. Anyone who believes that should DIAF.

DIAF - Die in a fire. Use this word to suggest ways of how a person should be killed

Wow, you are one nice dude !

SLD76
08-05-2011, 07:25 AM
DIAF - Die in a fire. Use this word to suggest ways of how a person should be killed

Wow, you are one nice dude !

He's still right about Nadal;s form.

Since when is reaching 7 near-consecutive finals "slumping"

Or however many it was Miami, IW< Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, FO, Wimbledon(yes, I know he lost at Queens but still).

Kunohara
08-05-2011, 07:52 AM
And since when does telling someone to DIAF on a forum literally means I want you to die ?

It's akin to telling your annoying friend to go play in traffic. Do you really mean for him to do it and die when you say it ?

Think twice before posting absurdity bro.

Sentinel
08-05-2011, 08:45 PM
And since when does telling someone to DIAF on a forum literally means I want you to die ?

It's akin to telling your annoying friend to go play in traffic. Do you really mean for him to do it and die when you say it ?

Think twice before posting absurdity bro.
Nothing to think twice about. I've never heard DIAF before (perhaps its quite common on chat forums or whatever). So i looked it up and was quite shocked. It's perhaps something that has to do with American culture which can be quite shocking at first to foreigners.
I remember my first experience when someone (an american) said "Get outa here!". That was ages back. Took me a while to figure out it was meant in jest.

SLD76, my point about the slump was only teasing zagor! By now you should know the nature of my "poasts".

Clay lover
08-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Nothing to think twice about. I've never heard DIAF before (perhaps its quite common on chat forums or whatever). So i looked it up and was quite shocked. It's perhaps something that has to do with American culture which can be quite shocking at first to foreigners.
I remember my first experience when someone (an american) said "Get outa here!". That was ages back. Took me a while to figure out it was meant in jest.

SLD76, my point about the slump was only teasing zagor! By now you should know the nature of my "poasts".

Yeah I don't quite get American taunts either. Just because you don't mean it literally doesn't mean it cannot come off as rude and offensive to others

TenFanLA
08-06-2011, 08:59 AM

4 years later TM's prophecy is fulfilled. Got any stock tips for me? Hopefully ones that won't take 4 years to pan out...

Clarky21
08-06-2011, 09:02 AM

Bs is what your whole post consists of.

And your "DIAF" crap is offensive and uncalled for. So anyone who doesn't agree with your crock is supposed to go die in a fire? Klassy,dude.

DjokovicForTheWin
08-06-2011, 09:05 AM

Quoted for truth. Poor ***** have to cling to something I suppose.

DjokovicForTheWin
08-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Bs is what your whole post consists of.

And your "DIAF" crap is offensive and uncalled for. So anyone who doesn't agree with your crock is supposed to go die in a fire? Klassy,dude.

Yeah and anyone who doesn't believe you is just talking BS. Even more classy.

Sentinel
08-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Quoted for truth. Poor ***** have to cling to something I suppose.
LMAO. Are you even awake as you post. Anyone with even one brain cell knows I am a Nole fan.

Is expressing an opinion different from your own being a **** ?

CMM
08-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Tennis Maestro...you Sir, have earned the title of Maestro.

I tip my hat 8-)

Good call, amazing.

Good call? Nadal beat Djokovic 16 times.

Clarky21
08-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Good call? Nadal beat Djokovic 16 times.

Will there ever be a 17th time? At this rate it seems not.

DjokovicForTheWin
08-06-2011, 11:33 PM
LMAO. Are you even awake as you post. Anyone with even one brain cell knows I am a Nole fan.

Is expressing an opinion different from your own being a **** ?

Wasn't talking about you.

Tennis_Maestro
07-12-2012, 05:56 AM
Man, I owned it. :D Thanks everyone. One @ a time with the auto-graphs, please. :D

Cesc Fabregas
07-12-2012, 06:35 AM
Man, I owned it. :D Thanks everyone. One @ a time with the auto-graphs, please. :D

Nadal spanked Djokovic 3 times on clay this year you idiot.

Tennis_Maestro
07-12-2012, 06:37 AM

Djokovic's grandfather passed away, fan-boy.

Cesc Fabregas
07-12-2012, 06:38 AM
Djokovic's grandfather passed away, fan-boy.

What does that have to do with the Rome and Paris defeats dummy?

Raging Buddha
07-12-2012, 06:46 AM
You seem to be conveniently forgetting last years defeats. Was he able to figure him out then?

Breaker
07-12-2012, 07:01 AM
You seem to be conveniently forgetting last years defeats. Was he able to figure him out then?

To be fair Cesc is right, bumping this thread to praise himself whilst Djoker is on a 3 match losing streak to Nadal and other than 2011 lost a bunch of other times to him as well wasn't too bright.

Cesc Fabregas
07-12-2012, 07:04 AM
To be fair Cesc is right, bumping this thread to praise himself whilst Djoker is on a 3 match losing streak to Nadal and other than 2011 lost a bunch of other times to him as well wasn't too bright.

Thank you sir.

Tennis_Maestro
07-12-2012, 07:06 AM

Point being, everyone believed Nadal was "unbeatable" on clay in 2007, only I could see the capabilities Novak had to oust this dull twat. No one would ever have foreseen Nadal losing to anyone on this surface, my whole point was to clearly indicate that Djokovic has the game to beat Nadal on this surface. That he did and will do again.

Tennis_Maestro
07-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Thank you sir.

You are nothing but a non-objective fanboy that's knowledge of the game is superficial and blinkered by his devine love for this Pirates of the Caribbean slash Macho man action like figure so happens to be good @ tennis.

So I would jus not post if I was you.

Cesc Fabregas
07-12-2012, 07:10 AM
Point being, everyone believed Nadal was "unbeatable" on clay in 2007, only I could see the capabilities Novak had to oust this dull twat. No one would ever have foreseen Nadal losing to anyone on this surface, my whole point was to clearly indicate that Djokovic has the game to beat Nadal on this surface. That he did and will do again.

Erm, Federer has beaten Nadal on clay the same number of times on clay as Djokovic. Why don't you start this thread with Federer's name instead?

Breaker
07-12-2012, 07:23 AM

The very first reply to this thread says they think he had a bit of a chance as well, but that's not what this thread is about is it.

Since just before their semifinal in 2007 - Nadal won 7 straight on clay before losing two (still winning RG anyway) and winning 3 more times this year making it 10-2 in Nadal's favour. Djokovic has the game, but clearly has been a class or two below for the past 5 years.

ok mR. maestro,

Also what happened to the racquet you owe this guy

kragster
07-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Outside of the fact that OP is a hater and the thread title is dumb, I think people watching Djoker-Rafa matches have always had a sense that consistency and killer instinct were often the difference between the 2 in some of their matches (like Madrid 09). Djoker has now proved that he can get over that hurdle.

I still expect Nadal to win the majority of their encounters on clay but I think Djoker will win at least 30% of future clay meetings.

Tennis_Maestro
07-12-2012, 07:37 AM
The very first reply to this thread says they think he had a bit of a chance as well, but that's not what this thread is about is it.

Since just before their semifinal in 2007 - Nadal won 7 straight on clay before losing two (still winning RG anyway) and winning 3 more times this year making it 10-2 in Nadal's favour. Djokovic has the game, but clearly has been a class or two below for the past 5 years.

Also what happened to the racquet you owe this guy

:?:?:?:?:?

dsa202
07-12-2012, 11:03 AM
LOL. OP owned you nubs.

Clarky21
07-12-2012, 02:54 PM
LOL. OP owned you nubs.

Owned what? He made himself look like a d*mn fool,and then didn't pay up when he lost a bet. Not sure how he "owned"anything.

dsa202
07-13-2012, 06:27 AM
Owned what? He made himself look like a d*mn fool,and then didn't pay up when he lost a bet. Not sure how he "owned"anything.

Dude, its ok, just admit you were completely wrong.

tank_job
07-13-2012, 06:46 AM

Yep, utterly owned Clarky.

The OP was way ahead of his time.

Deserves some form of award.

Clarky21
07-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Dude, its ok, just admit you were completely wrong.

I'm not a dude,and I wasn't wrong about anything. I never even posted in this thread one time until yesterday. The OP,otoh,balked at paying up a bet he lost 4 years ago,and didn't show his face in this thread again until years later. He's a coward,plain and simple.