PDA

View Full Version : Knees crack/pop on flexing

abrahavt
06-06-2007, 11:22 AM
A lot of the time when I flex my knees I get a cracking sound like when you crack your knuckles. Sometimes that cracking is accompanied by some pain when I flex. I did go to a doctor and he said that all he could see was some arthritis on the XRays and would need an MRI for better diagnosis. Since MRI are expensive I have held off. The other problem was that my knees used to hurt after playing but after using braces for both my knees while playing they dont really hurt as much any more. Apparently my knee cap moves around a lot and that causes irritation and pain and the braces keep it from moving. Still havent solved the problem of cracking while flexing. Was wondering if anyone has had that problem.

zapvor
06-06-2007, 07:37 PM
A lot of the time when I flex my knees I get a cracking sound like when you crack your knuckles. Sometimes that cracking is accompanied by some pain when I flex. I did go to a doctor and he said that all he could see was some arthritis on the XRays and would need an MRI for better diagnosis. Since MRI are expensive I have held off. The other problem was that my knees used to hurt after playing but after using braces for both my knees while playing they dont really hurt as much any more. Apparently my knee cap moves around a lot and that causes irritation and pain and the braces keep it from moving. Still havent solved the problem of cracking while flexing. Was wondering if anyone has had that problem.

get some insurance coverage for the mri, wait a little for it to kick in, then get it done. cant hurt

zzzbrianxxx
06-07-2007, 12:09 PM
I have the exact same problems as you. I haven't seen a doctor about it yet, but I've noticed that my knees are SLIGHTLY bent at an angle. What about you?

abrahavt
06-08-2007, 06:53 AM
No bend in the knee as far as I can see. The is slight muscle imbalance in the muscles above one knee (as compared to the other) and am working to correct it but I dont think that is the cause of the cracking sound.

malkuth
06-08-2007, 03:54 PM
I have the same cracking sound on both my knees, have had it for as long as I can remember. I've never felt any pain from it, though. I've never had it looked at since it's never been a problem, but still curious on people's answers to this thread.

EDIT: It only happens when I bend my knee as far as I can, not during running or playing tennis or the like.

uni
06-08-2007, 06:05 PM
i think that its normal