PDA

View Full Version : Graff's double handed backhand pic

FedSampras
06-06-2007, 06:38 PM
http://av.tennis-warehouse.com/ppgal/SGRAF/GRAFMISC-026.jpg

Fräulein Forehand, undone by Seles's ability to hit winners fore and aft at the German Open, was espied at Roland Garros using a two-fisted backhand, presumably to keep up in the arms race. In the head war between the two young women, Seles may have won the final then and there, for she saw Graf practicing the unfamiliar stroke. "It was a little strange seeing her doing that," said Seles. (Sports Illustrated 1990)

Mick
06-06-2007, 08:05 PM
wow. amazing. I never knew Graf would practice a two-handed backhand.

SoBad
06-06-2007, 08:09 PM
I am not surprised to learn that she had experimented with a two-handed backhand. Wasn't she famous for her issues with topspin backhand and hitting 99pct slice, even for passing shots?

Mick
06-06-2007, 08:14 PM
yep. Graf hit mostly backhand slices and often would run around the backhand to hit a forehand.

Mad iX
06-06-2007, 08:55 PM
I'd heard about her doing that, but this is the first pic I've seen of it.
Does look weird.

kimizz
06-07-2007, 12:54 AM
They showed some old match from RG few weeks back. The commentator sayd Graf hits the drive BH(topspin) a lot in practise but in the matches its all slice. Then there was a point where she hit three topspine BH:s including a winner DTL and the commentator sayd this is weird, Graf using the drive BH.

Didnt she ever use the topspin BH? Even in the latter years? The match I saw was from 91 or something like that.

edmondsm
06-07-2007, 01:06 AM
Looks about as natural as Roddick's.

Gundam
06-07-2007, 02:06 AM
They showed some old match from RG few weeks back. The commentator sayd Graf hits the drive BH(topspin) a lot in practise but in the matches its all slice. Then there was a point where she hit three topspine BH:s including a winner DTL and the commentator sayd this is weird, Graf using the drive BH.

Didnt she ever use the topspin BH? Even in the latter years? The match I saw was from 91 or something like that.

I've seen it a couple times. Actually she hit it very well and just imagine the surprise factor! She hit it with wicked angle a la Federer and the ball landed in service box. I wondered why she didn't hit it more cause it looked good. But yeah, Graf with 2HBH is weird. I am pretty sure she could hit almost every kind of shot but she didn't need them all anyway.

kooyah
06-07-2007, 02:39 AM
I am not surprised to learn that she had experimented with a two-handed backhand. Wasn't she famous for her issues with topspin backhand and hitting 99pct slice, even for passing shots?

I don't think she gave any consideration to actually using it. She was just known for hitting it in practice.

Warriorroger
06-07-2007, 02:50 AM
I don't think she gave any consideration to actually using it. She was just known for hitting it in practice.

You're right, this thread is nothing to start a shameless bashing of Graf again. The moderators have made clear that they are hardcore Seles fans bye allowing this again and again.

Fedsampras is a sick coward:
Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/sendmessage.php) and they may be able to help.

FedSampras
06-07-2007, 03:59 AM
You're right, this thread is nothing to start a shameless bashing of Graf again. The moderators have made clear that they are hardcore Seles fans bye allowing this again and again.

Fedsampras is a sick coward:
Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/sendmessage.php) and they may be able to help.

the mentality of the obsessed twisted grafan is unfathomable...

tennisfanatic
06-07-2007, 04:01 AM

Fräulein Forehand, undone by Seles's ability to hit winners fore and aft at the German Open, was espied at Roland Garros using a two-fisted backhand, presumably to keep up in the arms race. In the head war between the two young women, Seles may have won the final then and there, for she saw Graf practicing the unfamiliar stroke. "It was a little strange seeing her doing that," said Seles. (Sports Illustrated 1990)

Photoshop?

FedSampras
06-07-2007, 04:03 AM
Photoshop?

no.

Warriorroger
06-07-2007, 07:24 AM
the mentality of the obsessed twisted grafan is unfathomable...

Listen: S I C K C O W A R D

I hope life is fair and you meet me in person one day.

Ben42
06-07-2007, 07:31 AM

Günter? Is that you?

LDVTennis
06-07-2007, 03:25 PM

Even better.

Let's drag out the photos of Seles in her "sausage" dress.

See who has the better laugh.:p

FedSampras
06-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Even better.

Let's drag out the photos of Seles in her "sausage" dress.

See who has the better laugh.:p

I would never insult Seles by comparing her to that ugly germ "dogface" Graff. :D

FedSampras
06-07-2007, 08:20 PM

Warriorroger,( like Gunther )- do you get paid a commission for each incomprehensible twisted KNIFE post you make....? Just curious.

i'm close to concluding that this homicidal GraFan is Parche himself........