PDA

View Full Version : How to string Babolat PC properly

ronin
09-28-2004, 06:41 AM
My local stringer seems to me that don't know how to string PC like the specification of Babolat.
Any one here can help me to understand how do I need to string it so I can show him ?

Jerry Seinfeld
09-28-2004, 07:09 AM
Sounds like it may be time to find a new local stringer.

Seriously, why do you believe he does not know how to string your racquet properly? What is he doing or not doing that is causing you concern?

ronin
09-28-2004, 10:18 AM
First, it was is first time stringing 16X20 pattern
He also didn't tied the strings exactly like it shows in the PDF file in Babolat site, and I understand that there is a certain way
to string with the woofer system.

I can't show him the Pdf page because I'll look like a gick or something and besides I do not want him to think that I think he is a bad stringer, you know it is his proffesion

Jerry Seinfeld
09-28-2004, 10:57 AM
There are multiple approaches/patterns that can be used to safely string a racquet. Where knots end up can vary according to pattern used. A 16x20 pattern is not inherently different from others...I can't see how that would impact the job. If he was using two pieces, (Babolat recommends one piece for their Pure Controls), then he had to enlarge a couple of grommets for tie-off purposes. Two piece stringing on these racquets is safe and must be used for hybrids.

The woofer system does not require any special technique for stringing. It does come into play when selecting the correct tension/string type etcetera, but the installation process for woofers is no different than any other racquet.

That said...you are the customer. You have every right to have your racquet strung the way you prefer. Next time simply take your documentation to him and tell him you want him to follow it. This is not insulting in any way. As a customer you are requesting a specific service and providing extra detail. Nothing wrong with this approach. If a customer came to me with this request I would happily oblige.

Onward!

Matt H.
09-29-2004, 12:15 AM
i just strung up a couple PC's this week actually.

Babolat recommends 1-piecing it because for a 2-piece, you end up tieing off the mains at the head, and the crosses are strung from throat to head.

ronin
09-29-2004, 03:07 AM
So if I tell my stringer to string in one piece and to start from
the main he can't go wrong , Is he ???

Also, Is the number of ties must be exactly as Babolat recommand?

thanks