PDA

View Full Version : prestige pjs or real deal?

z-money
06-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Has any prestige user actually used a newer racket?

I have pics from tennis magazine with tursunov clearly using a pj of a liquidmetal prestige and if you google pics of safin you can clearly tell his LM was a pj also. but what about the fxp!!! i can really tell if there is a good enough pick to tell cause on some i see a little missing where the like its supposed to on a fxp but it has a collar on it like the pc 600!

Can anybody clear this up for me?
what about other pros like philippoussis, schnyder, monfils, etc.?

cghipp
06-08-2007, 08:05 PM
I would estimate that the number of high-level professional players actually using a FXP Prestige (in matches, as opposed to photo shoots) is approximately zero.

Voltron
06-08-2007, 08:06 PM
I would estimate that the number of high-level professional players actually using a FXP Prestige (in matches, as opposed to photo shoots) is approximately zero. LOL, I too guesstimate that number to be zero. ;)

z-money
06-08-2007, 08:09 PM
I would estimate that the number of high-level professional players actually using a FXP Prestige (in matches, as opposed to photo shoots) is approximately zero.

LOL, I too guesstimate that number to be zero. ;)

i think fxp is the worst feeling prestige ive ever used but that doesnt mean they cant make it work. i just wanta be sure. if not lm or fxp then what?

Voltron
06-08-2007, 08:10 PM
^^^

The good ol' PC 600 I believe.

z-money
06-08-2007, 08:12 PM
http://www.toquoc.gov.vn/imageNew/20061202EVDY730.bmp
this clearly has a collar is it a classic?

cghipp
06-08-2007, 08:12 PM
... Or the i.Prestige, or the LM prestige (less so), or - what was that blue one more commonly found in Europe?

ShcMad
06-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Has any prestige user actually used a newer racket?

I have pics from tennis magazine with tursunov clearly using a pj of a liquidmetal prestige and if you google pics of safin you can clearly tell his LM was a pj also. but what about the fxp!!! i can really tell if there is a good enough pick to tell cause on some i see a little missing where the like its supposed to on a fxp but it has a collar on it like the pc 600!

Can anybody clear this up for me?
what about other pros like philippoussis, schnyder, monfils, etc.?

Jose Acasuso is in fact using the real Flexpoint Prestige. Other than that...I don't know of any other players using the real FXP.

cghipp
06-08-2007, 08:19 PM
How do you know for sure? (Not challenging you, just curious.)

z-money
06-08-2007, 08:21 PM
http://www.matchpoint-tennis.com/UserFiles/Image/Marat%20Safin.jpg
Clearly is painted and has the collar!

LarougeNY
06-08-2007, 08:24 PM
I remember hearing that monfils plays with a real fxp prestige, and gugo kuerten plays with a real prestige (remember seeing pics floating around).

z-money
06-08-2007, 08:28 PM
http://www.7sur7.be/static/FOTO/art/10/16/4/large_272679.jpgJose Acasuso is in fact using the real Flexpoint Prestige. Other than that...I don't know of any other players using the real FXP.

acasuso with a prestige (leather grip) .... r u sure

z-money
06-08-2007, 08:31 PM
http://hurarsiv.hurriyet.com.tr/goster/arsivimage.aspx?picid=71738

another prestige another collar, another pj for safin

z-money
06-08-2007, 08:33 PM
http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/fan/D20060613/2596_401130318_gael_m_H120532_L.jpg
PJ and has a hint of a collar under the tournagrip

z-money
06-08-2007, 08:40 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/portuguese/especial/images/1852_tenis/2191426_tenis1.gif guga used 4 1/4 but u can still see the collar and the pj

ShcMad
06-08-2007, 08:42 PM
How do you know for sure? (Not challenging you, just curious.)

Somebody from this forum went to a tournament and heard a Head rep. saying that he could not believe Acasuso was using the real Flexpoint Prestige. And, if you look at the close-up pictures of his racquet, you'll see the real Flexpoint holes. If you see Safin or Agassi's racquets closely, you'll notice they're just painted to look like Flexpiont holes.

z-money
06-08-2007, 08:45 PM
guga=pj,, safin=pj, tursunov=pj(even though i think he is using a wilson now), monfils=pj when LM but now with fxp i havent found anything against it i will check grojean

ShcMad
06-08-2007, 08:45 PM
http://www.7sur7.be/static/FOTO/art/10/16/4/large_272679.jpg

acasuso with a prestige (leather grip) .... r u sure

About 80%-90% of pros use leather grips. Acasuso can easily have his racquet customizer guy change grips. Just because the retail FXP Prestige comes with a synthetic grip doesn't mean Acasuso will have to use it. He can do pretty much whatever he wants with his racquet.

ShcMad
06-08-2007, 08:46 PM
so acasuso=pj, guga=pj,, safin=pj, tursunov=pj(even though i think he is using a wilson now), monfils=pj when LM but now with fxp i havent found anything against it i will check grojean

If you wanna believe that Acasuso is using a paintjob, go ahead. I was just stating what I knew.

vsbabolat
06-08-2007, 08:54 PM
I remember hearing that monfils plays with a real fxp prestige, and gugo kuerten plays with a real prestige (remember seeing pics floating around).

Marat Safin uses the Prestige Classic 600
Gael Monfils uses the Prestige Classic 600
Gusatvo Kuerten uses the Pro Tour 630
Rainer Schuettler uses the Prestige Classic 600
Mark Philippoussis uses the Prestige Classic 600

There are many threads on this you guys should do a search.

z-money
06-08-2007, 09:11 PM
ok thx vsbabolat

z-money
06-08-2007, 09:14 PM
quick queation what is murray really using there. his head gaurd covers the whole frame like a prestige but he has the i.radical pj???

vsbabolat
06-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Murray for some reason has so far refused to switch his pant job. According to Thomas Martinez Murray feels his racquet will play differently if it does not have the flat finish of the intelligence paint job. The way the C.A.P grommets fit his racquets so perfectly it can only be the Radical Tour 630, Pro Tour 630, or the i.Prestige midplus. The Radical Tour 630 and the Pro Tour 630 both have the exact same mold the only difference is the layup. The i.Prestige grooves in the throat are slightly different but every thing else is the same: beam width and drill pattern, head shape.

TheSnowMan
06-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Jose Acasuso (Mid) and Stasilas Warwinka (MP) both use the Flexpoint Prestige

tkauffm
06-08-2007, 11:12 PM
... Or the i.Prestige, or the LM prestige (less so), or - what was that blue one more commonly found in Europe?

Blue one? What blue Head racquet are you talking about?

PrestigeClassic
06-09-2007, 01:16 AM
z, a collar is not indicative of a paintjob; all it shows is that the frame is a 600. All Prestige 600 pallets (PC, i, LM, FP) are interchangeable between frames. That microscopic black blur in the pic of Guga with a Pro Tour frame is anything but a collar. That frame is a couple of millimeters wider than a 600, so a collar probably doesn't fit.

vsbabolat
06-09-2007, 06:24 AM
Blue one? What blue Head racquet are you talking about?

I think he was talking about the Pro Tour 630.

cghipp
06-09-2007, 08:21 AM
That's the one I meant.

keithchircop
06-11-2007, 01:13 AM
i have a list of 50 pros somewhere who at one time or another used the PC600 or a PC600 paintjob. a couple of current players might use the liquidmetal version, i dont know. but im pretty sure no pro uses a flexpoint. flexpoint racquets (all of them, not only prestiges) are probably the worst racquets head has ever made. the pros hate them.

im sorry for those who got duped into buying such racquets thinking their favourite pro uses it. example:

Jose Acasuso (Mid) and Stasilas Warwinka (MP) both use the Flexpoint Prestige

then they come here on the forums and learn the truth. at first there is the denial stage. then anger. what follows is putting the racquet up on the big auction site, and getting a racquet the pros really use like the K90, POG, or PC600.

Andres
06-11-2007, 07:13 AM
Jose Acasuso is in fact using the real Flexpoint Prestige. Other than that...I don't know of any other players using the real FXP.No, negro. Usa una Prestige Classic. Se lo pregunté yo mismo ;)
Su respuesta fue, literalmente "No. Es la que usaba Goran y Safin, pero está pintada"

;)

For the english talkers here, Acasuso uses a Prestige Classic. I asked him myself. His literal reply was (for my question about if he's using the racquet he's advertising) "No. This is the one Goran and Safin used to use, but it's painted"

I posted this in a couple of threads, but people don't seem to pay more attention, or I just don't have much credibility here :mrgreen:

Andres
06-11-2007, 07:15 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=1499830&postcount=21

:D

vsbabolat
06-11-2007, 07:41 AM
i have a list of 50 pros somewhere who at one time or another used the PC600 or a PC600 paintjob. a couple of current players might use the liquidmetal version, i dont know. but im pretty sure no pro uses a flexpoint. flexpoint racquets (all of them, not only prestiges) are probably the worst racquets head has ever made. the pros hate them.

im sorry for those who got duped into buying such racquets thinking their favourite pro uses it. example:

then they come here on the forums and learn the truth. at first there is the denial stage. then anger. what follows is putting the racquet up on the big auction site, and getting a racquet the pros really use like the K90, POG, or PC600.

Also HEAD is still Manufacturing racquets for the Pros on Tour in Austria. HEAD is still manufacturing about 50,000 racquets for the Players on Tour in Austria only. While HEAD outsources ALL production for the consumer to China since 2005. HEAD absolutely refuses to sell any Pro Tour 630 to the Public that they are making thousands of in Austria for the Pros on Tour. Once those PC600 are sold out here at TW that is it. HEAD wont sell anymore of those PC600 to the Public that they are still making thousands of in Austria for the Pros on Tour only.

War, Safin!
06-11-2007, 08:33 AM
No, negro. Usa una Prestige Classic. Se lo pregunté yo mismo ;)
Su respuesta fue, literalmente "No. Es la que usaba Goran y Safin, pero está pintada"

For the english talkers here, Acasuso uses a Prestige Classic. I asked him myself. His literal reply was (for my question about if he's using the racquet he's advertising) "No. This is the one Goran and Safin used to use, but it's painted"

So there we have it: Marat Safin doesn't use a Prestige Classic 600.
You heard it from Jose Acasuso!
;)

Supracool94
06-11-2007, 08:43 AM
My three i. Prestiges were all made in Austria.

cghipp
06-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Supracool94 - I think the i.Prestiges were the last Austrian-made Prestige racquets for the consumer market.

Andres
06-11-2007, 09:30 AM
;)
LOL!
Safin used it (even without the PJ) against Sampras, can't really remember the tourney, but it's on youtube. He also used the yellow overgrip... just like Goran :p

vsbabolat
06-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Supracool94 - I think the i.Prestiges were the last Austrian-made Prestige racquets for the consumer market.

HEAD stopped making racquets in Austria for the Public in 2005. The LM Prestige was the last Prestige made in Austria.

vsbabolat
06-11-2007, 09:43 AM
LOL!
Safin used it (even without the PJ) against Sampras, can't really remember the tourney, but it's on youtube. He also used the yellow overgrip... just like Goran :p

Safin defeated Sampras in the 2000 U.S. Open Final. Safin had no PJ on the Prestige Classic 600 back then.

keithchircop
06-11-2007, 09:59 AM
there are lots of racquets i havent tried, but the feel you get from a prestige 600 when hitting the sweetspot on a 2hdbh is hard to top.

Andres
06-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Safin defeated Sampras in the 2000 U.S. Open Final. Safin had no PJ on the Prestige Classic 600 back then.
Exactly. Thank you ;)
No PJ, and a yellow overgrip, just like Goran :D

TheSnowMan
06-11-2007, 12:10 PM

Acasuso and Warwinka DO use Flexpoints. They both switched, one from Pc600 and the other from the pro tour. I'm aware other pros don't.

To set the record straight I didn't buy my racket because someone else used it, I demoed. You may think that flexpoints are the worst just because no pros use them, but you're wrong. I admit, they don't work. Maybe people like the specs, color, ect., but it doesn't matter.

Btw, I don't like Acasuso's or Warwinka's style of play..

TheSnowMan
06-11-2007, 12:14 PM

;)

I posted this in a couple of threads, but people don't seem to pay more attention, or I just don't have much credibility here :mrgreen:

Andres, sorry to break it to you, but he changed rackets.

ShcMad
06-11-2007, 12:39 PM

;)

Perdoname, loco. Te juro que nunca lei ningun post tuyo sobre la racketa de Acasuso...haha. No frecuento la seccion de Pros' Racquets and Gear tanto. Pero, ahora que lei tu post en el link que me diste, te creo.

Yo crei que Acasuso usaba el Flexpoint porque hace un tiempo, habia visto unas fotos de alta calidad de su racketa, y los agujeros de Flexpoint eran reales.

Si vos le hablaste y preguntaste a el mismo, te creo. No hay duda. Pero....mira si el tipo con quien hablaste no era Acasuso pero un boludo que se parecia a el? hahaha

Andres
06-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Perdoname, loco. Te juro que nunca lei ningun post tuyo sobre la racketa de Acasuso...haha. No frecuento la seccion de Pros' Racquets and Gear tanto. Pero, ahora que lei tu post en el link que me diste, te creo.

Yo crei que Acasuso usaba el Flexpoint porque hace un tiempo, habia visto unas fotos de alta calidad de su racketa, y los agujeros de Flexpoint eran reales.

Si vos le hablaste y preguntaste a el mismo, te creo. No hay duda. Pero....mira si el tipo con quien hablaste no era Acasuso pero un boludo que se parecia a el? hahaha
Si era un boludo que se parecía a él, entonces era una bestia!! Le pegaba durísimo a la bola!! :mrgreen:

Andres
06-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Andres, sorry to break it to you, but he changed rackets.
Acasuso said he plays with a painted Prestige Classic. Sorry if this sounds rude, but I prefer to believe him before believing you.

christo
06-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Why would anyone, let alone a Pro , use a Flexpoint frame, the whole concept is counterproductive especially if it actually worked. If i came up to you and said "let me drill a hole in your frame at 3 and 9" you'd probably punch me in the nose. Nuff said.

keithchircop
06-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Acasuso said he plays with a painted Prestige Classic. Sorry if this sounds rude, but I prefer to believe him before believing you.

just post a pic of the last tourney he played in so we'll know for sure.

TheSnowMan
06-13-2007, 03:36 PM
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=73543976bx2.jpg

I hope this works...

Edit: This is working right? Btw it's Pacific Life Open (March 10. 2007)

keithchircop
06-13-2007, 10:08 PM
snowman, that is a PC600

vsbabolat
06-14-2007, 06:54 AM
This shows how far and wide the Paint Jobs go at HEAD.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/74594354.jpg
His name is Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria he is 16 years old and playing at the 2007 Stella Artois Junior Championships. Grigor is using the Pro Tour 630 with a Paint Job of the Flexpoint Radical mp. With Grigor being 16 years old he has not spent years growing up playing with with the Pro Tour 630.
The racquets HEAD sells to the Consumer are Garbage. HEAD even gives for free Pro Tour 630 that they are making in Austria to a kid playing ITF juniors. It just goes to show that HEAD does not even think Flexpoint was any good to let a 16 year old use a racquet that has not been sold in almost 10 years.

vsbabolat
06-14-2007, 07:02 AM
Robin Soderling has a new MicroGel Radical Paint Job on his HEAD Pro Tour 630.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/74594113.jpg
Notice the C.A.P. System Grommets.

TheSnowMan
06-14-2007, 11:56 AM
snowman, that is a PC600

It clearly has flexpoints...

Give me a sec. I'll try to find a better picture..

TheSnowMan
06-14-2007, 12:11 PM
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5931/73274136hs0.th.jpg (http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=73274136hs0.jpg)

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5374/71501240wm2.th.jpg (http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=71501240wm2.jpg)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2715/71973031nx5.th.jpg (http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=71973031nx5.jpg)

jelichek
06-14-2007, 12:15 PM
I have two of those that Grigor has, or similar at least. Same PJ, CAP and butt cap. There is a code on the inside of the throat were they put all that stuff about what strings and grips to use that instead just reads - "PT57 A" - haven't figured out what the "A" represents, but they are great sticks.

PrestigeClassic
06-14-2007, 12:30 PM
57A is the mold of the Pro Tour and older Radical (retail Twin Tube). However, it's possible the frame of Dimitrov is a 57E, from the mold of the i.prestige and/or one of the Ti frames.

shiva29
06-14-2007, 02:03 PM
57A is the mold of the Pro Tour and older Radical (retail Twin Tube). However, it's possible the frame of Dimitrov is a 57E, from the mold of the i.prestige and/or one of the Ti frames.

PrestigeClassic: where can we get some of these frames??????

keithchircop
06-14-2007, 02:06 PM
according to vsbabolat they're fabricated in austria but only for pros. common mortals have to stick with chinese newer models that suck.

vsbabolat
06-14-2007, 02:36 PM
PrestigeClassic: where can we get some of these frames??????

Sorry HEAD only Manufactures these frames in Austria for the Players on Tour. The Fact is HEAD Manufactures 50,000 racquets in Austria for the Players on Tour ONLY now. HEAD for some reason believes it is too expensive to manufacture any racquet in Austria and SELL any to the consumer. While HEAD does believe it is cost effective and not expensive to manufacture 50,000 racquets in Austria and give them all away for FREE to the Players on TOUR.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=1470896&postcount=8

To get any Prestige Classic 600 or Pro Tour 630 you need a ITF Junior ranking if you are under 18. Or if older than 18 years old a ATP ranking starting in the 800's should do it.

keithchircop
06-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Sorry HEAD only Manufactures these frames in Austria for the Players on Tour. The Fact is HEAD Manufactures 50,000 racquets in Austria for the Players on Tour ONLY now. HEAD for some reason believes it is too expensive to manufacture any racquet in Austria and SELL any the consumer. While HEAD does believe it is cost effective and not expensive to manufacture 50,000 racquets in Austria and give them all away for FREE to the Players on TOUR.

i dont think i would mind getting a racquet from china that much; at least i would be getting the racquet. the way it currently is, we are stuck with flexpoint models. that is what sucks the most.

vsbabolat
06-14-2007, 02:48 PM
The point is HEAD is producing thousands of Prestige Classic 600's and Pro Tour 630's in Austria and won't sell any to the consumer willing to pay for them. They just give them all away for free to the Players on Tour and the ITF Junior circuit. If HEAD can afford to give away Pro Tour 630's to a 16 year old than HEAD can afford to SELL some Prestige Classic 600 and Pro Tour 630 to the consumer.

z-money
06-14-2007, 03:28 PM
;)

sorry dude. but english isnt his first language i bet he misspoke

Andres
06-14-2007, 03:38 PM
sorry dude. but english isnt his first language i bet he misspokeHe's joking. He understood what Acasuso said (and he said it in spanish, btw :))

He's just kidding ;)

PrestigeClassic
06-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Not sure all of those frames are free to the player from Head.

vsbabolat
06-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Not sure all of those frames are free to the player from Head.

You're correct but do you get my point I am making?

PrestigeClassic
06-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Head has lost their heritage. I find it akin to the Concorde being taken out of service.

vsbabolat
06-14-2007, 08:08 PM
I think it all started to go wrong in 1997 when HEAD stopped selling the Pro Tour 630 after Guga won the 1997 French Open. Commercially they replaced the PT630 with the Premier Tour but Guga and the other Players on Tour kept on using the PT630 only with Premier Tour Paint job.
I know where I played tennis in 1997 after Guga won the French Open a lot of players switched to the Pro Tour 630. It was because they were curious as to how the PT630 played because Guga just won the French Open. So they tried it liked it and switched to it. Not one ever switched to the Premier Tour. Everyone I knew then thought the Premier Tour was awful.
Unfortunately HEAD has followed this line ever since with the one exception of the i.Prestige mid, mp, and XL. Those were the only new racquets that HEAD has come out with in the last ten years that has been any good.

keithchircop
06-14-2007, 10:07 PM
the suits at head obviously know the racquets they have been making are crap, because the pros want 10-15yr old racquets. they even got a factory in austria making better, older racquets for the pros. how do you think the decision makers and designers of the flexpoint must feel? they know they are crappy racquets but they sell. keep the good racquets for the pros and the bad racquets for the public. maybe they think that selling 15yr old racquets to consumers is like admitting defeat.