PDA

View Full Version : Adidas a3 accelerator black or Nike vapor 3 black

wearyellow
06-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Hey, I am getting new shoes and have narrowed it done to these. Has anyone had experience with either one/ which shoe is recommended. I have the barricade 2's now and wear a 9 1/2 in the nike breathe free, would i be safe with the same size in the nike vapor line or do they fit a more narrow foot? Thanks for any/all of your help.

Michelangelo
06-09-2007, 12:34 PM
The design of the Adidas A3 heel of the outsole always makes me think the durability would not be good. Is there anyone can share his/her experience?

Bodacious DVT
06-09-2007, 01:11 PM
ive been using a3's for a few years now and LOVE THEM!! the new A3's have solved the former durability problems. they are extremely comfortable too. i currently have 2 pairs in black and one in white.

honestly, these are the best tennis shoes ive ever worn in my like. they are very stiff out of the box but feel amazing once you break them in.

definitely worth a try

LarougeNY
06-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Warning you now, I wore out my vapor IIIs in less than 2 months. Now, after about 3 months of wearing them, the toe region is completely worn out (hole on my left shoe) and the heels of my shoes (both) are completely worn to the sole.

Michelangelo
06-10-2007, 09:38 AM
ive been using a3's for a few years now and LOVE THEM!! the new A3's have solved the former durability problems. they are extremely comfortable too. i currently have 2 pairs in black and one in white.

honestly, these are the best tennis shoes ive ever worn in my like. they are very stiff out of the box but feel amazing once you break them in.

definitely worth a try
Off topic a bit. Have you also tried other Adidas shoes with A3 technology (such as running shoes)?

esm
06-10-2007, 10:25 AM
i have 3 pairs of Adaidas A3 technology running shoes. havent tried the A3 tennis shoes though..... i have a B IV instead.
the A3 shoes are comfortable and very stable. when i go back to my nike 360, i can feel the unstable-ness from the nike because of the air sole......

Bodacious DVT
06-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Off topic a bit. Have you also tried other Adidas shoes with A3 technology (such as running shoes)?

nope, just the new and old A3 tennis shoes.
(new ones are better)

civicallycortex09
08-14-2007, 07:54 PM
I have the A3 Accelerator [Black/Copper] and so far, i've had them since March, and used them thru one Varsity HighSchool tennis season and still are amazing. I do do my split steps, and did the workouts [carioca ladders, running, etc] and I love them. very comfortable, and hardly any signs of wearing down. I personally really liked them. I've even gotten comments about how the opposing coach wouldnt watch her kids, but rather stare at my shoe

Voltron
08-14-2007, 07:58 PM
I have the A3 Accelerator [Black/Silver] and I love it, I've had it since early July, and although I don't think they'll last too long, I really like how they feel.

bigmanoncampus
08-15-2007, 11:23 AM
A3's are just awsome shoes. Great comfort, much better than the resolve plus's that i've had before them. High arches though.

es-0
08-15-2007, 11:40 AM
I have the black/sliver ones and I think they are a great shoe but I have one problem with them. On both shoes my smallest toe rubs funny and it hurts when playing for a long period of time.

I solved it by wrapping tape around my toes.

EDIT: Also I have the Vapor 3's. They are lighter but they are less cushioned which causes the balls of my feet to get sore after playing for any long amount of time.