PDA

View Full Version : Nadal or Sampras

pj80
06-09-2007, 10:02 AM
whos the GOAT??

krprunitennis2
06-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Nadal? Do you think he's a contender right now? He still has only won one type Slam....

Nadal_Freak
06-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Federer is the GOAT.

fednad
06-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Of course Nadal.
Ain't his acheivements far superior than Sampras. What did Sampras do other than winning 14 GS titles.
No Big Deal there

pj80
06-09-2007, 10:07 AM
imagine what nadal will do once fed retires...just like fed did once pete retired. But he already won 3 slams.

Nadal_Freak
06-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Of course Nadal.
Ain't his acheivements far superior than Sampras. What did Sampras do other than winning 14 GS titles.
No Big Deal there
I didn't say that. Federer has won 10 slams in such a short time is amazing. He'll probably easily surpass Sampras in that category with like 18 slams. Sampras is quite a player on fast surfaces though but not as all around as Federer was. Btw Nadal has a lot to do before he is mentioned in the likes of Sampras. Funny thread.

krprunitennis2
06-09-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm not sure even if Sampras should be the GOAT. I think the GOAT should be a contender for all surfaces. Should it be Agassi? Yeah, he didn't win THAT many slams as Federer and Sampras, but he did win the French.

=] if Federer wins the French Open twice before he retires, and passes 14 Grand Slams, I think he'd be the GOAT.

pj80
06-09-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm not sure even if Sampras should be the GOAT. I think the GOAT should be a contender for all surfaces. Should it be Agassi? Yeah, he didn't win THAT many slams as Federer and Sampras, but he did win the French.

=] if Federer wins the French Open twice before he retires, and passes 14 Grand Slams, I think he'd be the GOAT.

yeah agassis one lucky win at FO and hes the goat. just one lucky run at a slam like johansson at the AO

Nadal_Freak
06-09-2007, 10:17 AM

lmao. Agassi had a lucky win both at French Open and Wimbledon. 2 5 setters against players that had no reason to be in the finals except for a weak field. Sampras>>>Agassi and this coming from being a fan of Agassi in the 90's.

int3rsc0p3
06-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Of course Nadal.
No Big Deal there

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.

Nadal_Freak
06-09-2007, 10:21 AM
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.
It's sarcasm.

fednad
06-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I didn't say that. Federer has won 10 slams in such a short time is amazing. He'll probably easily surpass Sampras in that category with like 18 slams. Sampras is quite a player on fast surfaces though but not as all around as Federer was. Btw Nadal has a lot to do before he is mentioned in the likes of Sampras. Funny thread.

I edited the post and it came right under yours by chance.
My taunt was not poinited towards you - it was towards this thread as such.

tenniskid3119
06-09-2007, 10:25 AM
not nadal

10 char

Breaker
06-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Donald Young is the GOAT, this shouldn't even be being discussed anymore.

Tennis_Monk
06-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Nadal is the GOAT. Nadal will win 100 grandslams by the time he retires. Anybody can win 14 lousy grandslams and some people think it is a big deal.

Andres
06-09-2007, 11:14 AM
lmao. Agassi had a lucky win both at French Open and Wimbledon. 2 5 setters against players that had no reason to be in the finals except for a weak field. Sampras>>>Agassi and this coming from being a fan of Agassi in the 90's.
Goran was probably the 2nd best grasscourter from the 90s.
If Agassi wouldn't have beaten Goran in that '92 final, probably Goran wouldn't have that huge mental block in the future. Heck, maybe trading Wimbys with Sampras all the time.

Ivanisevic didn't have a reason to be in the finals? Agassi is the one who had no reason to be there... and even less, winning it!!

pj80
06-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Goran was probably the 2nd best grasscourter from the 90s.
If Agassi wouldn't have beaten Goran in that '92 final, probably Goran wouldn't have that huge mental block in the future. Heck, maybe trading Wimbys with Sampras all the time.

Ivanisevic didn't have a reason to be in the finals? Agassi is the one who had no reason to be there... and even less, winning it!!

true that 1992 were agassi won was considerade an upset, because everybody favorited goran to win it

Tennis_Nickmo
06-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Pointless thread

Eviscerator
06-09-2007, 12:08 PM
:roll:

QUOTE=Tennis_Nickmo;1504973]Pointless thread[/QUOTE]

I agree

keithchircop
06-09-2007, 02:13 PM
2 5 setters against players that had no reason to be in the finals except for a weak field.

goran had no reason to be in 4 wimbledon finals, winning one of them. they were weak fields. lol

idiotboy
06-09-2007, 02:57 PM
THIS THREAD SUCKS BECAUSE: (Place X where applies)
[_] This topic did not need a separate thread
[_] Fake/duplicate account
[x] It asks when and/or will Nadal become #1 in the world
[x] It is a Nadal v Federer thread where making sense is prohibited
[_] It assumes Federer will forever be on top of the tennis world
[x] It is a lame troll attempt
[_] It is a “Threaten to leave” thread
[x] It over hypes players that don’t deserve it
[_] Original Poster's grammar makes me suspect the post was written by 4 year old
[_] It claims Player X career is over after 1 bad loss
[x] It tries to determine the best player ever (on any surface) for the 200th time
[_] It compares Graf and Seles, in any way.
[_] It asks when or if a young player will ever reach their potential after a totally expected loss
[_] It is a serious discussion of a exhibition match
[_] It proclaims a 16-18 year old's career is finished after a couple of first round losses
[_] It has the word Gilbert in the subject line
[_] It discusses doubles when its not a Davis Cup weekend
[_] It is a serious discussion of a clay clown's chances at a clay event or in an individual match against a competent clay player
[_] It is the annual thread where people complain about clay courters not showing up and embarrassing themselves on grass
[_] It is the annual thread where people complain about Americans not showing up in Monte Carlo
[_] It speculates whether player X is on dope without any evidence
[_] It asks/assumes Safin is finished in tennis after a totally expected few first round loss to the local baker in the first round of small tournament X
[_] Use the damn search engine
[_] It accuses the loser of choking when he did nothing of the sort
[_] It talks about fake injuries and/or fake injury time outs
[_] Cramp is called a injury
[_] BROKEN CAPS LOCK
[_] It claims females can be competitive with males in any form of tennis
[_] Wrong forum, eejit.
[x] It was created by a 13 year old desperate for attention

FedUp
06-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Laver is the G.O.A.T.