PDA

View Full Version : federer taking applications for coach (serious)

grizzly4life
06-07-2007, 08:32 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/nadal-hits-right-buttons-as-friendship-put-on-hold-692731.html

Federer sacked his coach, Tony Roche, the week before the Hamburg tournament and, just out of curiosity, he has subsequently asked his manager to keep track of how many people apply for the job. The latest count was 30.

o.k., so how do i apply for this? does anyone have his manager's email address? i have a good serve (just over 100 mph), and a good 2hb (i may suggest roger switches). and i play with a 110 sq inch racquet. i would probably suggest that roger switches to 110 inch so we can practice with the same racquet and i can show him exactly on the racquet head that i hit each shot. i'm even thinking maybe roger should gain 60 lbs so that our footwork is similar.

in all seriousness, interesting article... funny about rafa and moya and the pushups..

tennis_hand
06-07-2007, 08:34 PM
troll, thanks.

Mahboob Khan
06-07-2007, 08:55 PM
You will turn out to be a great coach to sink his boat!

Anyway, Roger Federer should seriously read my suggestions I just posted here if he wants to win the FO. If he wins using my suggestions, then he should hire me as a coach! Seriously, the tactical suggestions I justed posted, are very useful.

Moses Man
06-07-2007, 09:01 PM
in all seriousness, interesting article... funny about rafa and moya and the pushups..

Hey, read ALL of his post. He's obviously joking. Not trolling.

Frodo Baggins
06-07-2007, 09:05 PM
I Would be a Coach to Fed and help him:D But my coaching Plate is full..Already coaching two Players....One thats doing sooo good;) The Other not so good:( So I'm Booked Solid..

Mahboob Khan
06-07-2007, 09:12 PM
This is TW Forum. If you want to post jokes, go somewhere else.

Noveson
06-07-2007, 09:18 PM
You will turn out to be a great coach to sink his boat!

Anyway, Roger Federer should seriously read my suggestions I just posted here if he wants to win the FO. If he wins using my suggestions, then he should hire me as a coach! Seriously, the tactical suggestions I justed posted, are very useful.

This is TW Forum. If you want to post jokes, go somewhere else.

I might be misunderstanding, but didn't you just reply to his joke with one of your own? ;)

pound cat
06-08-2007, 03:49 AM
Of course grizzly understands that the stuff about a coach is humour and suggests that the rest of the article does make some interesting points about Rafa etc,

Those who didn't get it must be lacking a sense of humnour. and if you want a serious message board certainly do NOT come here. There is enough nonsense and misinformation posted here to make a knowledgeable tennis fan's head spin faster that Rafa's slice.

jelle v
06-08-2007, 04:13 AM
I think we as a board should apply for the job.. then he will get all these mixed messages..

"use SW2"
"no don't use SW2, it's bullcrap"

"Use a 95" racket"
"stick with your current racket"

"serve and volley more"
"your strenght is your baseline game, focus on that"

"lose your fat girlfriend"
"your girlfriend is fine"

"lose weight"
"you're in perfect shape"