PDA

View Full Version : Igor Andreev

BluDiamond
06-10-2007, 12:30 PM
I think there is already a thread on this but i couldn't find it so don't have a go at me if there is but i was wondering about his Pure Drive. I saw him playing today and it definitely looked like there was cortex in it, not just painted on. How heavy is it and what strings and tension does he use?? Yes he has switched to the cortex version!!!! Secondly on getty images there is a pic of him playing a backhand slice, and on the hoop of the racket there is a silver babolat sign and writing, is this lead??? Picture number is #74415054.

Bogie
06-10-2007, 05:51 PM
no, andreev is definitely using the old pure drive without cortex. he string with luxilon bb original and has 2 3in. strips of lead, one at 1 o'clock and the other at 11. from what i hear, his pd is no that much heavier than a stock one off of the shelf and his swingweight is also very close to that of a regular pd.

J-man
06-10-2007, 06:08 PM
I would really like to hear what type of string he is using. For someone who get's that much topspin like Nadal. It has to be pretty durable

Bogie
06-10-2007, 06:31 PM
I would really like to hear what type of string he is using. For someone who get's that much topspin like Nadal. It has to be pretty durable

dude, i kinda just said that he uses luxilon bb original 1.30 in my previous post.............

BluDiamond
06-10-2007, 09:37 PM
no, andreev is definitely using the old pure drive without cortex. he string with luxilon bb original and has 2 3in. strips of lead, one at 1 o'clock and the other at 11. from what i hear, his pd is no that much heavier than a stock one off of the shelf and his swingweight is also very close to that of a regular pd.

he is certaintly using a pure drive cortex...i saw him hitting with verdasco with it today at queens...i was about 5m away from him and the cortex didn't look fake. the string was not bb original either because it was not that colour. there was no obvious lead on this pure drive but it looked a bit darker colour than the normal one???? i was a bit puzzled by that. Is the new pure drive darker than the old one??

BluDiamond
06-10-2007, 09:38 PM
and he has a new bag...but it looks kind of horrible ;)

BluDiamond
06-11-2007, 03:12 AM
okay...i took anotehr look at andreev's racket and it was MUCH darker than the normal PD cortex? i have no idea why and it definitely had cortex in. it was the navy blue colour that the old drive-z was and there was much less white on it! i am truly puzzled :(:(:(?????

baseliner87
06-11-2007, 03:17 AM
keep us up to date mate i wanna now

Bogie
06-11-2007, 12:38 PM
he is certaintly using a pure drive cortex...i saw him hitting with verdasco with it today at queens...i was about 5m away from him and the cortex didn't look fake. the string was not bb original either because it was not that colour. there was no obvious lead on this pure drive but it looked a bit darker colour than the normal one???? i was a bit puzzled by that. Is the new pure drive darker than the old one??

why ask a question and then argue about it when someone answers it. 1. if it was cortex, why would he still be using the old pj of it. he's one of the hottest players on tour the past few months of his comeback and if he would be playing with a cortex, i really doubt that babolat would want to paint it an old pj instead of emdorse their latest model.

2. yes, he is definitely using luxilon bb original and why argue about it unless u have something to go back on. jura posted a thread a little while back of all the pro's racquets that he has strung and stated that he strun andreev's sticks with luxilon bb original. search.

some proof:

this is from last week.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/Nadal1336/74415072.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/Nadal1336/74391059.jpg

PED
06-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Seeing how he moved up 65 spots this week in the ATP rankings, it is possible that bab gave him some new look PD's to play with at Queen's this week. He has been using the old school PD all spring but he might have finally made the switch.

Bogie
06-11-2007, 07:26 PM
ok, but do you really think that he would have switched to a different racquet after finding so much success as of late and moving up 65 spots in a week as you said so. no, he's still very much using his old pd's

BluDiamond
06-11-2007, 09:11 PM
yeah fair enough but i was standing literally 5m away from him. It wasn't big banger (i know this for certain because i use it) it looked more like the babolat factory strings you get. It looked like it had cortex because the thing stuck out. The bag he had is different though. i don't have any photos because i didn't think they would like me taking one of his racket especially if it's a messed up paintjob or demo racket or something.

fluffy Beaver
06-12-2007, 12:41 AM
yeah fair enough but i was standing literally 5m away from him. It wasn't big banger (i know this for certain because i use it) it looked more like the babolat factory strings you get. It looked like it had cortex because the thing stuck out. The bag he had is different though. i don't have any photos because i didn't think they would like me taking one of his racket especially if it's a messed up paintjob or demo racket or something.

Now you're just sounding like BS. And who is "they" (maybe Andreev)? You're scared to take pictures of other peoples equipment? Chances are you could have taken pictures and left and not even be noticed.

And yes, this thread was completely pointless, you ask a question got it answered then just argued. :confused:

fluffy Beaver
06-12-2007, 12:45 AM
Also, after this thread from you http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=93600 I don't know what to think of anything you write.

PED
06-12-2007, 04:42 AM
I guess we all need to check out the pics this week from the Stella then we'll know for sure.

Jonnyf
06-12-2007, 07:50 AM
I'm watching him play ATM and it sure looks like the old pd (non-cortex)

PED
06-12-2007, 07:53 AM
On a completely different subject, how is andreev on grass. I've only seen him on clay. Does that forehand still stroke winners all day?

Jonnyf
06-12-2007, 08:02 AM
On a completely different subject, how is andreev on grass. I've only seen him on clay. Does that forehand still stroke winners all day?

Well without posting scores etc. Both Andreev and Monfils seem to have adjusted quite well, hitting winners everywhere.

And about Andreev's FH. C'mon it's a weapon everywhere:Clay,Grass,Hard and Carpet (just watch pretty much ANY andreev match on any surface and you'll see him just rip the fh

BluDiamond
06-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Also, after this thread from you http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=93600 I don't know what to think of anything you write.

that's what my coach told me. he said there will be a new pure storm coming out and originally it was going to be january or something this year. he also said he thought there would be a new pure control which in a way there is with the pure storm tour.

I think Andreev must have just been trying out the new pure drive when i saw him which may explain the different strings he was using. It definitely wasn't a normal pure drive although i only saw the first 10 minutes of his practice with Verdasco. Maybe he just genuinely wanted to try out the cortex system. As for the colour scheme maybe it was messed up because some of my aero pro drives are darker than others. (the first time). Now though, i agree he is using a pure drive avec Big Banger in the tournament. Does he have that new bag by the way??

I saw him play again and this time he was practicing with the normal one so my conclusion must be he was just trying it out or something. Still though i am slightly puzzed because the pure drive cortex he was using was much darker without the bright blue bits and it was white and almost entirely navy blue

BluDiamond
06-12-2007, 09:58 PM
also, if you read the thread you claimed was bollocks then you will see that other people in the uk had my info confirmed by RELIABLE retailers such as A M T. thanks x. You can believe what i say and saw!!!!!!

BluDiamond
06-12-2007, 10:04 PM
also...if it was a new frame when he's 5m away from me i wasn't sure how he could react to me taking a picture of his racket. Okay, i admit maybe i could have, but there were only about 10 people watching him and i was more occupied with trying to take a look at Safin's flexpoint prestige when he walked past ;). Now do you understand???? I got a picture with SAfin though :).

JMS
06-15-2007, 05:11 PM
his forehand has a monsterous amount of spin

pow
07-13-2007, 03:41 PM

No, Bogie is correct.

Andreev doesn't even use a PJ of the cortex, he is blatantly using a PD w/o cortex.

BluDiamond
07-14-2007, 11:46 AM
yeah i know he's not using a paintjob NOW but that 1 time i saw him play he was using something with cortex. I guess he was just trying it out before the grass court tourneys

babaoh
07-15-2007, 11:16 AM
he also switched from Reebok to Under Armour clothes