PDA

View Full Version : Its quite simple For Fed

Defcon
06-08-2007, 12:23 PM
No long winded analysis here (i'm not that smart!). Fed just needs to take care of 2 things -

1. BP conversion - He's usually quite poor in this, but against most players he creates a tonof chances so it doesn't matter. Have to play these like its 2-5 in a TB.

2. Stay aggressive - don't play frombehind the baseline, attack every return, come to net.

and of course, 1st serve %age, but that goes without saying.

Fed is fit enough to hang with Nadal for 5 sets. Nadal will grind him down mentally but Fed has to remember that his A-game is still the best, and not go away from it, even if it doesn't work for a set or so.

All I want is for the Fed from the last 2 sets against Robredo or the Hmburg final to show up. Its still going to be very tough, but a mental collapse like last year will be hard to watch.

Robbie_1988
06-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Perhaps one more thing he should take care of is minimising the backhand errors of his. It's painful to see a lot of shanked backhands from him. It's usually a very telling sign in a match against Nadal. I liken it to a bad omen.

Defcon
06-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Actually I think the backhand has been holding up pretty well lately. Much m ore potent than it was last year. Its the forehand that seems to go away on vacation :)

@wright
06-08-2007, 06:49 PM
I agree - 1st serve percentage up, and take it to him for a whole match. Not alot to ask for. He should know this by now.

TokyopunK
06-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Someone is going to be one step towards making history in a sleeveless shirt tomorrow.

Nadal_Freak
06-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Time for backhand errors galore. If Nadal is hitting his forehand like he has been this French Open, I expect a lot of errors. The French Open is the perfect clay for Nadal. Medium speed with high bounces.

@wright
06-08-2007, 07:08 PM
The forecast says it'll be cloudy Sunday...The highs will only be in the low 80's. Not Nadal's favorite conditions.

The Gorilla
06-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Nadal could win his third french in a row tomorrow and all you can think about is Federer.

Robbie_1988
06-08-2007, 07:16 PM
But Federer comes closest to winning a GRAND SLAM out of all the players on the tour. I'm sure that's why all people can think of is Federer. I mean what would you rather have if you had a choice? GRAND SLAM? Or three Roland Garros titles?

The Gorilla
06-08-2007, 07:25 PM
what I mean is, federer is a long way from a grand slam though, nadal is on the threshhold.

Andrew
06-08-2007, 08:08 PM
It's okay, Justine Henin could also win her third consecutive French Open tomorrow, and all you can think of is Nadal :roll:.

All four possible singles champions have a chance at history this weekend, and let's appreciate the effort that went in to even having the chance of achieving their respective accomplishments.

boojay
06-08-2007, 08:24 PM
I mean what would you rather have if you had a choice? GRAND SLAM? Or three Roland Garros titles?

the nadal trolls do not have the mental capacity to answer this question.

fednad
06-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Someone is going to be one step towards making history in a sleeveless shirt tomorrow.

He has already made history by the frequency and magnitude of his butt picking.