PDA

View Full Version : Any new Prince shoes coming out soon?

BreakPoint
09-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Just wondering if you know if Prince will be introducing any new shoes in the near future? Looks like they haven't had any new shoes since the Fastcourt and Freak from early this year and the NFF line hasn't changed since they came out a couple of years ago. The Viper and Scream also haven't been updated in a long, long time. What's new and what's being discontinued? Thanks.

danix
09-28-2004, 12:18 PM
I spoke to a Prince rep at the US Open and told her about my woes with the NFF. She told me that they are aware that the NFF sucks (my words, not hers) and to stick to the Viper II for now and that a replacement was coming in the spring.

BreakPoint
09-28-2004, 01:01 PM
I agree, the NFF was pretty bad! I tried the Fastcourt on at a pro shop and didn't like them. They didn't hold my feet well and I can tell I will jam my toes into the front of the shoe everytime I stopped. I tried the recent NFS Precisions, and altough they were comfortable, the soles wore out way too fast, so durability was not good. I find the Vapors way too heavy so never bought them.

It's too bad Prince, for some unknown reason, stopped making high quality, ultra-comfortable, highly cushioned, very supportive, and durable shoes in recent years. I thought the old NFS Aerotype 1.2, original NFS Precision 1.5, etc. were great shoes. I thought I had found a tennis shoe brand to stick with for life. It's too bad they fell off the wagon and have been coming out with dissapointing shoes over the past couple of years. I do hope they get their act back together and can put out some good shoes like the ones they used to.

TW Staff
09-28-2004, 02:26 PM
I've seen some Prince prototype shoes this year and was very impressed. I think Prince will have some great shoes coming out in early 2005.

Chris, TW.

BreakPoint
09-28-2004, 02:47 PM
Thanks Chris!
I hope the new shoes are an improvement over what Prince has on the market now.

BTW, were the new prototype shoes NFS, NFF, or QT type shoes? Or were they something completely new? Thanks.

bcaz
09-28-2004, 11:27 PM
I would agree, the NFS shoes were very good, if a little heavy, but the NFFs were bogus - bad idea.