PDA

View Full Version : MaliVai Washington Strings and Tension

levy07
06-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Anybody know what strings he used for his Yonex RD 7? Thanks.

Sticklacer
06-07-2007, 12:10 PM
he used vs natural gut (all season) around 70lbs. 4 5/8 grip. i have a cracked frame of his that i'd sell if you're interested. make an offer at racketcollector@gmail.com

RafaN RichardG
06-07-2007, 12:34 PM
met him at 2006 US open!
but he seemed very disinterested...lost some respect for him
got tons more attention from sharapova, wierd

NebAce1
06-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Yea I hit with him once at a pro-am that I ball boy'd for. He was a nice guy.

jmsx521
06-07-2007, 01:13 PM
MaliVai was built like a body-builder... more than any pro I've seen so far.

El Diablo
06-07-2007, 02:38 PM
"lost respect for him" because he seemed "disinterested." Was there some particular reason he should have been interersted? Sometimes we expect too much exuberance from these people. I'm content if I meet one of these guys and he isn't notably rude. Life in public can become a bit of a drag.

levy07
06-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Wow. That is a high tension. Thanks for the offer, but I was just wondering what setup he used when he played Wimbledon. Thanks.

Levy:)

RafaN RichardG
06-07-2007, 10:25 PM
"lost respect for him" because he seemed "disinterested." Was there some particular reason he should have been interersted? Sometimes we expect too much exuberance from these people. I'm content if I meet one of these guys and he isn't notably rude. Life in public can become a bit of a drag.

lol well the fact that no one noticed him except me i thought id at least get a standard "hey nice to meet you", it wouldve been nice. he was just standing there it wasnt liek he was busy...when i asked him for a picture he sarcastically said "whats in it for me", i know he wasnt being serious, but that combined with him not even paying attention was a little wierd/uncomfortable. after the picture i said thanks and i got a "yeah...." as he turned away.
i mean i still like the guy, i just thought he'd be, eh, nicer
anyway, thread carry on

JohnMatrix
06-08-2007, 12:44 AM
lol well the fact that no one noticed him except me i thought id at least get a standard "hey nice to meet you", it wouldve been nice. he was just standing there it wasnt liek he was busy...when i asked him for a picture he sarcastically said "whats in it for me", i know he wasnt being serious, but that combined with him not even paying attention was a little wierd/uncomfortable. after the picture i said thanks and i got a "yeah...." as he turned away.
i mean i still like the guy, i just thought he'd be, eh, nicer
anyway, thread carry on

Post the photo you have with that sour puss!

RafaN RichardG
06-08-2007, 10:29 AM
haha i would but when i was there my digital camera was broken so i hadda use a cheap film camera -_-, so i only have it in photo form, and i dont even know where that is lol, if i come across it ill scan it

Ripper
06-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Do yourself a favor and string your RD-7 with a nice quality co-poly, around 50.