PDA

View Full Version : Info on stringing Wood Racquets

tarheelbornjohn
09-29-2004, 05:24 AM
I have gotten several mint condition wood racquets and want to string them up for actual play. Is there a site or information for stringing these things up out there?

gkamieneski
09-29-2004, 10:19 AM
Other than skipping holes in the throat (memory failing me), perhaps one of your biggest considerations will be that you have presses for those that you string to maintain their shape.

gkamieneski
09-29-2004, 05:09 PM
Other than skipping holes in the throat (memory failing me), perhaps one of your biggest considerations will be that you have presses for those that you string to maintain their shape.

Now I remember more. Generally mains are tied off at the 5th throat holes. Also the 9th throat holes are usually skipped and the 9th mains go into the 10th throat holes.

Hope that gets you started. Don't forget the press. Zephrs were nice.

Steve Huff
09-29-2004, 07:32 PM
You generally skip the 9th throat. This isn't the case on all woods though. Some skip the 9th head and throat (Rossignol Strato, to name one). When stringing 1-piece, your crosses will start at the bottom. The short side is the side with the zig-zagged grooves at the top.

tarheelbornjohn
09-30-2004, 04:32 AM
Thanks. I just got a set of 6 wood racquets used by a low ranked pro years ago with two of them is new condition. Ready to give them a try.

gkamieneski
09-30-2004, 04:49 AM
Thanks. I just got a set of 6 wood racquets used by a low ranked pro years ago with two of them is new condition. Ready to give them a try.

Give us the details, please. What have you got?