PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Djokovic's arrogance?

Frenchie
06-06-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm sure everyone remembers Novak's ******** press conference comments last year. Now, he is completely changed. He is humble and expresses a desire to improve. What happened? Someone must have talked to him.

MasterTS
06-06-2007, 09:55 AM
He was told to tone it down so he's acting humble and whatnot..

He cant change who he is: he's an arrogant *****.

@wright
06-06-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm starting to like him more now that he canned that crap. He certainly has the game to be a force for many years. I look for his slam breakthrough against Nadal in the semis. What a great opportunity for Djoker to really come out firing. He really has nothing at all to lose, I hope he sees it that way.

Viper
06-06-2007, 10:01 AM
He was a young teenage boy. You're going to say stupid things when put under the spotlight. He simply learned how to deal with it.

ajspurs
06-06-2007, 10:22 AM
yea i really like him now, despite whether he is still truly arrogant, because he show great sportsmanship, and that is why i like tennis so much.

Craig Sheppard
06-06-2007, 10:32 AM
He was a young teenage boy. You're going to say stupid things when put under the spotlight. He simply learned how to deal with it.

Yeah, I agree, I think he's growing up, getting a little more refined... he used to annoy me as well, but what I've heard lately I really like. He's looking like he'll turn out really well.

Zets147
06-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Well, now he has the game to back it up lol

tintin
06-06-2007, 11:15 AM
he sure was a d!ck not too long ago but it's nice to see him keep his trap shut now.

Keifers
06-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Yep, it's nice to see.

For me, the very best in tennis has always been about superb technical and mental skills, tremendous heart in tight competitive situations, and an ability to carry oneself in a way that adds to -- rather than diminishes -- tennis as a top-shelf sport, one you'd recommend to any kid.

Passion, competition, respect for the sport...

Good luck to Novak. And good on him!!

SuperPhong
06-06-2007, 12:36 PM
maybe djoke learned to be confident and not come off as arrogant, If I could play like him i would be a little cocky too...I enjoy his game regardless of his cocky behavior or not

mentalcase
06-06-2007, 12:48 PM
He most likely went through media trainning.

Now that he has a phony personality, people like him. :)

SuperPhong
06-06-2007, 01:04 PM
He most likely went through media trainning.

Now that he has a phony personality, people like him. :)

Same ppl that taught Fed and Nad how to be gracious winners? or does the whole tour have this media training? claims without proper evidence are just meaningless rumors.

LarougeNY
06-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Those kinds of things don't change. We know he's arrogant at heart, so he can't cover it up with this superficial facade of seeming humble and gracious. IMO, he's all talk and no game (ok, maybe some game-but the point is that he can talk the talk but cannot walk the walk)

tricky
06-06-2007, 01:21 PM
I love Joker. Honestly, I think his cocky statements are kinda meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

Duzza
06-06-2007, 01:33 PM
I don't think he was ever a di**, you guys just saw him that way. I saw him at the Hopman cup 2 years ago and he was most entertaining with fans, media and the crowd. Because of one silly press conference a lot of people assume he is always like that.

SuperPhong
06-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Those kinds of things don't change. We know he's arrogant at heart, so he can't cover it up with this superficial facade of seeming humble and gracious. IMO, he's all talk and no game (ok, maybe some game-but the point is that he can talk the talk but cannot walk the walk)

Hahaha...funny how being in the Semis of the FO and being number 6 in the world and possibly higher is not walking the walking...he's only 20 give him a break.

LarougeNY
06-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Hahaha...funny how being in the Semis of the FO and being number 6 in the world and possibly higher is not walking the walking...he's only 20 give him a break.

That is true. A large portion of that is an easier draw for an upper class player like him, he is lucky he never ran into marcos, nikolay, canas, moya, gasquet, safin, or robredo.
I do give him credit though, he is a good player. He's just full of himself, on More than one occasion.

SuperPhong
06-06-2007, 01:42 PM
That is true. A large portion of that is an easier draw for an upper class player like him, he is lucky he never ran into marcos, nikolay, canas, moya, gasquet, safin, or robredo.
I do give him credit though, he is a good player. He's just full of himself, on More than one occasion.

Yea u're talking about those players that lost...it's no fluke he's in the semis and to discredit him because of that is a little much...I can see why you dislike his attitude but he's got a reason to be cocky, when you find a reason he shouldn't be based upon the year he's had so far...write him an e-mail.

Keifers
06-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I agree. He's young and he was even younger when he made those arrogant statements. Even if it's because he's had media training, it's nice to see him maturing in his public statements.

There've been many times I've felt turned off by people who "shot their mouths off". But Djok's youth and his apparent effort to improve his public speaking count for a lot in my book.

Here's a snipet from an article I found at espn dot com:

"... who, in addition to speaking his native Serbian language, can throw out some passable German and Italian -- and his English is more than serviceable.

'Oh, yeah … nice,' he said when the media flowed into the main interview room. 'Now you're coming. Where were you [the] first week?'

He was joking, of course. For the foreseeable future, the media might do well to skip his first-week interviews at the Grand Slams. More often than not, he'll be playing deep in the second."

psamp14
06-06-2007, 02:07 PM
i too am starting to like him more...he's speaking positively about other players and he is more humble in speaking about himself....

who knows where it went....

TheTruth
06-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Aren't the media hyping him? Changing him from cocky to charismatic right before our eyes? Ignoring his comments? Oh yeah, now he's Mother Theresa's long lost nephew. Give me a break! I saw this coming a long time ago!

zapvor
06-06-2007, 02:32 PM
I agree. He's young and he was even younger when he made those arrogant statements. Even if it's because he's had media training, it's nice to see him maturing in his public statements.

There've been many times I've felt turned off by people who "shot their mouths off". But Djok's youth and his apparent effort to improve his public speaking count for a lot in my book.

Here's a snipet from an article I found at espn dot com:

"... who, in addition to speaking his native Serbian language, can throw out some passable German and Italian -- and his English is more than serviceable.

'Oh, yeah … nice,' he said when the media flowed into the main interview room. 'Now you're coming. Where were you [the] first week?'

He was joking, of course. For the foreseeable future, the media might do well to skip his first-week interviews at the Grand Slams. More often than not, he'll be playing deep in the second."

hahhaha thats a great quote. the media should like him more.

ubel
06-06-2007, 03:09 PM
i too am starting to like him more...he's speaking positively about other players and he is more humble in speaking about himself....

who knows where it went....
Hehe, it probably took vacation after Federer put him in his place at the Australian Open this year.

psamp14
06-06-2007, 04:47 PM
if anyone saw his interview after his match against andreev then i think bud collins asked a question like..."i'm from a 3rd world country, the united states, where our tennis..." something like that and how serbia has 3 players in the semifinals...

djokavic gave a laugh and then humbly said how the country is happy and proud of tennis being a popular sport now, with success from himself, ivanovic (hot) and jankovic

LarougeNY
06-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Yea u're talking about those players that lost...it's no fluke he's in the semis and to discredit him because of that is a little much...I can see why you dislike his attitude but he's got a reason to be cocky, when you find a reason he shouldn't be based upon the year he's had so far...write him an e-mail.

I am saying he's a really good player for his age. Think back though, of why Federer couldn't accomplish as much when he was 20-> Sampras, Agassi, Chang (not that he was too big a threat) and hewitt, and safin were dominating tennis. Much higher and closer competition at the top, whereas now the skills of the top two in the world greatly overshadow those below them.

The guy does play well, he is young and I can see why he thinks he's cocky, but I just hope Nadal crushes him tomorrow, or maybe leads by 2 sets to none then Djokovic retires because of heat exhaustion and tells everyone he was in control and about to win. IMO, its very hard for a person to change, and djokovic (while he may be an entertainer) has his head in the sky and probably will for a very long time. He is a good player though.

tennis_hand
06-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Now Djokovic has the opportunities to show whether he is ready for No 2 and No 1. Beating Nadal in the semis and beating Fed in the final.

LarougeNY
06-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Now Djokovic has the opportunities to show whether he is ready for No 2 and No 1. Beating Nadal in the semis and beating Fed in the final.

No player can pull that off, let alone djokovic. Maybe if safin was in one of his Insanely concentrated moments like back in Australia in 05, but other than that I'd find it hard for anyone to beat the two best clay courters in succession.

tkauffm
06-06-2007, 05:46 PM

Good point. Anybody remember that cocky little punk Andre Agassi? All arogance aside, you've got to give him his due credit. He's a good player with great strokes

BigServer1
06-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Jesus, he just turned 20. We were all a big pain in the *** when we were 18, and none of us were world class athletes. Give the kid a break, he's just coming into his own.

J-man
06-06-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm sure everyone remember's Novak's ******** press conference comments last year. Now, he is completely changed. He is humble and expresses a desire to improve. What happened? Someone must have talked to him.Juat wait until he starts doing really well. His arrogance will come back, lol. But he's been good about lately and I've been able to deal with him more

tennis_hand
06-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Compared with him, we feel like so un-accomplished at that age.

Frenchie
06-06-2007, 07:40 PM
I love Joker. Honestly, I think his cocky statements are kinda meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

Last year when he lost to Nadal, he wasn't "djoking" when he said he was "in complete control of the match the whole time". I think he honestly believed that.

SoBad
06-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Well, now he has the game to back it up lol

Yeah, now that he's got some results that he had been aiming for, he doesn't need a big mouth to get attention.

rfprse
06-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Well, he seems to have learned how to handle the press.
His game has been one of my favorite among young players (along with Berdych's), and he does seem to have grown up (as any normal kids would (or should)).
However, the way media is covering him these days and its result you can see, for example, on this board shows how important a factor is the angle of coverage and the spinning in fans' attitude to and appreciation of a player.
Just think about what it would be like for example if espn just keep coming back to the "arrogant" comments and the previous incidents of gamesmanship.

DX_Psycho
06-06-2007, 09:49 PM
he always seemed like he was making jokes to me. you guys took his jokes too seriously and start screaming bloody murder. now he's not joking anymore, and you guys suddenly like im.

jukka1970
06-06-2007, 10:02 PM

Though it's true that his draw would be considered easy compared to some of the others. I think you're dismissing him a bit quick with the names you gave.

He beat Baghdatis at the ATP in rome this year (clay tournament)
Again this year he beat Robredo in the Semi's and Gasquet in the finals at Estoril in Portugal (another clay tournament) Putting Safin in that list is nothing short of a joke, since he was out 2nd round, and I think anyone could have beat him, given how horrible he played.

So there are 4 of the 7 names. As for Canas the drug user, I think the only reason he's done well is because he was out for so long and no one knew what to expect from him. And honestly Canas ranking has nowhere to go but up, because he's got no points to defend. He will soon sink as the upper players relearn his game.

Jukka

Mr. Sean
06-06-2007, 10:08 PM
He learned about PR finally. All pros suck at pr when they first start. When you are good at pr you leave all your personal thoughts to yourself like cockiness and let the media hear what they want to hear. Federer is the king of Public Relations and always makes sure he doesnt sound too cocky or arrogant in his interviews. If you notice in all of his press conferences he always states how good his opponents are but says he can win at the end of the answer. Pretty funny. Fed is perfect on the court and in the media. Djokovic is still probably arrogant as hell but he doesnt let the media know about it.

Fee
06-06-2007, 10:25 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/justin_gimelstob/06/05/djokovic.qa/index.html

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-07-2007, 11:07 AM
I didn't think he was arrogant. Like myself, I think with some of the players where English isn’t their first language, they tend come off “arrogant” in press conferences or the way they speak.

But…

What I have seen in some of his interviews that he is taking his time to express himself and mastering the English language. I also think he has matured over he past year or so.

TheTruth
06-07-2007, 11:23 AM
I think he is arrogant, just like Roddick. But he does give good interviews and hugs at the net. Don't like him since he "cheated" Monfils that year at the French taking all of those timeouts. "It was the only way I could win." He joked/said. (I don't know what a cheat is anymore after being on this board, seems like anything goes). At any rate it was in poor taste. Yeah, maybe we're all invisible keyboarders here without a lot at stake, but I look at it as if it was me. If he would have taken all of those timeouts against ME, I would have been mad. I'm equally mad to see it done to others. There's no telling how much money and how many ranking points Monfils lost behind that. Therefore, although he is a great player, with a beautiful game, I personally will never root for such a callous person. (How's that Redweb? I didn't use the word cheater!)

LarougeNY
06-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Though it's true that his draw would be considered easy compared to some of the others. I think you're dismissing him a bit quick with the names you gave.

He beat Baghdatis at the ATP in rome this year (clay tournament)
Again this year he beat Robredo in the Semi's and Gasquet in the finals at Estoril in Portugal (another clay tournament) Putting Safin in that list is nothing short of a joke, since he was out 2nd round, and I think anyone could have beat him, given how horrible he played.

So there are 4 of the 7 names. As for Canas the drug user, I think the only reason he's done well is because he was out for so long and no one knew what to expect from him. And honestly Canas ranking has nowhere to go but up, because he's got no points to defend. He will soon sink as the upper players relearn his game.

Jukka

What??
Okay, lets start with the names.
Baggy-Everyone knows he's been on a bad streak for most of this year, but at the FO he regained his old form from last year-form that would definitley put the cap on Djoke's game or take him the distance at least.

Robredo-Didn't lose a set in the tournament, then took one off of fed then lost (obvioulsy to fed). He was on fire this tournament, and he (imo) would've taken down djoke as well in 4 or 5.

Gasquet-Ok, he didn't exactly play well at all this tournament, but he is the most promising junior next to djoko. I think his game is superior when he plays well, but when he doesn't its a different story.

And Mighty Safin. I think Tipsaravic said it best with his toy analogy "Tennis is like a toy to safin, when he's intersted nobody can beat him, but when he's not then he doesn't show his talent". He played quite well 1st round, and had a bad day second round. He can beat anyone, just about (maybe not fed or rafa anymore) but djokovic definitely would lose to an in-form safin. This guy won two grandslams, something djokovic may never do, and he won his first one by beating an all time great (something Djoko will NEVER do).

And canas, thats insensitive calling him a drug user. You're probably ignorant in this sense, because you're basing your assumption on one side's story without hearing his side. I believe him, and he certainly is a good player. Theres a reason he beat fed twice (once legit) and got to the finals of a masters series and a GS Quarterfinal within a year of his comeback.

jukka1970
06-07-2007, 02:18 PM
What??
Baggy-Everyone knows he's been on a bad streak for most of this year, but at the FO he regained his old form from last year-form that would definitley put the cap on Djoke's game or take him the distance at least.

Robredo-Didn't lose a set in the tournament, then took one off of fed then lost (obvioulsy to fed). He was on fire this tournament, and he (imo) would've taken down djoke as well in 4 or 5.

Gasquet-Ok, he didn't exactly play well at all this tournament, but he is the most promising junior next to djoko. I think his game is superior when he plays well, but when he doesn't its a different story.

And Mighty Safin. I think Tipsaravic said it best with his toy analogy "Tennis is like a toy to safin, when he's intersted nobody can beat him, but when he's not then he doesn't show his talent". He played quite well 1st round, and had a bad day second round. He can beat anyone, just about (maybe not fed or rafa anymore) but djokovic definitely would lose to an in-form safin. This guy won two grandslams, something djokovic may never do, and he won his first one by beating an all time great (something Djoko will NEVER do).

And canas, thats insensitive calling him a drug user. You're probably ignorant in this sense, because you're basing your assumption on one side's story without hearing his side. I believe him, and he certainly is a good player. Theres a reason he beat fed twice (once legit) and got to the finals of a masters series and a GS Quarterfinal within a year of his comeback.

Okay, lets start with the obvious. Anyone who fails a drug test is a drug user in my book, be it in tennis, baseball the Olympics, etc. etc. etc. And honestly I don't care what his so called (side) excuse was. It's every athlete's responsibility to know what is going into his or her body, and to follow the rules Period. Who he's beaten or not beaten has absolutely no bearing on how I feel about his drug use. So sorry, but no ignorance here, I'm following the facts. The drug testers don't randomly pick someone and say, oh I think we'll fail this person. Yes he did beat Federer, and he probably did do it drug free, and I'm sure he's a great tennis player. But I do believe that one reason Canas is doing so well, is because he's been out so long that people haven't had a chance to see his game in a while. That's not to say that it's the only reason, and I never said it was the only reason. One still has to be a great tennis player to be able to beat players in the top 10.

The examples I provided of tournaments where Djokovic won, was to explain to you, that you can't just write off a player because he or she didn't run into certain players. From what you said in this post, you're assuming that I was trying to say that Djokovic would always win, and that's not what I'm saying, far from it. What I am saying is that Djokovic has beaten these players, and you can't just say well Djokovic is only in the Semi's because of an easy draw and because he hasn't ran into these players

I agree Baghdatis is an excellent player, and honestly am kind of shocked at his bad streak. I thought he had gained the mental edge, but it seems there is still work in this dept. Gasquet is another example of someone who should be in more semi's and finals then he has been, and I also believe that he needs work on the same area as Baghdatis, the mental game. It's fine if you believe that Robredo would have beaten him here at the French Open, honestly I don't know who would have won, but you can't just assume that Djokovic would lose because it's Robredo, is the point I was making.

As for Safin, no doubt there is extreme talent, and he is one of the biggest head cases in Tennis. It's amazing how much this talent has gone to waste because he can't keep himself focused. As for the first round, yes he did play great, and the conditions were horrible at best with all the wind and the cold, etc. The problem with Safin, is that he is so rarely in form that I don't think he should ever be on that list. Perhaps I should have written more then just saying he lost in the 2nd round. It would have been better if I had written that Safin was being Safin, the complete headcase, and is out early in a tournament yet again, this time 2nd round.

Jukka

LarougeNY
06-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Okay, lets start with the obvious. Anyone who fails a drug test is a drug user in my book, be it in tennis, baseball the Olympics, etc. etc. etc. And honestly I don't care what his so called (side) excuse was. It's every athlete's responsibility to know what is going into his or her body, and to follow the rules Period. Who he's beaten or not beaten has absolutely no bearing on how I feel about his drug use. So sorry, but no ignorance here, I'm following the facts. The drug testers don't randomly pick someone and say, oh I think we'll fail this person. Yes he did beat Federer, and he probably did do it drug free, and I'm sure he's a great tennis player. But I do believe that one reason Canas is doing so well, is because he's been out so long that people haven't had a chance to see his game in a while. That's not to say that it's the only reason, and I never said it was the only reason. One still has to be a great tennis player to be able to beat players in the top 10.

The examples I provided of tournaments where Djokovic won, was to explain to you, that you can't just write off a player because he or she didn't run into certain players. From what you said in this post, you're assuming that I was trying to say that Djokovic would always win, and that's not what I'm saying, far from it. What I am saying is that Djokovic has beaten these players, and you can't just say well Djokovic is only in the Semi's because of an easy draw and because he hasn't ran into these players

I agree Baghdatis is an excellent player, and honestly am kind of shocked at his bad streak. I thought he had gained the mental edge, but it seems there is still work in this dept. Gasquet is another example of someone who should be in more semi's and finals then he has been, and I also believe that he needs work on the same area as Baghdatis, the mental game. It's fine if you believe that Robredo would have beaten him here at the French Open, honestly I don't know who would have won, but you can't just assume that Djokovic would lose because it's Robredo, is the point I was making.

As for Safin, no doubt there is extreme talent, and he is one of the biggest head cases in Tennis. It's amazing how much this talent has gone to waste because he can't keep himself focused. As for the first round, yes he did play great, and the conditions were horrible at best with all the wind and the cold, etc. The problem with Safin, is that he is so rarely in form that I don't think he should ever be on that list. Perhaps I should have written more then just saying he lost in the 2nd round. It would have been better if I had written that Safin was being Safin, the complete headcase, and is out early in a tournament yet again, this time 2nd round.

Jukka

Well Jukka....I understand and agree with your points.
I just wish Marcos beat igor so he could set up a match with djoko when he's actually playing well. That would be a great match. It would be a nice change from all these beatings given by fed and nadal.

chrisak47
06-07-2007, 03:51 PM
:P I think he is in love with Ana Ivanovic...<3

They are just perfect for each other...Born the same year, similar playing styles, both wear Adidas, both use a Wilson nBlade, both SERBIANS, both were born in Belgrade...

The list goes on...:) :) :)

SuperPhong
06-07-2007, 04:04 PM
What??

Wow such strong word like NEVER!! NEVER say never my friend, someone will dethrone Federer and I think that person will be Djoke, as for the grandslams I think he'll win more than two by the time his career is over. so I still find you words quite harsh without much backing, your dislike for djoke the man has blinded you from djoke the tennis player...

LarougeNY
06-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Wow such strong word like NEVER!! NEVER say never my friend, someone will dethrone Federer and I think that person will be Djoke, as for the grandslams I think he'll win more than two by the time his career is over. so I still find you words quite harsh without much backing, your dislike for djoke the man has blinded you from djoke the tennis player...

no way. According to the prophecy, as pete sampras was born in August of 1971 and Federer was born in August of 1981, the next champion must be born in August of 1991. Damn, I was born a month too early to be the next great....lol

Anyway, no I know djoko is a really good player, soon to be top 5. I see him beating many of the top guys around, I just think that he'll never really be able to challenge nadal or fed on their turfs (clay and grass respectively). And I'm nostalgic of the good old days (not too long ago) when Hewitt and roddick and safin, and agassi, and nalbandian, and coria, and gaudio, and moya were the top ten guys. I miss those hewitt fed matches, and those gaudio coria matches..

@wright
06-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Don't worry, soon the Nadal/ Fed matches will resemble Hewitt/Fed matches. Remember when Hewitt lost to the eventual champ in about 6 slams in a row?

Chauvalito
06-07-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm sure everyone remembers Novak's ******** press conference comments last year. Now, he is completely changed. He is humble and expresses a desire to improve. What happened? Someone must have talked to him.

I think its called maturity...I think he found it...

but I would want him to keep the arrogance, I think it will make him a better player

LarougeNY
06-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Don't worry, soon the Nadal/ Fed matches will resemble Hewitt/Fed matches. Remember when Hewitt lost to the eventual champ in about 6 slams in a row?

Hopefully thats true. But I like hewitt, I really want him to get back to the top. I have no idea how he lost to roddick at the USO, imo hes a much better player.
And I did feel bad for hewitt for coming so close to winning some more slams, but losing out to fed. must be really demoralizing.

redsoxjad
06-07-2007, 05:01 PM
He certainly shouldn't be cocky with regard to his singing ability. Did you see the karaoke video clip on cnnsi.com today. It was atrocious.....

katarddx
06-07-2007, 05:33 PM
rodick had never learned...

grif
06-07-2007, 05:41 PM
More than anything, Nole just seems like a natural showman and is having a laugh:

Nole does Jackie Chan (http://roland-garros.france3.fr/reportages-videos/rg-2007_main.php3?date=2007/06/4&id_article=110)

diegaa
06-07-2007, 06:29 PM

ditto. besides, give the guy a break, that time he had just lost and ****ed and sportmen sometimes say stupid things right after a loosing match or a competition and are upset. damnit.

LarougeNY
06-07-2007, 06:31 PM
More than anything, Nole just seems like a natural showman and is having a laugh:

Nole does Jackie Chan (http://roland-garros.france3.fr/reportages-videos/rg-2007_main.php3?date=2007/06/4&id_article=110)

is it a video or just audio? there's no video on mine, but it seems kinda wierd without video.

jukka1970
06-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Well Jukka....I understand and agree with your points.
I just wish Marcos beat igor so he could set up a match with djoko when he's actually playing well. That would be a great match. It would be a nice change from all these beatings given by fed and nadal.

I wish Marcos had beaten Igor too, and I certainly agree that Djoko and Marcos playing would have been a better match. I mean it may not have, but it just seemed that it would have been. All we can hope for is that Marcos and Gasquet each work on the mental toughness. I think of the 6 that the announcers keep talking about that these two have improved the most and it's the mental game keeping them with the other 3. And with making the finals in Australia, I really thought Marcos had the mental part, but it obviously needs some tweaking.

Jukka

grif
06-08-2007, 01:06 AM
is it a video or just audio? there's no video on mine, but it seems kinda wierd without video.

Video + Audio. I'm not sure if you need to download a video codec or do some other update, but it works fine on mine.

Buuurnz
06-08-2007, 03:46 AM
he is only 20 years old, he is self confident and english isnt his first language...!
Now please tell me, when u r/were 20 and had to speak a different language than English how would that sound??? You'd probably be like: Yeah I won I'm the best something...!
Djoko is getting older and learns from things...! He aint all that bad!
I think he is a kool and nice dude that has a lot of fun and makes me laugh a lot of time!
So pleaseee stop bashing him! I read in an interview that he said the media took his statements wrong(from last year)...we all know either it's the language barrier or that the press just likes putting up half true half made up stories...!

DashaandSafin
06-08-2007, 06:33 AM
I guess hes more humble or whatnot now. I dont see him taking anymore dubious injury timeouts.

TheTruth
06-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Djoke will contest for grandslams. He has a lot of game and he plays smart. He needs time to grow up more for sure, but a lot will depend on how he processes everything that's happening to him in this whirlwind. Think about it, his life is changing at an astounding rate. Soon, he will go from being the hunter to the prey. Then take into consideration a sophomore slump and the heavy expectations, no one can know he will juggle all of these balls. But, with Djokovic, he has the heart of a champion. Even if he falls, he will get back up. He actually believes he belongs at the top. Credit to him for that!