PDA

View Full Version : IF Fed makes the French Final, I think he should.......

alfa164164
06-07-2007, 11:32 AM
come out in those Capri pants that Nadal wears. He is sponsored by Nike after all. No butt picking though.

pcpshortbus
06-07-2007, 02:39 PM
haha BAD idea!

Nadal_Freak
06-07-2007, 02:41 PM
No he should continue to wear that boring clothes that he is wearing right now.

sureshs
06-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Nadal will be glad to lend him one of his used pants.

But Federer should stop with that and not get into the thong thing ...

fastdunn
06-07-2007, 03:19 PM
oh stop this. LOL.

Doc Hollidae
06-07-2007, 03:28 PM
LOL. The mind games. What a mental edge he would have. Rafa would be befundled.

dbnet03
06-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Pls., can any artist here in TW forum photoshop this?: Fed in Capri pants and short sleeve shirt. :)

Mr. Sean
06-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Seriously one of the main reasons I'm looking forward to wimbledon is to see some new nike attire besides the weird shirts that fed has been playing in. Fed usually wears some pretty cool gear but since indian wells it has been pretty bad. Thats enough bowler shirts nike!

Vision84
06-07-2007, 03:39 PM
I think a better idea would be for Nadal to wear regular shorts and a regular shirt instead of a muscle shirt.

A.Davidson
06-07-2007, 03:40 PM
With those biceps? Yeah, right - haha Fed should raid John McEnroe's wardrobe from back in the 80's - tight shorts and a weird headband!

Doc Hollidae
06-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Federer needs to bring back the mullet imo.

AR15
06-07-2007, 04:39 PM
So, you can watch Fed pick his butt between every point like Nadal?

TheMurph
06-07-2007, 04:55 PM
The only thing I agree about this is the no butt picking part...and those shirts Fed is wearing

zapvor
06-07-2007, 05:40 PM
i thought this was a serious thread. i think Federer's outfit is fine.

@wright
06-07-2007, 05:42 PM
I like Fed's shirt...It has the class and elegance for a historical grand slam weekend. No one makes history in sleeveless shirts! Blech

MoFed
06-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Talking fashion is generally never a serious thread. I do however like the shirt this week better than the one he wore for Rome. Hey, blue is a very special color him at RG. He wore it last year and got all the way to the finals and he's one match away from that this year. And he says he's not superstitiuos.

It would be hilarious if he came to the final in capri pants and keep with the butt picking. In fact, he should wear the same outfit as Nadal.

LarougeNY
06-07-2007, 05:48 PM
I like the shirts feds wearing. The red was better than the blue though, but I agree that they're not good at all compared to last years shirts.

redsoxjad
06-07-2007, 05:48 PM
If it's Federer and Rafa in the finals, I think Fed should mimick Rafa's pre-match routine - complete with hopping up and down during the coin toss and the famous sprint back to the baseline...

zapvor
06-07-2007, 05:50 PM
If it's Federer and Rafa in the finals, I think Fed should mimick Rafa's pre-match routine - complete with hopping up and down during the coin toss and the famous sprint back to the baseline...

you are in arlington?!

OrangeOne
06-07-2007, 05:52 PM
IF Fed makes the French Final, I think he should.......

Deliver three, lovely, toasty-warm bagels :-D

zapvor
06-07-2007, 05:58 PM

amen....

35t3gt2g

Attila the tennis Bum
06-07-2007, 07:44 PM
come out in those Capri pants that Nadal wears. He is sponsored by Nike after all. No butt picking though.

And Nadal should come out wearing Federer's new girly perfume and skin care line. Who knows maybe they will be even coming out with a pretty federer purse. Or as Seinfeld calls it a European "man purse".;)

Voltron
06-07-2007, 08:00 PM
No, what he should do is dress in a pirate outfit, complete with eyepatch, but instead of a cutless, use a PS 85.

Nadal_Freak
06-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Nadal should set up a pony tail hair do. :D

couch
06-07-2007, 08:21 PM
No he should continue to wear that boring clothes that he is wearing right now.

Boring? It's called class.

Don't get me wrong, I like Nadal but he looked like a clown in that aqua marine getup he wore before the French Open. My wife said if he put a red nose on he'd be a "dead ringer" for a clown.

See, look:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/couchtato/Nadal1a.jpg

Breakaz54z
06-07-2007, 08:44 PM
lol that's awesome. serious question though, for those have seen pics of federer shirtless, how is he able to play top level tennis without much upper body injury with that physique? I mean yeah he's 6 ft+ with probably a good overall muscle mass but how does he not get injured with those arms? I remember Sampras had pretty good muscle tone back in his day. Though given they're two different european ethnicities and body types. I was gonna post a new topic but i decided not to.

Morrissey
06-07-2007, 08:51 PM
If Nadal is holding up that trophy on Sunday youŽll be the first of many on my list of people to flame afterwards. Funny, a Fedtroll can say this with no problem but a Nadal fan say this and heŽs crucified. Interesting double standard.

Breakaz54z
06-07-2007, 08:55 PM
If Nadal is holding up that trophy on Sunday youŽll be the first of many on my list of people to flame afterwards. Funny, a Fedtroll can say this with no problem but a Nadal fan say this and heŽs crucified. Interesting double standard.

not referring to me? i hope.. i'm impartial of the two. both are great players in their own respect. federer's deceptive scrawniness just baffles me, can anyone explain this?

Nadal_Freak
06-07-2007, 09:20 PM
This board is the closest thing to a Fed board out there unfortunately. We are in the minority. I'm just glad there are some left here to defend Nadal against all the Fed fans here. TW is a great board but I wish there were more equality of Nadal fans as Fed fans.

Purostaff
06-07-2007, 09:21 PM

order of 3 please thanks :D

Morrissey
06-07-2007, 10:51 PM
This board is the closest thing to a Fed board out there unfortunately. We are in the minority. I'm just glad there are some left here to defend Nadal against all the Fed fans here. TW is a great board but I wish there were more equality of Nadal fans as Fed fans.

Boy you ain't kidding. It's one thing to have more fans but when they give you a hard time for being the fan of someone else they should let one be and not harrass them. I guess that's too much for some of "them". Anyway whatever happened to the Andy Murray bandwagon crowd after his performance at the Aussie Open? Oh yeah, they decided to stick with Fed but I sense they're ready to hop over to Joker's bandwagon this summer. Just you watch Freak.

Morrissey
06-07-2007, 10:55 PM
not referring to me? i hope.. i'm impartial of the two. both are great players in their own respect. federer's deceptive scrawniness just baffles me, can anyone explain this?

Nah, not you. I haven't seen you say anything bad, yet. But if you're not a Nadal fan you don't understand how much we have to be on our heels in here. Like Tony Soprano hoping not to get whacked.

Breakaz54z
06-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Nah, not you. I haven't seen you say anything bad, yet. But if you're not a Nadal fan you don't understand how much we have to be on our heels in here. Like Tony Soprano hoping not to get whacked.

haha ok. I don't think I ever will. My view is that we should all get along and eat ice cream in the end even if we're having a heated debate. I use to be a big Nadal fan two years ago when I was still pretty new to tennis. Though then I changed my mind when I learned a lot more about tennis and realized I'm not a big fan of constantly grinding it out. Though I immensely respect his work ethic and his mental toughness. Being able to give it your all on almost every point requires a lot of mental training and strength that I see a good handful of most tennis do not have. I admit I definitely don't have consistent mental toughness during tennis matches.

Morrissey
06-07-2007, 11:13 PM
haha ok. I don't think I ever will. My view is that we should all get along and eat ice cream in the end even if we're having a heated debate. I use to be a big Nadal fan two years ago when I was still pretty new to tennis. Though then I changed my mind when I learned a lot more about tennis and realized I'm not a big fan of constantly grinding it out. Though I immensely respect his work ethic and his mental toughness. Being able to give it your all on almost every point requires a lot of mental training and strength that I see a good handful of most tennis do not have. I admit I definitely don't have consistent mental toughness during tennis matches.

Thing is, in here there are no heated debates. It's pure hatred of each other, Fed trolls and Nadal fans will never ever have peace with one another. It's a constant battle that won't end. But they want it that way. What can you do? I'm not going anywhere, I'll cheer for him as long as he's playing and the trolls will have to put up with it whether they like or not. Same goes for them. They're not going away either unless the moderator is a big time Nadal fan and bans them all! :-) Lol. That's my dream. Anyway, we could use you over here, the more the better. :-D

Breakaz54z
06-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Thing is, in here there are no heated debates. It's pure hatred of each other, Fed trolls and Nadal fans will never ever have peace with one another. It's a constant battle that won't end. But they want it that way. What can you do? I'm not going anywhere, I'll cheer for him as long as he's playing and the trolls will have to put up with it whether they like or not. Same goes for them. They're not going away either unless the moderator is a big time Nadal fan and bans them all! :-) Lol. That's my dream. Anyway, we could use you over here, the more the better. :-D

Yeah so it seems.. Though I'm afraid I'd waver between the two. I guess partly from my own play style and partly I can't wholly like just one player. I'll support you guys when someone is making a way out of line comment about Nadal. I do have a sense of closeness with him because he's a lefty(unfortunately not natural, it'd be nice if I watched tennis when Ivanisevic was still around) and close to my age.. same birth month and almost day but he's younger!.

Attila the tennis Bum
06-09-2007, 09:14 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/images/spin/spun/spun-612.jpg

boojay
06-09-2007, 09:54 AM

Hopefully Nads washes his brownie stained hands first before eating them.

@wright
06-09-2007, 10:09 AM
So Nadal supporters are "fans" while Fed supporters are "trolls"? Seems like you're really wanting to get along with people. I think you are overestimating this whole situation. I am a fan of Fed, but I don't honestly dislike anyone just because they like Nadal. The "trolling" you are referring to is mostly good natured ribbing. I admit that I like to stir the pot every once in awhile. If there are posters here who can't handle some ribbing, they should probably stay home and cut off all contact with other humans.

TheNatural
06-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Many Fed fans are just trolls like you, and closet Nadal fans. (I bet you wish your favourite player Rios could have been as good as Nadal.)

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=27966

Trolls who only follow the mob after Fed won a bunch of slams but had no faith in his game before that :

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=34311

Nadal fans are true tennis fans who support both players but just support Nadal a bit more.

So Nadal supporters are "fans" while Fed supporters are "trolls"? Seems like you're really wanting to get along with people. I think you are overestimating this whole situation. I am a fan of Fed, but I don't honestly dislike anyone just because they like Nadal. The "trolling" you are referring to is mostly good natured ribbing. I admit that I like to stir the pot every once in awhile. If there are posters here who can't handle some ribbing, they should probably stay home and cut off all contact with other humans.

Attila the tennis Bum
06-09-2007, 02:47 PM
http://www.pas-solutions.ch/referenzen/pictures/rfcosmetics.jpg

"I have seen some guys walking around with man purses here in London.... anything bigger than a money clip or a wallet is to be left to your girlfriend/wife...and just so we are clear you should not be able to throw your "wallet" over a shoulder...if you have a man purse, the wall is waiting."

Andy Roddick

For those you interested in a man purse....Roger actuall actually has one for sale:

http://shop.rfcosmetics.com/default.asp?langext=3

@wright
06-09-2007, 03:57 PM
OK, so what did you prove by digging up these old posts? I can appreciate Nadal's prowess, but I am no closet Nadal fan. I stopped following and playing tennis for 4 years and started back again in the summer of '03, which happened to be shortly after Federer won his first slam. Your last statement couldn't have been more moronic, I'd say both of these two players have equal support from "trolls" and people who like both.

TheNatural
06-09-2007, 10:02 PM
hahah Just thougth it was interesting that:

You were a Rios admirer, then Nadal came along with shots which reminded you of Rios , only much better..lol. And you saw Fed play for years but still thought he had no chance in the world to make the 2005 FO semis. In Fact you thought it to be totally irrational that Fed could make a Semi of the FO. SO some time after that when Fed won a lot of slams you jumped on the bandwagon. haha Good one chump. Let me guess, you gave up on everything tennis after Rios got humiliated in the AO final. DO you still have your Rios posters on the wall, or did you replace them?

OK, so what did you prove by digging up these old posts? I can appreciate Nadal's prowess, but I am no closet Nadal fan. I stopped following and playing tennis for 4 years and started back again in the summer of '03, which happened to be shortly after Federer won his first slam. Your last statement couldn't have been more moronic, I'd say both of these two players have equal support from "trolls" and people who like both.

Attila the tennis Bum
06-10-2007, 05:01 AM
http://www.pas-solutions.ch/referenzen/pictures/rfcosmetics.jpg

"I have seen some guys walking around with man purses here in London.... anything bigger than a money clip or a wallet is to be left to your girlfriend/wife...and just so we are clear you should not be able to throw your "wallet" over a shoulder...if you have a man purse, the wall is waiting."

Andy Roddick

By the way, if you are interested in a man purse Roger actually has one for sale. Just scroll all the way down and to the right . Look for the "special set" :

http://shop.rfcosmetics.com/default.asp?langext=3

Attila the tennis Bum
06-10-2007, 12:07 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/images/spin/spun/spun-612.jpg

nuff said!

Attila the tennis Bum
06-10-2007, 02:52 PM

ahhhhh....the sweet sound of silence.

You Fed fans got mighty quiet.:)

The only sound I hear now is your face being rubbed in it.

couch
06-10-2007, 04:32 PM

Are you talking about me? Because in my post I said I like Nadal, I just don't like his capri pants and/or the colors he was wearing before the French. It's probably a generation gap or something. If you can honestly say you liked that stuff Nadal was wearing before the French then more power to you. You wouldn't catch me dead in it.

Don't worry though, because I love Agassi and I used to think his flourescent stuff was pretty cool back then too (I was probably 19 at the time). Now, in hindsite, it was hideous. :)

And if you're not talking about me then I'm sorry.