PDA

View Full Version : Federer refuses post-match interview.

MasturB
06-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Wow he's really ****ed off.

Bud Collins on NBC says Fed refused to do an interview.

forzainter
06-10-2007, 08:44 AM
he interviewed for french tv

dima
06-10-2007, 08:45 AM
I posted it first, back off!

forzainter
06-10-2007, 08:53 AM
does everyone have to change their avatar now dima?

CyBorg
06-10-2007, 09:00 AM
he interviewed for french tv

Of course. Why would he want to talk to Bud Collins? The guy's painful to look at.

Moose Malloy
06-11-2007, 08:54 AM
was anyone else shocked by this? The only players I've seen refuse the NBC interview(which always happens after the FO & W finals) were Connors & McEnroe a couple times in the 80s. And Coria in '04, since he can't speak English.

And Bruguera didn't give an interview after winning in '93, since he needed to get an IV immediately after a grueling 5 set final.

I guess Federer took this one really hard, but it's a little disappointing, since he has been so great in fulfilling his obligations since he's been #1.

I've seen players suffer more crushing defeats here & still face the music, I think it shows great character to be willing to be interviewed immediately after a loss in a major.

nyc
06-11-2007, 09:24 AM
yes, but look at Bud Collins and his cheeseball questions. Bud to Nadal: "You are El Rey on Clay"????

*Cringe*

dunloplayah
06-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Yeah, bud is an old old old old fixture at these things and the older he's gotten, the more powderpuff his questions have gotten.

Did anyone see duing the Henin match when he was in the stands and a guy held a sign that said "bud collins is old..." I couldn't read the rest but it was sadly funny!

I feel for the old guy but it's time for NBC/TTC to retire him and get someone down there asking what WE the enthusiasts want to know about these incredible guy's games!

The Ripper
06-11-2007, 10:41 AM
I was surprised too that Federer refused the interview, but knowing NBC and Bud Collins, they were probably all over him the second the match was over - that first few seconds may have been the worst for Fed, so I could imagine him just saying no *get outta here!* and heading for the locker room to have some peace. He did give a very long interview to the French and they certainly asked him the tough questions although in a very respectful manner, which I think Fed deserves: Bud Collins may not have been as nice.

I actually think Collins asks good questions much of the time, I am just tired of his whole attitude, manner, dress, etc. Time to retire - pulleeze!! :neutral:

Phil
06-11-2007, 04:55 PM
was anyone else shocked by this? The only players I've seen refuse the NBC interview(which always happens after the FO & W finals) were Connors & McEnroe a couple times in the 80s. And Coria in '04, since he can't speak English.

And Bruguera didn't give an interview after winning in '93, since he needed to get an IV immediately after a grueling 5 set final.

I guess Federer took this one really hard, but it's a little disappointing, since he has been so great in fulfilling his obligations since he's been #1.

I've seen players suffer more crushing defeats here & still face the music, I think it shows great character to be willing to be interviewed immediately after a loss in a major.

Federer's "character" shouldn't be in doubt just because he wanted to be left alone for ONCE. I'd say, cut the guy a break...no one can be nice all the time under great pressure.