2. Alessio di Mauro
3. Gorka Fraile
4. Marcel Granollers
5. David Guez
6. Julio Silva
7. Jerome Haehnel
8. Rogerio Silva

First Round
(1)Federico Luzzi (ITA) vs Julien Jeanpierre (FRA)
Lamine Ouahab (ALG) vs (q)Andrey Golubev (RUS)
(WC)Francesco Aldi (ITA) d. Jean-Christophe Faurel (FRA) 6-1 6-4
(6)Julio Silva (BRA) d. Simone Vagnozzi (ITA) 4-6 6-4 6-2
(3)Gorka Fraile (ESP) vs (q)Stefano Ianni (ITA)
Hector Ruiz (ESP) vs (WC)Giorgio Galimberti (ITA)
(q)Marco Crugnola (ITA) vs (q)Daniel Gimeno (ESP)
(7)Jerome Haehnel (FRA) vs Andis Juska (LAT)
(8)Rogerio Silva (BRA) vs Franco Ferreiro (BRA)
Pavol Cervenak (SVK) vs Flavio Cipolla (ITA)
Brian Dabul (ARG) vs Alexander Dolgopolov (UKR)
(4)Marcel Granollers (ESP) vs (WC)Leonardo Azzaro (ITA)
(5)David Guez (FRA) vs Marc Lopez (ESP) 1-6 6-4 6-6(5-6) susp.
(WC)Mariano Puerta (ARG) vs Joseph Sirianni (AUS)
Andrea Stoppini (ITA) d. Robin Vik (CZE) 6-3 6-7(5) 6-3
(2)Alessio di Mauro (ITA) vs Michael Lammer (SUI)

SER
06-07-2007, 11:08 PM
If I was Marc Lopez I would be throwing a fit right now.

armand
06-08-2007, 11:06 AM
my god how do you people dig out this stuff?

jmsx521
06-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Marc Lopez only needs an ace, if he is serving.

Moose Malloy
06-08-2007, 03:01 PM
It happened at the US Open a couple years ago(Bjorkman was playing) It started pouring when he had match point & the umpire actually called a let mid point(when Bjorkman was slipping during the rally)
Neither player complained, it was common sense. Think he completed the match a couple hours later.

since this tournament is on clay, I'm surprised they didn't try to finish one point, but its dangerous to play even one point in the rain on hardcourt.

here is an article about that match:

After more than four hours and nearly five complete sets, Bjorkman, from Sweden, was on the verge of finally finishing off the smooth-moving Slovak Karol Kucera. It was 6-4, 4-6, 6-7 (3), 6-4, 5-4 and ad-in, which meant that it was match point for Bjorkman. He served the ball and started to rally, but he was unable to keep his footing, slipping twice on a court that was increasingly slick because of the rain. Chair umpire Carlos Ramos called off the point before it ended, and the players hustled off to wait in the locker room not knowing if they had one more or many more points to play.
It turned out to be just one. After the players returned to Court 11 about three hours later, Bjorkman missed his first serve, made his second and then won a short baseline rally when Kucera knocked a forehand wide.
It was like putting down "War and Peace" before the final paragraph and picking it up much later, but Bjorkman, back in the fourth round at age 31, was not about to complain.
"Sure I was surprised," Bjorkman said of the decision to stop at match point. "But I thought in the end it was a good call. We'd been out there four and a half hours. If anyone stretched too far, they could pull something."
http://www.iht.com/articles/2003/09/01/T-tennis.php

Volly master
06-08-2007, 06:15 PM
wow, gotta love those moments no? ;)

J-man
06-08-2007, 06:55 PM
my god how do you people dig out this stuff?Sersiouly! Damn guys. But really that is pretty amazing.