PDA

View Full Version : Are we going to see Nadal semis only? I hate NBC

RMB
06-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Are we going to see Nadal semis only? Not Federer vs. Davy semis match?
This is inconceivable. According to the Roland Garros site, the semis are going to start at 1:00 p.m. local time. That means the first semifinal match is scheduled to start at 7:00 a.m. US E.T., but NBC will only start their coverage at 10:00 a.m., so obviously they CAN only show the 2nd match, isn't it? Federerís match is the first semifinal. Therefore, unless NBC shows us a TAPED match, we are going to see Nadal semis only. Again, this is inconceivable. And to make things worse, TTC is not scheduled to cover the 1st men's semifinal match, so that means that the 1st semi will probably not available for anyone in US. I suggest we start to write some e-mails to the $#@%#$@! NBC Tv Station. Why they do this to all the US tennis fans? We do not deserve this. Does anybody know if ESP2 will play the men's semi-final live on Friday or at least taped?

Moose Malloy
06-07-2007, 09:01 AM
NBC has covered the FO for over 20 years, in those 20 some years except for 2005(the Federer-Nadal SF) they have always shown the mens semi on tape
delay, & it usually is always the first semi.

This is due to the fact that they don't want to pre-empt the Today show. The scenario is even more extreme on the West Coast, since NBC has an "all time zones" policy, those on the west coast have to wait even longer for their tape delayed coverage.

So you can see the Federer-Davydenko match on NBC, on tape delay. They will show Nadal-Djokovic(on tape delay as well of course) on ESPN or TTC later in the day(NBC doesn't allow either to be on the air as the same time they are)

BTW, you should prepare yourself for Wimbledon, NBC covers the semis there as well(even later in the day if I recall correctly)

I'm betting this won't be the last thread we see on this this week.

Doc Hollidae
06-07-2007, 09:08 AM
Can't you watch them live on ESPN360? Not sure what time they'd start.

Moose Malloy
06-07-2007, 09:23 AM
ESPN is not legally allowed to show them live, even on the internet.

NBC has "exclusive rights" to one men's semi, & no other channel is allowed to broadcast either until their broadcast is over.

dh003i
06-07-2007, 09:34 AM
For Wimbledon, just get Wimbledon Live. It's the only way to go.

RMB
06-07-2007, 09:37 AM
NBC has covered the FO for over 20 years, in those 20 some years except for 2005(the Federer-Nadal SF) they have always shown the mens semi on tape delay, & it usually is always the first semi.

My problem is: A) It is taped; B) we do not know which semis they are going to show; C) they do not show both semis. Wonder why they bother to air tennis matches in the first place (ironic tone)?

This is due to the fact that they don't want to pre-empt the Today show. The scenario is even more extreme on the West Coast, since NBC has an "all time zones" policy, those on the west coast have to wait even longer for their tape delayed coverage.

I'm glad that tomorrow Friday they are going to air the Today show. In fact, now I'm happy. Forget about the semis of a grand slam. Who cares anyway? Ahh, but the Today show, that is a must. I will never forgive NBC if they decide to cancel one day of a weekly show like the Today show in order to air some tennis that America's audience does not care anyway.

So you can see the Federer-Davydenko match on NBC, on tape delay. They will show Nadal-Djokovic(on tape delay as well of course) on ESPN or TTC later in the day(NBC doesn't allow either to be on the air as the same time they are) BTW, you should prepare yourself for Wimbledon, NBC covers the semis there as well(even later in the day if I recall correctly) I'm betting this won't be the last thread we see on this this week.

That is correct. The TC is going to air the Men's semis Friday at 4:00 p.m. E.T.

grizzly4life
06-07-2007, 09:42 AM
TSN here in canada has a listing for tennis very early tomorrow morning... where are they picking up the feed??.....

tennissavy
06-07-2007, 10:19 AM
According to a newsletter that TTC sent me today, we should be able to see both men's semifinals either livestream or on tv for those of us who receive the channel.

topspin73212
06-07-2007, 10:27 AM
What's even worse about NBC is that for another straight year, they won't be showing championship weekend in High Definition....last weekend they broadcast the matches with bars on the sides.

RMB
06-07-2007, 11:13 AM
According to a newsletter that TTC sent me today, we should be able to see both men's semifinals either livestream or on tv for those of us who receive the channel.

Yes, TC is going to air the Men's semis Friday, but at 4:00 p.m. E.T. and then again at 11:00 p.m. Well, better this than nothing. Still mad at NBC. *****ti Today show!

mdjenders
06-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Once again, NBC sucks balls! Expect the worst from this crappy network with its stupid Today show and strongarmed match rights tactics. Someone posted the Wimby live service earlier in the week, and I signed up instantly. Imagine a whole Wimby fortnight without Bud Collins, without tape delay, without "all time zones". Ah, it's gonna be nice!

P.S. If anyone finds a decent internet stream for both semis live, it would be appreciated by many. I really don't want to give NBC my viewership if I dont have to.

tennissavy
06-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Yes, TC is going to air the Men's semis Friday, but at 4:00 p.m. E.T. and then again at 11:00 p.m. Well, better this than nothing. Still mad at NBC. *****ti Today show!

I know the website says 4pm men's semis but the newsletter says that the coverage will be live. Often, the website does not reflect what is actually broadcast to the public! There is some hope that TTC will cover it live. However, like espn TTC cannot be trusted in any way. It did promise 4 livestreams every day and certain matches were supposed to be "exclusive" but that was not the truth. I hope that we can see the matches live too.

RMB
06-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Lets cross our fingers!

tennissavy
06-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Lets cross our fingers!

Yes, both matches are interesting to me. If you find out for sure if there is coverage on tv or internet of BOTH semis please post it here in this thread so we know where to look. I will do the same.

psamp14
06-07-2007, 12:01 PM
can we view it on the espn live stream like everyone's been doing for the entire fortnight?

i'm thinking NBC will show nadal's semi, the more anticipated one, and some highlights of federer's semi

even if its not live (espn live stream on internet), it was at most a 7-10 second delay...i'm hoping for that...someone please confirm!

tennissavy
06-07-2007, 02:02 PM
If you get TTC I would advise you to wait until 4pm to watch the semis back to back. Otherwise, I am 99% certain that NBC will give the result of the semi it is not showing. Of course, you will have to avoid the internet and many tv stations to have those matches be a surprise. Again if there is any livestream for the matches tomorrow morning, which I doubt with nbc having rights to at least one of them, let's post that livestream info here.

Rulo
06-07-2007, 02:04 PM
I think you can see both matches in ESPN....
Oops.... Just Latin America ;)

JennyS
06-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Why does NBC even bother covering the men's semifinals? It seems pointless really. In fact, NBC should only bother covering the finals.

Moose Malloy
06-07-2007, 02:18 PM

I think TTC is showing the senior mens matches live tomorrow, not the men's semis.

tonsorial
06-07-2007, 02:28 PM
there will be no live feed on espn360. thats confirmed

@wright
06-07-2007, 02:41 PM
So those of us with no TC can only see the Nadal semi?

RMB
06-07-2007, 03:21 PM
If you get TTC I would advise you to wait until 4pm to watch the semis back to back. Otherwise, I am 99% certain that NBC will give the result of the semi it is not showing. Of course, you will have to avoid the internet and many tv stations to have those matches be a surprise. Again if there is any livestream for the matches tomorrow morning, which I doubt with nbc having rights to at least one of them, let's post that livestream info here.

That is the best solution. I hope I do get around some people like "Homer" (Simpsons) or "Higins" (Magnum P.I.) that tells you the results...

RMB
06-07-2007, 03:22 PM
So those of us with no TC can only see the Nadal semi?

Nadal or Federer's game. Go ahead, please say something ugly about those b a s t a r d s at the NBC.

@wright
06-07-2007, 04:09 PM
you....b a s ta rds!

tennissavy
06-07-2007, 04:10 PM
I think TTC is showing the senior mens matches live tomorrow, not the men's semis.

TTC promises to cover both.

pound cat
06-07-2007, 04:30 PM
TSN here in canada has a listing for tennis very early tomorrow morning... where are they picking up the feed??.....

It's not ESPN International like we usually get. It has only Aussie commentators (Fred stolle, Wally Masure ) and they mentioned something about it being filmed by French film crews. but they never said anything about what network it is (it's great BTW) If anyone has satellite it"s TSN Canada. Starts at 7 AM EST and will also show women and men's final live as well. I've seen just about every match that's been played for 2 weeks Live. Super coverage.

MoFed
06-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Why does NBC even bother covering the men's semifinals? It seems pointless really. In fact, NBC should only bother covering the finals.
I would agree with that. Especially since the final is the only one they broadcast live. Let the cable channels air the regular matches since they don't have to worry pre-empting the stupid Today Show. I was shocked when I saw that they would be broadcasting the finals live. I mean who wants to wait all day to find out what happens when the match has been over for hours and they're asleep in Paris already!

MoFed
06-07-2007, 04:36 PM
The last time Roger play Youhzny they had the broadcast feed on SopCast from Russia. I fully expect them to do the same thing. I mean Davydenko is much higher ranked than Youhzny so they should be playing the match. Let's hope!

tennissavy
06-07-2007, 07:08 PM
The last time Roger play Youhzny they had the broadcast feed on SopCast from Russia. I fully expect them to do the same thing. I mean Davydenko is much higher ranked than Youhzny so they should be playing the match. Let's hope!

what sopcast station is that?

purespin
06-07-2007, 08:30 PM
what sopcast station is that?

CCTV-5 will broadcast the semis from 7:15am - 12pm PST. It's the China national TV station.

Morrissey
06-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Yay, NBC did something right for once. For the rest of you guys, tough! :-)

MasturB
06-08-2007, 12:17 AM
I don't blame NBC for doing this to be honest.

Nadal vs. Djokovic seems to be the more even matchup compared to Federer-Youzhny.

They're basically going to air the more competitive match. I guess they have the feeling that Djokovic has a better chance to beat Nadal than Youzhny does of beating Fed.

annihilatorpro
06-08-2007, 01:42 AM
Damn it, so we're not gonna be getting any tennis live?? The Federer match is set to start at 13:00 in France, which equates to 4:00 AM PST time. What gives???

tennis_hand
06-08-2007, 02:53 AM
CCTV-5 will broadcast the semis from 7:15am - 12pm PST. It's the China national TV station.

thanks. I'll watch that.

MoFed
06-08-2007, 03:12 AM
The game is being broadcast live on SopCast Channel 23334 Live TV Plus.

annihilatorpro
06-08-2007, 03:16 AM
good call, i thought cctv-5 would have had it, too, but guess not

tennissavy
06-08-2007, 03:19 AM
good call, i thought cctv-5 would have had it, too, but guess not

I can't find it on sopcast. Did you?

pham4313
06-08-2007, 03:22 AM
The game is being broadcast live on SopCast Channel 23334 Live TV Plus.

works like a charm...seems to be super quality...HD or something..great feed:p

tennissavy
06-08-2007, 03:30 AM
works like a charm...seems to be super quality...HD or something..great feed:p

looking at the sopcast list I don't see the channel.

pham4313
06-08-2007, 03:31 AM
you can directly go to their website savvy sopcast....its there

pham4313
06-08-2007, 03:32 AM
here we go....http://www.sopcast.org/channel/

tennissavy
06-08-2007, 03:33 AM
you can directly go to their website savvy sopcast....its there

I have a mad long list and none with that number or Live TV plus. Where on the list is it?

tennissavy
06-08-2007, 03:38 AM
UGH! found it- buffering
thank you

pham4313
06-08-2007, 03:39 AM
man...davy's wife is so pretty...what a looker;)

tennissavy
06-08-2007, 03:43 AM
pham I am still buffering???

jmsx521
06-08-2007, 03:49 AM
Yes, it takes a few minutes to buffer, but then the quality is pretty clean (at times choppy).

tennis_hand
06-08-2007, 03:53 AM
damn. I finally get my sopcast working after i tried the way a guy suggested in sopcast forum. no longer got application error.

for guys who are still longing for epsn, today there is NO espn. Period. Either SOPcast, or not. Super clear. Fed 4-4 Davy. :)

tennissavy
06-08-2007, 03:58 AM
Mine is still buffering. I am giving up. I'll watch TTC at 4 pm

pham4313
06-08-2007, 04:02 AM
just be patient...give it a min or two...you wont be disappointed with the stream quality

tennissavy
06-08-2007, 04:04 AM
just be patient...give it a min or two...you wont be disappointed with the stream quality

A min. or two I can tolerate. I've been buffering for about 15-20 min.

tennis_hand
06-08-2007, 04:08 AM
if you have application error with sopcast, try this solution posted by 'aceblack':
http://forum.sopcast.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2348&start=15

I tried his way and it solved my sopcast error. Now sopcast livetv is like HDTV quality.

Fedace
06-08-2007, 04:22 AM

what channell is it on?:confused:

Fedace
06-08-2007, 04:41 AM

live cast said it is connecting but nothing ever happens ??:sad:

vkartikv
06-08-2007, 05:06 AM
As endless as this issue is, the common working man has to usually be at work around this time so it doesn't matter whether the match is telecast live or not. It's only for that small fraction of kids who get to stay home (summer vacation) that this is an issue. I am not trying to defend NBC's actions here but this happens every year with USA, ESPN and NBC - like how they didn't show the agassi-nadal wimbledon match live last year (and he is american)

RMB
06-08-2007, 05:32 AM
As endless as this issue is, the common working man has to usually be at work around this time so it doesn't matter whether the match is telecast live or not. It's only for that small fraction of kids who get to stay home (summer vacation) that this is an issue. I am not trying to defend NBC's actions here but this happens every year with USA, ESPN and NBC - like how they didn't show the agassi-nadal wimbledon match live last year (and he is american)

No. I'm working right now and watching the game at the same time thanks to sopcast. And the good news is that I do not have to hear some stupid comments from some commentators (you know who). I prefer to hear the comm. from this russian channel. I'm even enjoying the commercials.

Thanks for the link you people!

DashaandSafin
06-08-2007, 06:41 AM

Tivo....Windows Media Center...

Tennis_Maestro
06-08-2007, 06:48 AM
http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/forum/WMPRoland-Garros-Live-From-All-The-Courts--t-7388.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-08-2007, 07:01 AM
WTF... NBC is showing the Federer-Davydenko match.

Tennis_Maestro
06-08-2007, 07:02 AM

http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/for...s--t-7388.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nadal v Djokovich

Chinese commentary.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-08-2007, 07:03 AM
Thanks u,

This will have to do.

JennyS
06-08-2007, 07:07 AM
BTW, if Nadal/Djokovic runs past 1PM Eastern then the Tennis Channel should pick up with live coverage. What's to stop them? NBC can't control another station once they're off the air!

So Tennis Channel, please pick up with live coverage at 1PM if the match is still going!

tennissavy
06-08-2007, 07:19 AM
BTW, if Nadal/Djokovic runs past 1PM Eastern then the Tennis Channel should pick up with live coverage. What's to stop them? NBC can't control another station once they're off the air!

So Tennis Channel, please pick up with live coverage at 1PM if the match is still going!

Honey, TTC = ESPN now. We aren't getting decent coverage never mind good coverage.

tangerine
06-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Are they showing the whole match or just the tail end of it?

I was hoping NBC would show the Nadal-Djokovic match. :-(

dubsplayer
06-08-2007, 07:55 AM
From the beginning.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Are they showing the whole match or just the tail end of it?

I was hoping NBC would show the Nadal-Djokovic match. :-(

The whole thing, while a good match is on. Well at least the first 2 sets

CivicLx
06-08-2007, 09:04 AM

i know it's scheduled for only 3 hours so I guess they're really only going to show 1 semi on NBC?

JLyon
06-08-2007, 09:25 AM
i know it's scheduled for only 3 hours so I guess they're really only going to show 1 semi on NBC?

I stepped away for a few minutes, did NBC fast forward to late in the 3rd set? I left and it was late in the second set and 20 minutes later it is late in the 3rd set?

pound cat
06-09-2007, 03:24 AM
The feed we're getting in Canada (all live) is called Super Signal...it's a French network. Has somehting to do with the French tennis Federation, Aussie commentators, really excellent .

The Gorilla
06-09-2007, 04:25 AM
Are we going to see Nadal semis only? I hate NBC

ha ha, they clearly hate you

Rybo
06-09-2007, 06:58 AM
did NBC fast forward to late in the 3rd set?

Yup, they skipped 8 games.

armand
06-09-2007, 08:07 AM
The feed we're getting in Canada (all live) is called Super Signal...it's a French network. Has somehting to do with the French tennis Federation, Aussie commentators, really excellent .Really? I hate them I think they're really boring. I prefer Mac+Carillo a thousand times over.