PDA

View Full Version : Barricade II's fit well. Will other Addidas sneakers fit? Pls Post Experiences..

Lindros13
06-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Addidas Barricade II's fit me very well. I've been using several pairs of them for over a year or so. Yes, I could just stay with them, but I have a desire to try something new.

Please comment if Barricade II's fit YOU well AND if YOU'VE tried other Addidas sneakers such as Barricade IIIs, IVs, a3 Accelerator, ClimaCool CC, etc. (or other brands, I guess).

I've heard that the Barricade IV's are a little heavier, which turns me off a little, but I'm most interested in a quality, snug/comfortable fit on the court.

No local stores seem to carry them in my size, so I'm considering ordering them online.. Thanks-

Lindros13
06-12-2007, 06:16 AM
Bump...

For those that have Barricade II's, do you like the fit of other sneakers as well? Which ones?

tennis-n-sc
06-12-2007, 07:00 AM
The II's, III's and IV's all fit me the same. I have never used the a3 or Clima Cools so I can't comment.

austro
06-13-2007, 05:47 AM
I have had II, IIIs and now IVs. I have found them all different. Even when I got the customized miadidas version, I did not have the same size in IIIs and IVs. The IVs are snugger from the top, their toebox is smaller than the IIIs.

robkat
06-13-2007, 08:20 AM
Over the last 5 years, I have worn BIIs, and BIIIs. I wore BIIs then switched over to the BIIIs. I’m currently wearing BIIs only because I couldn't find my size and color way in BIIIs. The BIIs fit snug and narrower (But still comfortable) compared to the BIIIs which fit/feel wider and have a wider toe box. I prefer the BIIIs over the BIIs. As far as BIVs, I have only tried them on and found the Toe Box to be much smaller then the BIIs and BIIIs. I felt with the BIVs my toes, especially my small toe(s) were being constricted.

alcap26
06-13-2007, 08:28 AM
I had the II and then went to the IV and I did not notice any difference in fit other than the II being slightly snugger around the toes and I mean slightly. The IV are heavier and took longer to break in.

rasajadad
06-13-2007, 08:30 AM
The toebox in the 3 is wider than the 2. The toebox in the 4 is shorter (top to bottom) than either the 2 or 3. The 4 requires "break-in" while the 2 and 3 do not.

ktownva
06-13-2007, 08:31 AM
I wear BII's and they fit like gloves. I tried the BIII's and they actually hurt my feet. I'm not sure if I had a defective pair, but those BIII's never broke in and the area where your toes should bend hurt especially. I haven't tried the BIV's and really don't see a need to, since the II's are perfect for me and I don't want to adjust to something new.

Lindros13
06-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Earlier this morning I ordered another pair of IIs (since I know they fit) and also a pair of IIIs. Now that I read some comments about the additional toe room, I'm a little concerned the III's will be a little loose. But there's no better way to find out. Looking forward to trying the IVs, especially if I see a price drop. ;)

rqtguy
06-13-2007, 10:45 AM
The addidas shoe line varies in fit because of the vaious mfr contract producers use different equipment and have different dimensional variance guidelines.

Bottle Rocket
06-13-2007, 11:21 AM
The IV's are larger...

It seems like I am the only one that has noticed this. Maybe I am completely wrong, but I don't think I am. The Barricade IV is the largest shoe I have ever worn for any given given size. Babolat's are at the other end of the spectrum.

The II's are still a little bigger than average for their size, in my opinion. I think they are a great fit though, a little more snug than the IV's.

Voltron
06-13-2007, 11:24 AM
The BIVs are a little bigger, like bottle rocket said, I like them though. BTW, why do you call tennis shoes "sneakers"? Are those for sneaking or something? Probably just before my time....;)

goober
06-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Nothing beats Barricades!

BIIs - slightly more narrow than either IIIs or IVs. But not a narrow shoe IMO.

BIII and IV bigger toebox, but it really should not be an issue if the IIs fit you well.

Urza187
06-13-2007, 07:39 PM
I was just like you. I bought II's, I loved them, but I wanted to try somethign new. I bought a pair of B4's, thought I broke them in, and got the beginnings of shin splints. I love the II's, I don't like the 4's. The 4's are way too heavy IMO. They are more comfortable though.

Bodacious DVT
06-13-2007, 08:36 PM
i never had a problem moving from bIIIs to A3's

baracades are the heaviest, feathers are the lightest, and A3's are the middle...est