PDA

View Full Version : Doubles....

Shahar26
06-07-2007, 08:32 AM
First of all good luck to Nathalie Dechy (FRA)and Andy Ram (ISR) who are playing the mixed doubles final (RG) now...

I like mixed doubles the best, I like the Man Vs Woman aspect of it, it adds a lot of strategy IMO....

Nuke
06-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Poll should have specified whether we like doubles as a player or a spectator. I'll play men's doubles once in awhile, but I don't watch doubles.

diegaa
06-07-2007, 10:29 AM
i dont like watching doubles. I mean, I do prefer watching singles. if the there is no singles going on at the time, i´ll go with doubles. Its better than nothin.
BTW, the same is with WTA. :?

diegaa
06-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Poll should have specified whether we like doubles as a player or a spectator. I'll play men's doubles once in awhile, but I don't watch doubles.

i believe if its in this section, the OP meant watching pro players.

Nuke
06-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Yeah, that's how I voted in the poll. I like doubles enough to play occasionally, but not really to watch, so I voted "I do not like."

Shahar26
06-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Congrats to Andy and Nathalie :D

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
06-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Was a toss up, because I've liked the women's doubles I've seen played, but I've seen far more men's. I prefer either of these because they seem more balanced.

With mixed doubles, so often the guy is extremely aggressive (which I understand is the advantage) just cutting off the angle, putting away the serve return. Point won. It's rather monotonous to me.

But with the men's and women's pairs, you see more scrambling, strategy, and change-ups. I would like to see more doubles being shown in broadcasts. Plus when going to tournaments, I enjoying watching doubles play more live.

tintin
06-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Congrats to Andy and Nathalie :D

ur right congrats to her
2nd Slam in doubles,one at the USO with Zvonareva and now with Andy:D
better for her to stick with doubles because she's never going to make it far at a Slam like she did against Davenport back in 2005 holding 2 MP against her:shock:
congrats again:D